Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 4:26 am

Cafe-cat - check this info on Isowhey, it has a very small amount of lactose. I use it post-op, very yummy I add it to lactose free milk or soy. With milk it's just over 200 cals but you can only do 2 a day. If dietician says Isowhey is ok, you should be able to have a protein/veg meal

I have also been looking at clothes :)
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 2:11 am

Thanks for your christmas wishes.
I also need to lose 30 kilos but first step is to get my band removed, just waiting on a date.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
Cafe*Cat
Cafe*Cat

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptySun 23 Dec 2012, 11:09 pm

Thanks btgirl, I am looking forward to 2013. When I have been out Chrissy shopping I have been slyly eyeing off all the amazing skinny-clothes in the shops, maybe next year I can wear them! Have a lovely Christmas, I look forward to sharing your journey on this fantastic supportive site, Elle
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptySun 23 Dec 2012, 10:28 pm

Best of luck as you prepare got your surgery. I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
Cafe*Cat
Cafe*Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptySun 23 Dec 2012, 10:23 pm

Thanks Purr and Lin, I am not sure what the dietician is going to suggest for me in lieu of the opti, as I am lactose intolerant. I have been good over the last couple of weeks, no sweets, no snacks, smaller portions etc.. And as per usual the scales haven't budged, although my partner has lost weight!! So unfair, I do the work and he gets the results. Elle
Back to top Go down
Purrfection
Purrfection

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 1:56 am

Cafe-Cat - I started this journey wanting to lose around 40kg.
I was sleeved just over 5 weeks ago and I've lost close to 17kg so far (including the opti stage).
I honestly feel that I will make it to my personal goal, as it's a realistic goal weight.
My doctor didn't give me a goal weight, but if he did I imagine it would be lower.

So if I continue to lose weight after I reach my personal goal - it's a bonus :)

Keeping mini-goals is a great way to stay positive - it's only early days for me, but it's working.

A huge help is the support and info from this forum.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 12:57 am

it's different for everyone. it is possible to lose it all, some do some dont. you will find people on here who lost a large percentage of excessweight and are happy with what they have done. if you are waiting till march there is nothing to stop you from losing abit before surgery. I lost 10 or so prior to surgery (some without the opti phase).

welcome
Back to top Go down
Cafe*Cat
Cafe*Cat

Female

PostSubject: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, I have booked in for surgery in March but am wondering what the weight loss outcomes are for someone like me. Stats seem to show % of weight loss, any chance I could lose it all?

I would appreciate any feedback, and also any feedback/suggestions from anyone who has been sleeved by Mr Aly at Warringal, Heidelberg?

Thanks so much,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?   Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point? Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to lose 30kg - anyone else start at this point?
Page 1 of 1