Breathless
6 posters
AuthorMessage
missdaisy

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 1:02 pm

Like Breathless, I am ready to go. I have made the decision and now need to see the GP and get the ball rolling. I feel great that I have decided to go down this path.
I am worried about the time frames, I have been with my PHI since August last year (changed from another PHI) and have just changed to top cover. I will need to look into it to see that I am totally covered before making any bookings.

I will be having the surgery in Townsville as soon as it is all planned and I know I am covered etc.
What is the process from visiting the GP and getting the okay?

I am currently 155kg and need to jump on this as soon as I can to prevent further help issues.

Thanx for any advice and look forward to the support along the way. :-)
Back to top Go down
kadii
kadii

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-03-24

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 11:56 am

Hi breathless, good for you for making a decision that takes a lot of courage and commitment! Don't let your boss' words discourage you, nobody can ever discount what you become in life. Good luck tomorrow at the GP, I hope it all goes the way you want it to go.

Please keep us updated on your progress!!
Back to top Go down
Breathless

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-03-22

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 11:21 am

Nini wrote:
Hi Breathless,

Welcome to the forum! We could almost be sleeve twins - I just turned 51 on Thursday, l have lost 10 kg and am down to 100 kg, I saw my GP about a month ago ( although he didn't say I wasn't fat enough and in fact he congratulated me for making the decision to be sleeved!) I will see my surgeon on Wednesday so hopefully will have some idea how long I have to wait for surgery. I don't see the surgery as a last resort but as a new beginning.

cheers Nini

I am hoping for a new beginning too. But to me surgery should always be a last
resort. Of course we have all tried every diet known to man...I just want to live life without it always being about what I put in my mounth.

Im seeing my GP again tomorrow. I am hoping that he is supportive this time as I am very determined.

Thankyou for replying so nice of you to take the time to read my long post....lol
Back to top Go down
Breathless

Female

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptySun 24 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

Duckydoo wrote:
Welcome Breathless and congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve. For me from first appointment to getting sleeved was one month. I had to have a gastroscope a barium swallow and an appointment with the dietitian before I could have the op so I crammed all of those into a two week period, then started the pre op diet. I was sleeved on the 12th of this month. I researched it for about two months before hand. Seriously researched it I mean. I looked at all the pros and cons. Read all the horror stories and the stories of triumph. I decided I had done all I could on my own and it was time to get some extra help.

It's early days but so far I don't regret it at all.

Thank you so much for replying, good to not feel alone.

I have been researching for a while, and I get a lot of advice from my boss whos had the sleeve done. One of my good friends just spent 2 years in an RPA weightloss program so she could get the sleeve for free and she had Dr Jorgenson! Early days for her, she is 14 days pre-op. My friend was 220kg she lost 50kgs pre op and hopefully now is on her way down.

I have yet to read the horror stories, I am just so motivated now to get the surgery done. So I will be trying to cram the appointments in like you did...wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Duckydoo
Part of the furniture
Duckydoo

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2013-03-01

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 2:12 am

Welcome Breathless and congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve. For me from first appointment to getting sleeved was one month. I had to have a gastroscope a barium swallow and an appointment with the dietitian before I could have the op so I crammed all of those into a two week period, then started the pre op diet. I was sleeved on the 12th of this month. I researched it for about two months before hand. Seriously researched it I mean. I looked at all the pros and cons. Read all the horror stories and the stories of triumph. I decided I had done all I could on my own and it was time to get some extra help.

It's early days but so far I don't regret it at all.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 1:09 am

Welcome.

Be patient with yourself and your surgery. How long have you been investigating the sleeve?

If you have PHI already check it is going to be covered so you don't have to wait. I assume it wouldn't take long after meeting the surgery if your covered. Just a matter of co-ordinating dates. I had too wait for school hols but that helped me get into a better mindset and also I had investigated for 18 odd mths before hand,

cheers
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 12:20 am

Hi Breathless,

Welcome to the forum! We could almost be sleeve twins - I just turned 51 on Thursday, l have lost 10 kg and am down to 100 kg, I saw my GP about a month ago ( although he didn't say I wasn't fat enough and in fact he congratulated me for making the decision to be sleeved!) I will see my surgeon on Wednesday so hopefully will have some idea how long I have to wait for surgery. I don't see the surgery as a last resort but as a new beginning.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Breathless

Female

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Made the decision   Made the decision EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 11:51 pm

Its taken me a while but Im at last resort stage.

I'll be turning 50 in 2014 and I want to go back to Europe, finalise my divorce and be healthier, happier and a normal size for the first time in 25 years.

I have worked so hard to lose weight over the years as we all have. Tears, tribulations, excuses, reasons I've done it all.

My boss had the gastric sleeve done a few years ago and she is very matter of fact about telling me Im fat, always will be, get it done. You can imagine how upset I was! Lucky my boss is a woman, Im sure it would be worse coming from a man.

I weigh 106.7kg today. I have lost 17kg in the past 2 years, but its not enough.

Having the gastric sleeve op will mean a bigger weight loss of course, and I can concentrate and channel my energies into things that make me happy rather than dieting where all my energies went and I always failed dismally.

I want it done now! Seeing my GP on Monday, have an info session with Dr Jorgenson on May 14th, but that seems too far away.

How long does it take from start to op day?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Made the decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Made the decision   Made the decision Empty

Back to top Go down

Made the decision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: