Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 6:06 am

pippimoo wrote:
I am getting my surgery on 3 June 2013. I have been asking around everyone about the hair loss and this is what my hairdresser said may help some of you.

Under your scalp there are fine capillaries that carry the nutrients to your hair folical. If you have a tight scalp it restricts the flow of these nutrients so even if you are taking supplements you may not be getting the most out of them. So if you massage your scalp twice a day to relive the tension and loosen it up this will help your hair become stronger and healthier. Therefore minimalising the loss of your hair.

So my tip take the supplements and start massaging (or better still get someone to do it for you. I love my head being massaged)

Hi pippimoo I just saw the dietician and was advised that you fall will fall out with the right amount of protein........she said it could happen even to like vegetarian that don't eat legumes ,Tofu and eggs......I was surprised....
Back to top Go down
fattothinner45

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-10-29

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 4:45 am

Thanks pippimoo...all tips gratefully accepted.....hhmmm,how to bribe hubby into scalp massages without having to reciprocate "other" massages.......
Back to top Go down
pippimoo
pippimoo

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-02-27

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 3:11 am

marescolt wrote:
Thanks pippimoo for that. Have you joined the March 2013 Sleevers Group? Come and join us :-)

Opps my mistake doing this at work. I am 3rd June... All fixed up now.
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 2:57 am

Thanks pippimoo for that. Have you joined the March 2013 Sleevers Group? Come and join us :-)
Back to top Go down
pippimoo
pippimoo

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-02-27

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 2:17 am

I am getting my surgery on 3 June 2013. I have been asking around everyone about the hair loss and this is what my hairdresser said may help some of you.

Under your scalp there are fine capillaries that carry the nutrients to your hair folical. If you have a tight scalp it restricts the flow of these nutrients so even if you are taking supplements you may not be getting the most out of them. So if you massage your scalp twice a day to relive the tension and loosen it up this will help your hair become stronger and healthier. Therefore minimalising the loss of your hair.

So my tip take the supplements and start massaging (or better still get someone to do it for you. I love my head being massaged)

Last edited by pippimoo on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 3:22 am

Trisha, you're a fountain of knowledge you are! What a Godsend.
Back to top Go down
fattothinner45

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 2:09 am

thanks...will have a look on the weekend.....got a docs appt today so i can get my bloods done but feel my hair is thinning,and i'm losing heaps ,only 5 months post op so realise it's normal but still EEEKKKK.....
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 1:24 am

I got mine from the local healthfood store...Go Vita
Back to top Go down
fattothinner45

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 1:04 am

Can you get these fusion vits thru a regular health store or only online.....i will certainly try them....
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

Fusion Vitamins are fantastic. I have posted the youtube links below. I was sceptical but they are fantastic. You have to take both tabs for full effect. Vit tabs are huge but you can cut them in half.

I tried nioxin...cost me a bomb dried out my remaining hair and made it brittle and did nothing about regrowth. since starting the fusion even my eyelashes are thicker. my hairdresser was so blown away she made a print out of the vitamins and dosage and now hands it to people suffering with hair loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHSVFn_8A0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwUy4eJahWE

Hair Loss Showimage

Hair Loss Showimage
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 11:53 am

Okay, so where do I get the nioxin and activance from? And how much are they? Seems I'm spending a fortune lately on a whole pharmacy of vitamins and supplaments.
I'm starting to get overwhelmed by all this stuff.
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 10:53 am

Activance is a solution you spray on and massage into your scalp. Helped slow the rate and quantity of hair loss. It helped me.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 8:30 am

I just bought a hair skin and nail multi plus my nioxin arrived today, might be a good idea to look into Nioxin Ms Bride Marescolt as it makes hair thicker apparently. I can't wait to try my new bits and pieces
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:30 pm

Aaargh, one of the things I'm freaking out over. I'm being sleeved end of March but having our Church wedding (we only had a civil ceremony with just our parents) at the end of the year and I've been growing my hair! Shoot, it's already fine as it is, if I lose more I'll be bald! That reminds me, better go take my vitamins! Uh, a bald bride!
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   Hair Loss EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 9:04 pm

Yes that is what happened to me, with the extensions. You have done a great job in losing weight. Your hair will thicken, you can tell if it has started if you see some little short hairs at the hair line on the forehead. If you can stand it, cutting your hair shorter may help too. As I said before my hair thinned again after the tummy tuck, it took 9 months for it to thicken again. So the body was feeling stressed with everything going on.

Hope you are not too upset.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

Ive had my sleeve since May so 9 mths and lost 35kg. I hadn't noticed how fine it was due to the extensions but their out and now its all wispy and pathetic.:(
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   Hair Loss EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:29 am

My hair thinned and I know of a lot of people who have had to cut their long hair becasue it was getting so thin. If you can increase your protein intake as well. Your hair will start to grow back. How long have you had your sleeve? Doing what you are doing now will certainly help. It is because of the stress your body is in due to the weight loss. Unless it continues too long, your blood tests will show up a cause if there is another one.

When I had my tummy tuck my hair thinned again, but it is back to normal again.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Ive had extensions   Hair Loss EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:07 am

for a long time so when i took them out yesterday I noticed how thin and fine and in droves my own hair was falling out. I have decided to try Nioxin and also get some supplements for hair and nails to try and restore its gorgeousness, it was long and find but loads of it, now its really really fine.:(
I find my hair falling out everywhere. Does anyone have a particular supplement they recommend?

thankies
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 5:26 am

I hope I do feel better. I have had a few comments from people saying wow you have lost weight, you must feel so much better. To tell you the truth, yes it is easier to move, yes I have more staminer but I still feel really tired so I am hoping the gallbladder is the key. I proudly respond to peoples comment with yes I have lost 56kilos.

I saw my doctor today and she commented that my hair looks really thin. I have never had thick hair, but now even with the regrowth it seems to be thinner than it was presleeve. She told me to take hair skin and nails supplement.
Back to top Go down
debrobdan

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 1:57 am

Hi

Yes you will feel better after your gall bladder comes out I have mine out 25 years ago

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 11:21 am

There is lots of threads on here about hair loss as it seems most people loose a lot of hair. I did. I also am having vitamin B injections. I was getting really tired all the time and went for tests. I am getting better but it seems to be a really slow.

I have also just found out I have gallstones so I am hoping that whenI have my gallbladder removed that I will feel even better. I expect my hair will fall out again about 3 months after my next surgery.
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   Hair Loss EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 2:06 am

Your weight loss is going great. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
debrobdan

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 1:10 am

Thanks

At least I will save on a hair cut for a whileHair Loss 542174
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   Hair Loss EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 12:54 am

my hair thinned quite a bity the 9 month mark beginning to grow back again. I took blackmores vits for hair nails and skind made sure my protein intake was spot on. When I had my tummy tuck my hair thinned again. I also take 100mg of krill oil a day. Everyone is different and has a different reaction to what is going on in our bodies. It does settle down. My hairdresser says my hair is back to normal now.

So once you get the levels get back to normal your hair should recover, well actually your body will finish recovering from the op. I know of quite a lot of people whose hair thinned quite a bit and had to cut their long hair.

Distressing as it is, your hair will get back to normal. You will be ok.
Back to top Go down
debrobdan

Female

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Hair Loss   Hair Loss EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 12:35 am

Well I have just come from the doctors .I had some blood tests because my hair was falling out 18 weeks post op and all my tests come back very low iron,b12,and vitamin d some more pills and injections to take I hope it starts growing again soon. Has anyone else had this happen any advise would be great.

25/9/2012 day of surgery weight 129 kg

6/2/2013 weight 101kg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair Loss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: