Mattrus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brucemendes0

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:50 pm

Hi to all,
yupp... you are right and so many persons are crazy about the exercise buy they forgot the things while doing that continuously that it had also bad effect on body....so that's really bad....thanks for sharing your link...
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyTue 31 Mar 2009, 2:22 am

Good luck Mattrus...the moral of the story is start slow, just moving and see where it takes you. I found once I took the pressure off I was ready to go to the next step!

Again good luck! (you dont need it!)

Trace xxx
Back to top Go down
Mattrus

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 2:39 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys.
It is going to be a really interesting journey. Only 3.5 days to go....eeekkk
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 3:06 am

Hi

I was good at first and was regularly getting on Wii Fit, then it dropped off a bit, got a bit bored and usually when I wanted to use it others were watching TV. But hooray, I have now joined Curves last week and have now worked out twice there and intend to work out 3 times per week (1/2 hour sessions) and I am now walking my dog regularly about 30mins of brisk walking. He loves it and gets so excited when I bring out the harness. I'm also going to start getting back on Wii Fit again as we are setting up a gym in our lounge (my son has a home boxing gym and exercise bike), so I can use the Wii without disturbing those wanting to watch TV. It is not the huge amounts of exercise like Kaili, but it's a start. Most people should be exercising at least 30mins three times per week, so that would be a good start and doing a bit more than that can only help.

Exercise Madness? 369315
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 2:26 am

Hi All,

I know how Kaili feels, I have also felt like an excersise nut trapped in an obese body. When I was in my late teens I used to sail and go bushwalking and all sorts of fun things.

I have been going to the gym (Curves) 3-4 times a week for the past 6 weeks (I am now 5 months post op) and riding my bike (which on the road really sucks - but I enjoy that feeling of freedom). I have an urge to run...a huge one but I dont want to run on the streets for the sake of my knees. My gym doesnt have treadmills so I am thinking about spending the money hiring a tready, the urge is huge (I think its emotional). I wonder if I have replaced sex with excersise, but its working for me! I have noticed that the weightloss has been slow since I have been at the gym (about 5kg) but I have lost 22cm off my body. I fit better into clothes etc...

Anyway enough of my rable - I say if you can get into excersise its a good thing and dont dispare if you cant - it took me nearly 4 months post op.

Trace
Exercise Madness? 369315
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 2:19 am

I congratule you all on getting into exercise my main exercise consist of walking in and out of the hospital to go have a smoke and wen looking after my 2 1/2 yearold grandson James i do dance and exercise while we watch the Wiggles James thinks nana is funny exerciseing with the wiggles but we have fun and thats the main thing i think having fun while exerciseing makes it easier

Cheers Sue Exercise Madness? 63412
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 1:58 am

Mattrus wrote:
Has anyone done a huge amount of exercise since the operation? I can see a bit of walking and some house cleaning (LOL)...what about running?

Hi Mattrus.

I usually average over seven hours a week. Unfortunately I've injured my hand so I've had to cut out some of the stuff I usually do, but will be back at them when it's healed.

I usually do a fit-ball class, 2 hours personal training, indoor beach volleyball, paddling, cycling, walking and jogging.

Last weekend I was supposed to do the 30km Freeway Bike Hike but had to pull out because of my hand (can't hold the handlebar or change gears).

This weekend I was in the Relay for Life.

Next weekend I'm doing the 10km Bridges Fun Run.

Jogging is pretty new to me, and twelve months ago I never would have imagined that I could do it at all! But I'm getting better at it all the time and can do it for longer periods. For very short periods I can run up to 11km/hour on the treadmill as well.

I usually walk/jog in Kings Park for about two hours on Sunday mornings and do about 10km.

I'm now open to trying new physical activities that sound like fun. For example, I tried sailing as well, but I wasn't enjoying it.

I've also increased my incidental exercise. For example, I cut through the Perth underground train station on my way to work because it means going down and then up a huge flight of stairs. :)

I'm very excited about being active, can you tell? I've always believed I was an active person trapped in an obese body, and I continue to prove it.

I know a lot of people say that exercise makes you feel good, but I never really believed it. Now I understand!

Anyway, I've waffled enough for now. :)

Good luck,

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptyMon 30 Mar 2009, 12:23 am

Hi Mattrus

I've been bitten by the exercise bug even more since surgery (Feb 09). I train with a group called Step into Life which is outdoor group personal training. Was allowed back 3 weeks after surgery but not to the boxing session until 8 weeks post op (which will be next week). SiL have franchises all around Australia and 3 sessions a week costs around $40 and I find them great as no 2 sessions have been the same in the 12 months I've been training with them. I'm even hoping to do the Sutherland to Surf (Cronulla) run in 2010 which is about 11km from memory but then who knows may make it this year yet.

I've even participated in the Saturday morning cardio run/walk session twice so far which is basically a 5km run or run/walk (doing intervals using light polls as the guiding distance). And on top of all that I've been riding my bike which I set up on a training stand in the living room so I don't have to worry about traffic and can watch tv or listen to music while I peddle.

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptySun 29 Mar 2009, 3:09 pm

Kaili is a bit of an exercise bunny now but she can tell you all about that.

I walk the dog 40 mins daily plus two personal training sessions a week. I also try to fit in a bit of extra exercise on weekends when I can. Unfortunately I don't seem to have time for much else. Something will just have to give- my job perhaps? I hear 2 Perth people won lotto this weekend :)
Back to top Go down
Mattrus

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? EmptySun 29 Mar 2009, 2:28 pm

Has anyone done a huge amount of exercise since the operation? I can see a bit of walking and some house cleaning (LOL)...what about running?

Look forward to the responses...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exercise Madness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Madness?   Exercise Madness? Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise Madness?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: