LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013, 10:14 am

I hated (and still do) protein powder.. Ended up giving the huge whey protein powder I bought at the start away eventually.

I just use the Natures Way protein powder that you get from Coles or Woolies now. Protein powder probably won't go down too well with thin soups that don't have much base to them.. But they're great for smoothies where you can mask the flavour pretty well.

Once you get to the puree stage and can make thicker soups etc, the protein powder will come in handy and will blend in well.
Back to top Go down
minime1967

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 7:46 am

I am 1wk post op today and i am using PROFORM NEUTRAL PROTEIN POWDER and i just add 1 tbsp to my shakes to boost the protein... but for 3 tbsp is equal to 25grms protein.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 7:07 am

Hi, the Musashi one says three level scoops which is 45 grams in weight,but this is to make a full shake of 300 mls of Skim Milk or water,i add one scoop to my cereal or porridge and about 1 1/2 if you want to add it to another shake. The other plain flavour one says two tables spoons 30g into 250 mls of water or milk but i tend to use this one to add to my extra foods etc as it is plain. If you have the Musashi one it gives you 30 grams of protein in a 300 ml drink which is a good protein boost escpecially if you have started to excercise. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-02-04

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 6:52 am

Thanks sassy, so how much is a serve for you?
sassyjane wrote:
Hi evergreen. i have two types of protein powder.one is Musashi high protein and is vanilla flavoured and i add that to smoothies or shakes for extra or mix it into your cereals,porridge etc,that one has 30 grams protein per serve. The other one i have you can get in Woolies and is Natures Way Instant Natural Protein and has 26 grams protein,there is no actual flavour to this one so is good to add to other meals etc. I mix it with a tiny bit of hot water first so it is dissolved bit like making custard etc or it goes a bit lumpy and wont blend,once blended that way it tends to mix better with other things you add it to. Hope that helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 6:49 am

Hi evergreen. i have two types of protein powder.one is Musashi high protein and is vanilla flavoured and i add that to smoothies or shakes for extra or mix it into your cereals,porridge etc,that one has 30 grams protein per serve. The other one i have you can get in Woolies and is Natures Way Instant Natural Protein and has 26 grams protein,there is no actual flavour to this one so is good to add to other meals etc. I mix it with a tiny bit of hot water first so it is dissolved bit like making custard etc or it goes a bit lumpy and wont blend,once blended that way it tends to mix better with other things you add it to. Hope that helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-02-04

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 6:33 am

Hi all, can i please some advice on the protein powder, im post op5 days, just bought some powder today as i couldn't have another opti soup for as long as i live.
My question is how do you get it to mix in if you are mixing it with soups, it just floats to the top,yuch.
And how much do you goes put in, mine says about 27g, so that was about 5 teaspoons..does that sound right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PROTEIN POWDER Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN POWDER   PROTEIN POWDER Empty

Back to top Go down

PROTEIN POWDER
Page 1 of 1