15 posters
AuthorMessage
Evie Marie
Evie Marie

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 4:58 am

Hi Outbackgal,

I was sleeved by Dr Harrison, I think the gap depends on who your PHI is with, mine was around $6600 that's not including the assisting surgeon or the anethesis. I did have a single room at the Calvary, the care given was fantastic. I had the surgery booked for 14 Nov 12 and saw Dr Harrison on the 2 Nov 12, so there wasn't a long waiting time in between. I have lost 45 kgs over the year and have another 15 to go, I am very happy with the care and support give by Dr Harrison's team. Good luck. Rae
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyTue 20 Nov 2012, 9:43 am

Here is the link for Dr Richard Harrison started back in 2009.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t2238-dr-richard-harrison-wagga-nsw?highlight=Dr+Richard+Harrison#64942

I was sleeved by Richard Harrison in 2009, the first year he started doing sleeves.

Go along to one of his seminars, I think he runs them monthly. They are very imformative, and he always presents 2-3 sleevers on the night. I have spoken at two of these.

No good giving you want I paid as my gap, too long ago, as is the waiting time, he does more sleeves now, but also has a partner.

I did have a single room at Calvary.

I was very happy with his whole team.
Back to top Go down
Mona72
Part of the furniture
Mona72

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyTue 20 Nov 2012, 8:44 am

Hi Outbackgal

I'm from Wagga too but I'm not using Dr Harrison, (or Dr Williams who now works with him) so unfortunately I can't answer your questions. I did however call his rooms to enquire about costs, etc. when I first started researching surgeons. Approx cost was $19 000, I didn't have PHI then either and was told they didn't take self-funding patients.

Hope this helps at least a little... and bumps your post too :))
Back to top Go down
Outbackgal

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyTue 20 Nov 2012, 6:55 am

bump Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  697586
Back to top Go down
Outbackgal

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-11-19

PostSubject: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 11:14 am

Hi All,

I have been combing through the threads the last few days looking for any information about Richard Harrison at Wagga.

He sounds pretty good from what I have read here, but was wondering from people who have gone through him:

1. How much was your gap?
2. Does he do payment plans?
3. Do you get a single room at Calvary or a shared?
4. How long did you have to wait from first appointment with him till surgery day?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
cinta812
cinta812

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Dr Harrison   Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 11:39 pm

I am having sleeve surgery on March 5 2011! Nervous and a lot excited!!

I have met Dr Harrison when he operated on both my boys...so I am already confident he will do a good job!!

I would be interested in attending group meetings as I really want to be a success...for myself...to know I can do something that is wholly for myself...I have 4 kids (Mums out there hear what I'm saying!!).

I posted in 'My Diary' if anyone is interested....

Thanks for sharing :)

J xx
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 6:19 am

I was sleeved by Dr. Harrison on March 21st, 2010. I had minimal pain in the first 24 hrs and then had the drip and PCA removed the follow day. It was hard to believe that I had even had surgery. I have had a smooth recovery and would reccomend Dr. Harrison and his team to anyone.

The team involved are so wonderful and it was easy to not worry about anything and trust that all would be ok for my op.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm

I was sleeved by Dr Harrison on the 2nd June 2011. What a lovely man he is. His team are just wonderful. Tracey, Dr Graham, his assistant (whom i didn't meet), Katrina, the reception staff. Anyone getting the surgery done through Dr Harrison, you have nothing to worry about. You are in the best hands!!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:18 am

I was sleeved by Dr. Harrison on March 14, 2011.

I did have a minor complication, my intestine was fused to my spleen. Dr. Harrison called it 'unusual anatomy'. My spleen was 'nicked' and I had a small bleed. However, four days later, and everything is fine. Dr. Harrison does not use drains, and one of the nurses said he was a 'tidy surgeon' in that he did not leave big scars, he uses tape to seal wounds, and I have five nice tidy little key hole marks.

He is a very sweet man, and is very caring of his patients.

I am completely happy with both him, and the care I recieved at Calvary Hospital.
Back to top Go down
nickif
nickif

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:38 am

The best damn team ever i say.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 2:02 pm

Hi Bellshell

The first step is to go to an information session.

Recommend Dr Harrison, I am nearly 6 months out with no probs what-so-ever.

You are quite welcome to join us at our next meet up.
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 12:36 pm

Hi Bellshell,

The information sessions are great... and are really well worth it... I went to one before I made my decision... and there were quite a few people there. Dr Harrison's team also is just fantastic.. they make you feel so comfortable and are very thorough in explaining everything.

We also have a group of us that get together in the Riverina area.. next one at this stage I think is 6th July in Wagga.. Nabiha's kitchen?... time TBA... at this stage.

Dr Harrison also runs a support group which is attended by his nurse and it is on every month.... Last saturday at 2pm in Dr Harrisons rooms.... there is one this saturday (tomorrow)..

Have a good look around here.. this site is great for information and is now one of the sites that they tell you to have a look at as there are many people with lots of different Drs and different methods etc.. also lots of experiences and there are also threads that can help you with funding the op from your super..

Hope you find what you are after.

LK
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 11:20 am

Hi Bellshell
I was sleeved by Dr Harrison and his team in January this year at Calvary in Wagga. Go to an information night. They're really worth it! So many people go. You will definitely not be alone! Read the postings on this site inside and out. The diaries are brilliant. The whole site helps. Ask questions in the appropriate sections too. Everyone is so very helpful.
All the best with your decision making processes.
Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  65317
RG
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 10:46 am

Hello, I am in Wagga. My doctor has told me she thinks I should have surgery. I am trying to find out as much as I can. I have not gone to the info seminar yet. My doc told me I can use my super as I do not have private cover. Could anyone tell me which hospital Dr Harrison does his sugery in?
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 12:12 am

I was also sleeved on 29th March 2010 by Dr Harrison.... his staff... and especially his Nurse Tracey are just wonderful... Extremely knowledgeable on the sleeve and have travelled to seminars overseas to research this operation...

I have just had my post op appointment... a little bit later than most.. at nearly 7weeks... but have had absolutely no dramas during or after the operation.. all went smoothly no major pain straight after the op... and no trouble eating anything since.

They are so supportive and just give you the greatest backup and confidence...

Also for those that want to know.. Dr Harrison uses a size 36 Bougie.. which appears to be a good size from what I have read... He said he doesn't go any smaller than that.. as it causes too much restriction and trouble...

If you are looking at having the op with Dr Harrison... it will be the best decision you make... I just love my sleeve....

Leanne
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:04 am

i had the sleeve by dr harrison in wagga on the 11th march,my surgery and recovery has been very smooth,no problems and he is a lovely man and so are his staff.
i recommend him to anyone thinking of having the sleeve
Back to top Go down
my two girls
my two girls

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Dr Harrison and team   Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:28 am

hi i was sleeved on the 30th November and i have to say this was the best thing i have ever done. I was 111.1kg at the start and i'm now 88k's (yeah!!!). He was fantastic and Tracey his nurse is so supportive as to is DR Graham . Could luck and all the best ( you are in very good hands!!)
I haven't changed my ticker yet as i'm trying to remember how to do it!!
all the best
Trish Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  63412
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:17 pm

Hi Leanne and welcome to the forum and congratulations on your decision to be sleeved.

I was sleeved by Dr Richard Harrison on 14 December 2009. I had a great recovery with no problems at all, no nausea since day 1, no vomiting at all, and I can now eat anything.

I was very impressed with the pre and post op care given by Dr Harrison and his team. Agree with everything Raingold and Happyone have said also.

Highly recommended.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  217555
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 3:06 am

I am being done by Dr Harrison on 29th March...

Did you have any trouble post surgery.. and how is the recovery.

Leanne
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 5:35 am

I totally agree with happyone.
Dr Harrison and his team are totally professional, friendly and courteous. All you could ask for. Right through from the initial meeting stage through the decision making processes, the Opti stage, surgery stage and after surgery followup.
They're brilliant!
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Dr Richard Harrison - Wagga NSW   Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 10:12 am

Went to an info session at Wagga on the band and heard of the sleeve. For me there was no turning back. Dr Harrison seems to really know his stuff and he seems a very nice man. His staff are attentive and even contacted me during the opti stage to see how I was going. I also thought Jocelyn the dietician was very helpful. I was sleeved by Dr Harrison a few days ago and am very happy with the result. I would not hesitate in recommending him and his team.

Feel free to contact me should you want any further info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.    Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Richard Harrison at Wagga.
Page 1 of 1