AuthorMessage
Duckydoo
Part of the furniture
Duckydoo

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2013-03-01

new to the page. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the page.   new to the page. EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 12:35 am

Hi Lisa and welcome! I'm new here too. I have found the answers to pretty much all of my questions from poking around the boards. There's so much information on here. It's a really fabulous place.

Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

new to the page. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the page.   new to the page. EmptyMon 04 Mar 2013, 10:23 pm

was_not_me wrote:
hi all my name is lisa i am a mum to 5 great kids ages 13 , 12 ,11 an 7 yr old twin's. i live in brissie

started gaining weight befor i had kids after my dad died. i think due to depression an not looking after myself.

my op is booked in for the 26th of april an i am kinda a bit freaked out as i have had to have a few tests done on my heart an thing's. i was 145 kilo but have managed to lose 10.1 kilo on the optifast diet, but i feel as though i am starving myself. scared to eat , worried about failing my kids you know.

just wondering a few this...

what is the most common side effect?

did you have to go into icu an for how long..?

did you find yourself weak?

how long can you not drive for?

are you on any serious post op meds an for how long?

any help you all could give me is grwatly needed lol. thanx again.

Hi,

I haven't been sleeved but just wanted to let you know that you will learn heaps on the site, not to mention the support!! The girls and guys here amazing and willing to share all their experiences...good and bad.....so...WELCOME......

Sara xx
Back to top Go down
Homer4502
Homer4502

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-23

new to the page. Empty
PostSubject: Hi There from Andrew in Brisbane   new to the page. EmptyMon 04 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

Hi Lisa....welcome.

Congratulations on the big step.

I am six days post op and recovering well. I was sleeved on the 27th Feb at the Wesley by Dr Nick O'Rourke.

Based on my experiences only i'd be happy to address some of your questions.

I would say weight loss has been my most predominant side effect, but seriously, none that I am aware of yet. Prior to surgery, as a Type II diabetic I was on tablets and injecting Byetta....while in hospital they decided to stop my medication as my blood sugars were so good. At discharge they told me to monitor my blood sugar levels which I do every day and so far I am still off of my medication....YAY.
Swallowing was painful for me but that is getting better as each day passes. The tummy feels like it has pulled muscles and it is a bit a struggle to stand up from sitting and getting out of bed in the morning. I still have a little soreness in the tummy area but have been able to get out of bed by myself the last couple of days. It is also getting better every day. You just have to take things steady is all.

Didn't go to ICU.... My op had a couple of difficulties and was longer than average. I was therefore sedated for longer but woke up in my room and was able to swing my legs out of bed 4 hours after waking up. Was out of bed the next morning

Tired more so than weak. You can only sleep on your back to start with and I don't do that very well so I didn't get a lot of sleep to start with. Did manage to cat nap through the day. Now I am at home at 6 days post op I am able to lay on my side for short periods but still sleep on my back. Last night I had a full nights sleep.

General rule of thumb is you are not able to drive for 24 hours after anaesthesia. My daughter drove me home form hospital but I was driving the next day after getting home.

I am on no post op meds....was advised to take Panadol for pain if need but I didn't need any.

I hope this helps,,,,good luck

Regards
Andrew
Back to top Go down
was_not_me
was_not_me

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-04

new to the page. Empty
PostSubject: new to the page.   new to the page. EmptyMon 04 Mar 2013, 1:30 pm

hi all my name is lisa i am a mum to 5 great kids ages 13 , 12 ,11 an 7 yr old twin's. i live in brissie

started gaining weight befor i had kids after my dad died. i think due to depression an not looking after myself.

my op is booked in for the 26th of april an i am kinda a bit freaked out as i have had to have a few tests done on my heart an thing's. i was 145 kilo but have managed to lose 10.1 kilo on the optifast diet, but i feel as though i am starving myself. scared to eat , worried about failing my kids you know.

just wondering a few this...

any help you all could give me is grwatly needed lol. thanx again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new to the page. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to the page.   new to the page. Empty

Back to top Go down

new to the page.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: