leannemc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Widget

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-01-10

How much have you lost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 4:12 am

Day of Surgery: 104kg

Almost 5 months post op: 74kg

30kg loss in 5 months. Pretty stoked about that. Hoping to lose another 20kg (I'm quite short, 5'2) in the next year, but not rushing, I'm comfortable where I am at the moment (but I'm still "obese" according to BMI, and I am still quite chubby). I still have another 7 months until the 1 year mark and am pretty sure I can lose 20kg in that amount of time, so losing all my body fat should be complete by the 12 month mark!

I do a moderate about of exercise. Not strict but about an hour 3-4 times a week with main focus on muscles (I'm a very bad asthmatic so cardio can get quite problematic at times). On the other hand I dont eat very well and lead a bit of an unhealthy lifestyle (partying a lot, bit of junkfood). I'm 20 years old so you get the drift. I do all the normal things I used to do before the surgery (plus more) and very rarely get sick with any foods. Absolutely loving my post-op life. I take multivitamins sparingly (but most days lately) and notice a difference in energy with taking them, so I'm going to keep on top of them from now on (I hope).

I hope all of your journeys can be as enjoyable as mine.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

Hey lililei87, it does get better I promise! I was so negative at first thinking this was a complete failure and really struggled for the first few months, but it began to improve. I can now eat anything - just smaller portions. I still watch it on the fatty foods or even combining sugars (natural included) but it gets easier.

You are still trying to work out what you can and can't eat - it's different for everyone and can vary daily. If I go out to eat, I usually have a soup or salad as most entrees tend to be fatty and always skip dessert. Focus on nutrition first and if you have room left, indulge in something nawdy. If the protein shakes make you feel that way, then switch to another brand. I usually have coffee optifast or vanilla musashi with a teaspoon of coffee. Anything else makes me feel nauseated. I avoid pastas/rice/bread because they fill me up too quick - don't get enough nutrition and feel lethargic for the day, so I will replace with seafood, veges or fruit (I still find chicken too dense). Experiment and work out what you can easily, keeps you full and doesn't bring on dumping.

Please don't compare your weightloss journey to anyone else. It's your body, it's going to react and do what it wants it's own way. I've had stalls for up to 6 weeks but then dropped 3.5kgs in 2wks. I don't do a lot of exercise either as work in an office, but I do try to mix up my calories so my body doesn't get used to eating the same thing.

Are you taking your vitamins too? Combined with high protein this should help with energy levels. I really notice the difference to my energy/mooding/ability to cope, if I don't take mine daily. I take centrum morning and night as recommended by my surgeon. If you can't tolerate just yet, try the chewable/jelly vitamins until you can.

Don't make it all about weightloss as your weight doesn't define you. A healthier and happier you is the goal - and you are already on your way How much have you lost? 446871
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 10:16 am

Garfield99 wrote:
lililei87 wrote:
Hi everyone, I guess the info is in my sig but I'll share it here anyway. Around 7 kilos in 6 weeks. I feel very disappointed with my sleeve at the moment, hence why I have not been on here as much as I used to.

Can I ask why you are disappointed with your sleeve? You are averaging a weight loss of 1kg per week which is huge and most people would be ecstatic about. I would think it would be unreasonable to expect more than that and would put your own health at risk. Your body loses it in it's own pace - with stalls along the way (annoying but part of the journey).

With the sleeve I lost 12.9kg and with the bypass I have lost 12.8kg. My average weightloss is 1.09kg per week.

Hi Garfield, you're right, I know you are. It's just that my Aunty had the sleeve done and lost 30 kilos in less than 4 months and I see so many others on here who lose huge numbers. I went down 4 kilos in the first 2 weeks and now the weight loss has been so so slowww.

I'm not exercising much because of the retail job I'm in which leaves me exhausted but I drink 40-60grams of pure protein whey shakes everyday and a bite of food here and there. Barely any junkfood as I cannot tolerate things which are too sweet or too oily. The few times I was out with family and tried having soft foods like this that were rich eg mousse, left me with major dumping syndrome.

So I get dumping syndrome and feel like I can't eat anything and I force myself to down these shakes which are gross and glucky. Then from 03 december up until now I've lost 4 kilos and it makes me feel crappy. I know I'm being impatient and that slow and steady wins the race but I get really frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 5:55 am

Kazz B wrote:
Hi Garfield99

Can I ask why you had a sleeve then a By pass? If that is ok if not please let me know.

Kazz B

Hi Kaz, the surgeon botched the sleeve op and I needed emergency bypass. All fixed now How much have you lost? 65317
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 4:35 am

Hi Garfield99

Can I ask why you had a sleeve then a By pass? If that is ok if not please let me know.

Kazz B
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 3:24 am

lililei87 wrote:
Hi everyone, I guess the info is in my sig but I'll share it here anyway. Around 7 kilos in 6 weeks. I feel very disappointed with my sleeve at the moment, hence why I have not been on here as much as I used to.

Can I ask why you are disappointed with your sleeve? You are averaging a weight loss of 1kg per week which is huge and most people would be ecstatic about. I would think it would be unreasonable to expect more than that and would put your own health at risk. Your body loses it in it's own pace - with stalls along the way (annoying but part of the journey).

With the sleeve I lost 12.9kg and with the bypass I have lost 12.8kg. My average weightloss is 1.09kg per week.
Back to top Go down
4bindy
4bindy

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 1:07 pm

Hi Leanne,

Date of surgery 14/11/12 weighed 116.4kgs! Today's weight 7 weeks post op is 99.5kgs so a loss of nearly 17kgs.

Belinda
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 11:38 am

Hi everyone, I guess the info is in my sig but I'll share it here anyway. Around 7 kilos in 6 weeks. I feel very dissappointed with my sleeve at the moment, hence why I have not been on here as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 5:16 am

My starting weight (I didn't do opti) was 128kg, I am 17 months out and now weigh 58-61kg.
Back to top Go down
Jannie G
Jannie G

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyMon 31 Dec 2012, 11:06 pm

Hi Leanne, day of surgery 12.12.12 weight 110kg. 1 week post op 103kg 2 weeks post op 99.3kg.

I have'nt weighed myself yet this week. I only weigh myself once a week on a Friday.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyMon 31 Dec 2012, 10:04 pm

Hi Leanne, day of surgery i weighed about 127kg and im 15 months post op and ive lost 54kg. I lost 6kg on the diet shakes pre surgery and im 3 kg shy of my target weight of 70kg :)
Back to top Go down
leannemc

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-09-02

PostSubject: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? EmptyMon 31 Dec 2012, 8:44 am

Hi all, I was wondering if any if u would like to share your weight loss, NOT including opti pre op diet. Can I have start weight day of surgery, how many week post op, and how much lost? Thanks

Mine is
Start weight. 97.6
3 weeks post op
8.5 kg loss
Weight 89.1 kg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much have you lost?   How much have you lost? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much have you lost?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: