Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sarahbunny21

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm

Thanks! Finally something to look forward to :)
Back to top Go down
Jussinger
Jussinger

Female
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 12:54 pm

I'm just over 6 weeks after surgery and had my first drink tonight. I went out to a party and managed my one glass. I was driving so I only planned on having one.
I had to wait a bit after eating a few small appetisers and I probably should have waited some more. I think Cee's right. I probably would drink first while there is space then eat. Learning learning.
I did however mange to only eat a tiny amount of the mountain of home made yummy foods on the table , and yes protein first. The little quiches were beautiful
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

Pretty sure I was drinking by 6 weeks.. I probably wouldn't have any more than 2 glasses whilst out though, as you won't quite know how it will affect you.

One quick tip... If you only plan on having the one glass, try and drink it before you start eating... As obviously you can't drink & eat at the same time, and you need to wait quite awhile after eating before drinking again (and for some reason if it's booze I can't drink any for at least an hour after eating).
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 4:55 am

That sounds awesome. I found a Tapas bar here at a local watering hole who also do meals (you know, mega meals to us!! too) You can look relatively ordinary fitting in at these places and enjoy a sip or two......

My hubby invited me out for breakfast tomorrow. I asked 'what are we having' meaning sharing his plate as I cannot see the point in ordering a breakfast I cannot eat. Most of the places we go are happy to provide a side plate and a picolo cappacino! I just say "ive got the smallest tummy these days' and it is true!

x
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

Yeah I'm just going to take a sip or two and see how it goes down! I found a place that does a mini seafood tasting plate with 2 scallops, 3 prawns and half a bug..so that should be sleever friendly..
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 10:25 am

Can't say no! I had a drink around six weeks out, it is your birthday, just take it easy and dont overdo it..
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female

PostSubject: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 6:08 am

Was wondering if it would be ok to have a glass of wine for my birthday.. I will be just over 6 weeks post op and on "normal foods" also.. If we were to go out for dinner... What would be a good food option 6 weeks post op?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?   Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wine 6 weeks post op, bday dinner?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: