Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.

Go down 
+3
minime1967
Keza
angelfish
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 4:27 am

Good on you angelfish!!!
How exciting for you!! Congratulations on putting your health first. I just had my surgery two days after my 42nd birthday - my biggest motivation was that I didn't want to keel over from a heart attack or worse. I figured that if I hadn't worked out this dieting thing in the past 20 years, then it was pretty unlikely I'd get there without this fantastic surgery!
Exciting times ahead Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. 217555
Back to top Go down
rexy01
rexy01

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 4:16 am

minime1967 wrote:
Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. 355206 Angelfish

I am sure you will love Dr Russell... I am booked in to have my sleeve on the 6th March with him. Understandably you are nervous but he is very thorough and will answer any questions you have.

Good luck

Agreed! Dr Russell is fantastic - he is extremely approachable and will answer any questions no matter how silly you think they are! I was sleeved two weeks ago and even though the post op fluids only is really hard going and frustrating, I know I have made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
peyow

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm

Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. 355206

I am also in Gladstone! Having my surgery on the 19th June with Dr Russell. (have to wait for PHI to kick in)

Have you got a date yet?
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: spoggy   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 7:47 am

It is quite normal to be nervious and excited at the same time. Congratulations on being so proactive about your health. I too became sick of struggling with my weight but waited until my fifties to do something. I wish I did it sooner. My daughter had her sleeve on the 17th Jan and is doing well. She saw me struggle with my weight, get diabetes and high bp and did not want to wait until that happened. You two are about the same age. So well done.
Back to top Go down
minime1967

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 11:59 am

Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. 355206 Angelfish

I am sure you will love Dr Russell... I am booked in to have my sleeve on the 6th March with him. Understandably you are nervous but he is very thorough and will answer any questions you have.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 11:54 am

Welcome Angelfish

You will be fine, understandably you are nervous. I hope your appt goes well for you tomorrow - how awesome you got in sooner!

I was 96.6 kg 21/12/12, and felt awful about it and the impact on my declining health.

Now 86.1 30/1/13, could be happier with the process and results.....

I wish you well! Congratulations!

Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. 355206
Back to top Go down
angelfish
angelfish

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 11:46 am

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but have been considering WLS for the last year. I am 39yrs old and have struggled with my weight for most of my life. In my 20's I would have to do an 1.5 hrs of exercise to maintain my weight, now in my 30's the weight has crept on and I am now a uncomfortable 98kg (Last weigh with Dr). BMI of 40.

I was considering the band but after much research and speaking with one surgeon who only performs the band, I opted for the sleeve and asked to be referred to Dr Andrew RUSSELL in Rockhampton.

My appointment was originally in April (I know a long time away) but due to the flooding here, there have been cancellations and I was able to score an appointment tomorrow. Am so excited that I dont have to wait, but am nervous also.

I have read all the questions that I should ask the Dr and am gratefull to this website, its such a breath of fresh air that there is support out there.

Kind regards

Angelfish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.   Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt. Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Regional Central QLD- seeing Dr Tommorrow for 1st appt.
Page 1 of 1