AuthorMessage
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Upset w drs goal weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 4:14 am

Amazing what yu can do!! So proud of you...fingers crossed I have great results like you have had.....xx
Back to top Go down
Nrmk
Nrmk

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Ditto   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 3:26 am

LittleMissCee wrote:
When I first saw my surgeon and he asked how much I wanted to lose.. He literally laughed when I said 60 kilos.. He then told me it was "unreachable" and "unrealistic".

He said I would get to about 80 kilos and that would be it.

I ended up losing over 65 kilos and now sit between 57 - 60 kilos.

I could literally say ditto. That is exactly what happened to me. When I told the dr I wanted to get down to 65kg he laughed and said it won't happen with this surgery. But he did say you can prove me wrong... So I think I'll set myself my first goal of 99kg to get under the 3 numbers then go as far as I can to try and prove him wrong.

Thank you everyone for your support. It's great to feel it.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 2:35 am

My dr doesn't do goal weights. He says you will loose about 50% of your excess weight and if you do more then good for you. Not quite 5 months out I'm over 50% but slowing down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 10:06 am

Hi Nrmk!

I honestly wouldn't worry about your surgeons goal! Concentrate on your goals and work to them! Prove them wrong!

You can do what you chose to do, you will lose as much or as little as you want because you will be in control of it!!

As all the lovely ladies have said, You can do it!

Kas

Upset w drs goal weight 50622 To your surgeon! ;-)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 9:36 am

My surgeons goal put me about 28% (65kg) and he said to be in healthy range need to be 55kg. Remember that BMI is one indicator of health - hip to waist ratio (women should have a waist less than 80cm I think), muscle:fat ratio (if you end a gym type person your muscle toning will be higher).

I lost weight before surgery, it was up and down. I started exercising, not heaps but abit.

Also if you plan on surgery to lose excess skin that will make a few kgs

You can do it :)
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 9:05 am

Hi nrmk have faith I really think sometimes they set our goals so we don't get disheartened. My surgeon put me at 76, his gym assessor said she would be happy with 80 but here I am sitting at 69 ;) Work out what is best for you, be realistic & always remember its your body don't listen to those "fun police" who say "oh you are getting too skinny", which I was told at 10 kilos ago lol!
Good luck.
Wow LMC love your new profile pic looking good girl x
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

When I first saw my surgeon and he asked how much I wanted to lose.. He literally laughed when I said 60 kilos.. He then told me it was "unreachable" and "unrealistic".

He said I would get to about 80 kilos and that would be it.

I ended up losing over 65 kilos and now sit between 57 - 60 kilos.
Back to top Go down
Nrmk
Nrmk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 7:30 am

thanks guys.

Veronica simco I'm from north west country town.

feelinfab thanks for that I think I'm gonna do optifast now, the doc isn't making me do it but if its excess at time of surgery then I'm gonna hit the opti.
Back to top Go down
feelinfab

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:35 am

My surgeon explained it to me as that "on average" people lost X% (I can't remember the exact figure maybe ?80%) of their excess weight at the time of surgery. So for example if you're 100kgs over weight you could expect to loose approx 80kg, if you were 60kgs over weight 48kgs, etc remembering I'm not sure of the exact % and as Duckydoo said there is always exceptions to the rule.

But he did really emphasise that as it was excess at time of surgery, so it was important to try and maintain or loose before hand.
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: good luck with your surgery   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:33 am

Duckydoo wrote:
My surgeon explained it to me like the bell curve. If you look at the average loss there will always be people who lost more and people who lost less. He just said to be mindful that some people would not lose a great amount and that I could be one of those people. He said everyone want's to be the one who loses heaps, but not everyone can be that person, and to just be realistic about what I might or might not lose.

He was very honest about it which I appreciated.

Good luck with your surgery Duckydoo, mine is not till December :-( but it will be interesting to follow you on your journey, it might help me on mine Upset w drs goal weight 65317
Back to top Go down
Duckydoo
Part of the furniture
Duckydoo

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:21 am

My surgeon explained it to me like the bell curve. If you look at the average loss there will always be people who lost more and people who lost less. He just said to be mindful that some people would not lose a great amount and that I could be one of those people. He said everyone want's to be the one who loses heaps, but not everyone can be that person, and to just be realistic about what I might or might not lose.

He was very honest about it which I appreciated.
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Interested to see the answers tothis one   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:09 am

Nrmk wrote:
Has anyone had the surgeon tell them that their goal weight wasn't going to happen with the sleeve surgery? i got my surgery date at drs yesterday and he says i will loose ~25kg, but Drs goal leaves me still in overweight BMI range! I realise I'm in charge of my sleeve after surgery, but would loosing a bit before the surgery help or is it inevitable? I'm very disappointed. Not sure what to think now. ... Yes I know the sleeve isn't a magic tool but I thought I'd at least get to healthy BMI range.

Hi, Im new here also and havnt been sleeved yet so cant answer your question, Im also from WA, whereabouts are you from, Im hopeing to have my surgery in December due to having to wait for the HBF to kick in in August and also we have a europeon holiday planned in Sept till Nov, Im hoping I can lose at least 50 kilos so would be interesting to see what you can find out ,

Veronica
Back to top Go down
Nrmk
Nrmk

Female

PostSubject: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 5:57 am

Has anyone had the surgeon tell them that their goal weight wasn't going to happen with the sleeve surgery? i got my surgery date at drs yesterday and he says i will loose ~25kg, but Drs goal leaves me still in overweight BMI range! I realise I'm in charge of my sleeve after surgery, but would loosing a bit before the surgery help or is it inevitable? I'm very disappointed. Not sure what to think now. ... Yes I know the sleeve isn't a magic tool but I thought I'd at least get to healthy BMI range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upset w drs goal weight   Upset w drs goal weight Empty

Back to top Go down

Upset w drs goal weight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: