Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chicko baby

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-24

Adjusting to a new food regime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime EmptySat 06 Apr 2013, 10:46 am

Thanks heaps guys :)
Back to top Go down
Teeli

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime EmptySat 06 Apr 2013, 5:59 am

Thanks Bluebags...I am feeling so much better for a good night's sleep and some food.And, I agree with you re Chicko baby- small amounts are all we can handle. I get the burps and hiccups too, I did even with the liquids, and 2 of my daughters are 2 and 4 years out from sleeving and they still get them.They say at their stage, it is only when they gulp or eat too quickly...or eat the wrong thing.They didn't have it as tough as me, but they still had ups and downs like evryone does with this surgery.

They both look a million dollars and have no health issues anymore- or at least, none that are weight related.So, it's worth all the problems we are having now- isn't it?

As for the hernia- my surgeon says that the only way he can safely repair it is to convert to a R.nY bypass, which he did not feel he was justified in doing at the time, as I am a superannuitant and the pennies are very few and far between.I could not have paid the extra for the bypass...and frankly, I think I'd rather have the hernia! So many people seem to have so many problems with the bypass!
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime EmptySat 06 Apr 2013, 4:24 am

Gee Teeli I hope you have turned the corner and that things will settle for you soon and then maybe some time up the road they may be able to help with the hernia.

Chicko baby I haven't been done yet but even though its still puree maybe slow it to snails pace and maybe a bit more runny sounds delicious NOT but if it helps and is only for a week or so I'd try.

Best of luck to both of you
Back to top Go down
Teeli

Female

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime EmptyFri 05 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

Actually, it's all gone topsy turvy now... I had to revert to liquids only since I last posted. I have had tremendous refluix since day one, but only at night.Now I have no hunger at all... go figure.

Last night was my first night without reflux since 12th of March- I bought a pottle of mashed potato and gravy at the deli in town, and had 7 teaspoons of that at 5pm. I retired at 8.30 and only had water until now-7.30 am next day.

I am hoping that I have finally turned the corner.

Weight wise I have averaged a one kilo loss every day since surgery.That may slow now if I can tolerate food again.
Back to top Go down
Chicko baby

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 1:27 pm

Yes I'm having similar with the hunger but. When I eat it's tiny bits and the I have to be careful of hiccups n burps and I'm still purée stage! It's driving me bonkers! Don't know what to do! I did not have hernia tho
Back to top Go down
Teeli

Female

PostSubject: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013, 10:08 pm

Hi- I was sleeved on 14th this month, in Auckland.It was a bad time for me,- the surgeon could not repair the already "repaired" hiatus hernia which was giving me so many problems, because the Band site had fused to the liver, as well as the hernia area. At the Band removal, he hoped he could repair the hernia when he did the sleeve but it was not to be.The scarring is denser than he has ever seen before in any patient. The result is that the moment I lay down I reflux copiously, despite the bedhead being placed on blocks. It doesn't happen so much when I am upright.

My surgeon and I have decided I need to just go slow, but try for a slightly thicker food, eg pureed stuff.The pureed food does tend to stay down longer, so I am eating baby foods(3month stage) and pureed oatmeal etc. This morning I tried an egg sort of custard /scrambled...and it's sitting ok, just couldn't eat all of it.

I am listening really hard to what my body is saying as far as food goes. The only real problem I have is with drinking the required amount of water. 400 mils is the most I have managed in any one day- not good, but there ya go, it's SOMETHING.

Does anyone else find that the feeling of "hunger" comes at a different time than before? I want to eat at 3.30am! and I don't want to eat again until maybe 11am...will this sort itself out in time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to a new food regime   Adjusting to a new food regime Empty

Back to top Go down

Adjusting to a new food regime
Page 1 of 1