3 posters
AuthorMessage
dani12118
dani12118

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-05-29

All the questions from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the questions from a newbie   All the questions from a newbie EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013, 4:10 am

If you are working fairly labour intensive, then I think 6 weeks. My surgeon told me that I couldn't commence hard exercise until after 6 weeks. So I think it would be roughly the same for hard labour work. 

:)
Back to top Go down
Great Northern

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-09-03

PostSubject: Re: All the questions from a newbie   All the questions from a newbie EmptySat 07 Sep 2013, 3:14 am

Hi esebo guy, Like you I am a newbie but I had a similar conversation with the consultant that works at the office of my Dr. I was told by her that if you have a physically demanding job that up to 6 weeks can be advisable.
I would assume working in the mines being labor intensive also may mean you will have issues with heat and rapid fluid loss from working in the heat. You may find this difficult considering your new sleeve wont allow for rapid fluid replenishment. So I definately would make this known to your surgeon as from all accounts it can be very difficult in your first weeks to get all your required fluid in let alone couple with the fluid loss from working in extreme conditions.

Good Luck mate and I hope your surgeon can advise you on what is best for you.All the questions from a newbie 65317
Back to top Go down
esebo guy

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: All the questions from a newbie   All the questions from a newbie EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 6:32 am

Hi everyone, I just have a question as to how long I will need to take off work? I work mining so its fairly labour intensive. Im booked in oon the 8th of feb for my first appointment with Dr John Armstrong and hopefully will get my sleeveat the start of april. Also has anyone used this Dr before? what were your out of pckets? Im with bupa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the questions from a newbie   All the questions from a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

All the questions from a newbie
Page 1 of 1