Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sezza

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-19

newbie from Western Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:54 am

this is what I see when i open this forum, its too hard to look at so any advice would be appreciated!

newbie from Western Australia Ssss10
Back to top Go down
sezza

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:46 am

fattothinner45 wrote:
Hi sezza...fellow west aussie here,tho i am about 350 k's southeast...welcome to the site.....i am only 5 months post op,so quite a newbie myself.....best thing ever tho.....Will be interesting to see what your doc says....i was recommended the sleeve as the band not very applicable for country patients,tho everyones criteria different i suppose.....700 ks a big drive and the band seems to be full of challenges,tho i suppose there are some success stories out there.....The sleeve is permanent tho i believe your tummy can stretch some.....If you don't really care too much about eating a huge meal and having a good pig out ever again,it's the bomb.....as i said,i love mine but it's been an easy ride for me,with no real hiccups.....not sure about red crosses.how long have you been on site ,there may be a period of time before you can post on some posts.....

hi :)

I am interested to see what they say at the clinic. Im not even sure if they do the sleeve there, I suppose I will find out in a couple of weeks!

re the red x's, even looking at the page for the first time yesterday, it happened.
Back to top Go down
sezza

Female

PostSubject: Re: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:42 am

Chongololo wrote:
Hello and Welcome :)

Perth based here, getting sleeved on the 4th (YAY?!?!?!!) I think you will find that remoteness will favour the sleeve because of the fill issues - I believe those with bands can take a while to find the right level of fill initially, I have a couple of friends with them. Its a weighing up what you are comfortable with, I didn't realise that bands caused so many internal issues (potentially) plus seeing my banded friends throw up ALL THE TIME, and reading stories - I decided on sleeve.

Research research research :)

as for the red x's - hmm, do you have cookies enabled on your browser? it might well be a security setting as well. I see them occasionally too, I know what you mean.

Good luck with your appointment.

congrats on your surgery date!!! Yes, I am a bit worried about having to go back to the surgery all the time. We run a remote roadhouse so if I have to go to town every month, it puts pressure on my husband...but I will do it if I need to.

I have got cookies enabled...i dont know whats wrong, seems to be only this site...its doing my head in lol
Back to top Go down
fattothinner45

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:32 am

Hi sezza...fellow west aussie here,tho i am about 350 k's southeast...welcome to the site.....i am only 5 months post op,so quite a newbie myself.....best thing ever tho.....Will be interesting to see what your doc says....i was recommended the sleeve as the band not very applicable for country patients,tho everyones criteria different i suppose.....700 ks a big drive and the band seems to be full of challenges,tho i suppose there are some success stories out there.....The sleeve is permanent tho i believe your tummy can stretch some.....If you don't really care too much about eating a huge meal and having a good pig out ever again,it's the bomb.....as i said,i love mine but it's been an easy ride for me,with no real hiccups.....not sure about red crosses.how long have you been on site ,there may be a period of time before you can post on some posts.....
Back to top Go down
Chongololo
Part of the furniture
Chongololo

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:22 am

Hello and Welcome :)

Perth based here, getting sleeved on the 4th (YAY?!?!?!!) I think you will find that remoteness will favour the sleeve because of the fill issues - I believe those with bands can take a while to find the right level of fill initially, I have a couple of friends with them. Its a weighing up what you are comfortable with, I didn't realise that bands caused so many internal issues (potentially) plus seeing my banded friends throw up ALL THE TIME, and reading stories - I decided on sleeve.

Research research research :)

as for the red x's - hmm, do you have cookies enabled on your browser? it might well be a security setting as well. I see them occasionally too, I know what you mean.

Good luck with your appointment.
Back to top Go down
sezza

Female

PostSubject: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:16 am

Hi All,

Im new to this forum (someone posted a link to it on another forum I belong to.) I have an appt with Dr Kruger at Joondalup BMI clinic in two weeks time to discuss my options. I was initially sold on the band but now not so sure, as I live very remote and the fills, though not impossible would be a bit awkward for me (and would require me to travel 700kms)

so, I am here to find out more about the sleeve, as I know next to nothing about it.

I have one burning quesion though!! every picture/icon on this site is coming up as a red cross for me X (like that)

its really offputting, anyone have any idea why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie from Western Australia   newbie from Western Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie from Western Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: