5 posters
AuthorMessage
aliciamichelle
aliciamichelle

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-09

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 1:53 pm

While I was on the liquid stage I didn't care what I put in my body (liquid wise) the up & go's are good, you may find you get sick of drinking the milk for a for a protein sorce especially when you can only drink small amounts at a time and it goes hot is it's not in the fridge. I found at Woolies in the same isle where the up & go's are, liquid co co pop and nutrigrain with extra protien (yes these are high in carbs but honestly a couple of carbs while healing is fine). I also froze some of the poppers and ate them like an ice block. Nice and cool on a warm day!
Back to top Go down

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 5:12 am

PINKLILY wrote:
Up and go is on on my list.... I think it's more about getting in the protein in these first two weeks to help with the healing process. I wouldn't worry about the carbs at this stage.

That was what I thought PinkLily...any form of protein would be good...every little but helps right.

How are you feeling?
Back to top Go down

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 5:11 am

minime1967 wrote:
My dietican has it on my allowable fluids list....Just drinking a coffee one now. I dont like the vanilla... but choc is good. I agree with the texture thingy

Bummer...I knew the coffee one would be nice...Woollies has them on special but they were sold out.. Up&Go High protein 595690
Back to top Go down
PINKLILY

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 4:08 am

Up and go is on on my list.... I think it's more about getting in the protein in these first two weeks to help with the healing process. I wouldn't worry about the carbs at this stage.
Back to top Go down
minime1967

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 3:38 am

My dietican has it on my allowable fluids list....Just drinking a coffee one now. I dont like the vanilla... but choc is good. I agree with the texture thingy
Back to top Go down

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 3:22 am

~Trishah~ wrote:
It might be high in protein but its also high in carbs!

Would it be OK for just after surgery...in those first 2 weeks?
Up&Go High protein 697586
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 3:19 am

It might be high in protein but its also high in carbs!
Back to top Go down

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 2:59 am

Shellpei wrote:
Lemonpoppyseed wrote:
Today I bought some Up&Go for after surgery..has anyone tried it.
It's a High Protein one with 17.3gr of Protein..I think that sounds pretty good.
What does everyone think? Up&Go High protein 725676

MUCH better then opti!!! lol but weird texture, but still nice.

Well I figured ANYTHING had to be better than Opti!!! I even think the Opti has a weird texture,and I add 3 ice cubes to try and disguise it.
Im so tired today...I have to study as I have exams on Wednesday..but my brain is so blah...and I can't stay awake.
I'm just enjoying the last of my Opti before I go and have a nanna nap...

4 more sleep for us Shellpei Up&Go High protein 487524
Back to top Go down
Shellpei
Shellpei

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 2:47 am

Lemonpoppyseed wrote:
It's a High Protein one with 17.3gr of Protein..I think that sounds pretty good.

MUCH better then opti!!! lol but weird texture, but still nice.
Back to top Go down

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 2:32 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Up&Go High protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up&Go High protein   Up&Go High protein Empty

Back to top Go down

Up&Go High protein
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: