AuthorMessage
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

advice/ experience needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 5:13 am

If clothing is causing you issues, then definitely don't wear them... but normal well-fitting clothes shouldn't be too bothersome at 10 weeks out.

I wore sucking-in pants quite often after my op. Not immediately, not first 6 weeks probably... but I never found that these kinds of items inhibited my eating at all. They're not squeezing your insides all around like a corset - I could understand being told to avoid waist-training or something until you're well and truly recovered... but general SPANX pants or whatever... I don't get it?

If you're having issues where even normal clothes are making eating uncomfortable, I'd talk to your surgeon. I don't think it sounds normal.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013, 6:19 am

Hi PoisonLilly, how have you been going ? great at last to start on some normal foods. I have find that it's bvetter to wear the softer AHH Bras as they have a very soft stretch band under the bust,that is all i have been wearing until the tenderness goes from the stab wounds ,so to speak. How are you going with weight loss ? have you lost much ? i am down 8 kgs in 4 weeks and even feel so much bvtter with that gone.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
PoisonLilly
PoisonLilly

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-09-17

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyThu 10 Jan 2013, 2:59 am

I've now just started eating soft food/normal food again, and have noticed I can't seem to wear a bra while I'm eating. It feels like it's putting an incredibe amount of pressure on my stomach! :/
Back to top Go down
KMBS

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

hi ashdac i get something similar I tried to wear some nancy ganz pant on NYE but had to remove them as I find it restrict my stomach and give me a funny hollow feeling would like to hear what your surgeon says

KMBS
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 9:12 am

Yes, definitely need to mention it, but it might be an idea to increase your reflux meds before you see him - then you'll have more information, eg how long it's been increased and what effect it's had? Also, is there a difference in the feeling depending on how long ago you've eaten, whether you've walked (I always found that walking after I ate helped, especially in the beginning), or even if you've eaten a tad too much or too fast. Good luck, and let us know how you go.
Back to top Go down
ashdac
ashdac

Female
Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 7:03 am

will do - due next friday
Back to top Go down
kobycoo

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 10:35 pm

think you need to mention it to your dr or surgeon.. doesn't sound good?
Back to top Go down
ashdac
ashdac

Female

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 2:18 pm

any pressure at all even loose baggy trackies - the waist band causes it.

i read on here that it restricts the stomach and digestion - i found when i tried them it was unbearable

im only comfortable in dresses as nothing is on my stomach

Im starting to think it might be uncommon?

anyone else experience increase reflux and discomfort?
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 1:44 pm

Who said you can't wear skinny/sucky in pants?

If that came from your surgeon I'd like to know his reasoning... I can't see why you can't as long as you're not in physical pain from them.

As for general clothing making you uncomfortable... What exactly is making you uncomfortable? Sounds like you need to start wearing something that you like and do feel comfortable in.

Even if that means trackies! Hehe.
Back to top Go down
ashdac
ashdac

Female

PostSubject: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 12:59 pm

Hey everyone i am hoping for some reassurance and advice on an issue

I have read we cant wear skinny pants/sucky in pants - thats fine im ok without them

BUTTTT

i am finding general clothing is making me really uncomfortable and stopping my digestion and giving me really bad reflux

I am only 10wks post op but i was hoping i am just going through a rough period - or is this it? i will have to adjust my clothes for the rest of my life.

I have started the reflux meds again and considering increasing them (will see dr next week)

Any advice, personal experience or hope??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice/ experience needed   advice/ experience needed Empty

Back to top Go down

advice/ experience needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: