5 posters
AuthorMessage
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 4:47 am

I wonder if dumping is common with the sleeve?
Back to top Go down
ritaz1964

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptySun 17 Feb 2013, 10:09 am

Having learnt this new word DUMPING, I looked into all the symptoms.... I have to say it is identical to what I experience with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I didnt know what to call it ! So I have this dumping going on and I havent even had the surgery yet! Is it likely to be worse for someone with IBS??
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 11:32 pm

Thanks Janette.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm

From Wikipedia.......

Gastric dumping syndrome, or rapid gastric emptying is a condition where ingested foods bypass the stomach too rapidly and enter the small intestine largely undigested. It happens when the small intestine expands too quickly due to the presence of hyperosmolar (having increased osmolarity) food from the stomach. "Early" dumping begins concurrently with or immediately succeeding ingestion of a meal. Symptoms of early dumping include nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramping, diarrhea, dizziness, and fatigue. "Late" dumping happens one to three hours after eating. Symptoms of late dumping include weakness, sweating, and dizziness. Many people have both types. The syndrome is most often associated with gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) surgery.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 12:26 pm

excuse my ignorance but

what is dumping?

please explain
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

Hi Janette

No Im trying to focus on dumping for sleevers. There's not alot of research or documented cases but the more sleevers I speak to, the more I seem to be noticing that its happening.

So I just wanted to get some samples, see if there is any common threads/ symptoms and present my research even to my surgeon.

Now if our baby decides to arrive sooner rather than later this will all be on hold!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 7:45 am

Nat, do you want us to response if we don't get dumping?
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 3:42 am

Hi guys

Im looking for information from sleevers - long termers and short termers who suffer what they think is 'dumping' as Im looking at conducting some research on it.

So, if you would email me at cutenat78@yahoo.com and answer:
1. Do you experience dumping?
2. How far out are you from surgery?
3. What happens / symptoms when you have dumping?
4. What sorts of foods/ drinks do you think trigger dumping?
5. How long do your dumping symptoms last?

Thank you everyone :)

Nat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumping syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumping syndrome?   Dumping syndrome? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dumping syndrome?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: