Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's really happening! Surgery date booked!

Go down 
+2
Liz
KatieBear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blackxs

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-08

It's really happening! Surgery date booked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's really happening! Surgery date booked!   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 10:09 am

Hello!

I am also from Perth and near the same age as you (28 in January). Congrats on getting your surgery date! I saw my surgeon last week and I was really hoping to have my surgery booked for January but he is booked up until Feb... so I am getting sleeved on 14/02/13... valentines day! haha. I look forward to seeing how you are going as I won't be long after you!
Back to top Go down
dragonlady
dragonlady

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-11-11

PostSubject: I know how you feel   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 8:54 am

Hi KatieBear

I really understand what you are saying about the weight and what it makes you feel like. I think it's great you are doing it at 30. I am starting on this at 53.....what a waste!
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: It's really happening! Surgery date booked!   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 11:05 am

Hi and a huge welcome katiebear!

Congrats on your decision, I think it's the best thing I've done and I'm sure you will too!

I think a lot if us on here have very similar stories, guess that's why, no matter what stage we are all at, we can relate to all the posts and are so very happy to help anyone along! There are so many lovely people on here that will jump at the chance to help!

I was pretty quick at my date too, 1mth from appointment I was sleeved! Chrissy will make the time fly by for you! ;-)

Kas
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: It's really happening! Surgery date booked!   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 10:44 am

Hi KatieBear, a big welcome and congrats on your surgery date. With xmas etc coming up I bet the time will fly past. Of course many of us can relate to what you say hon, we've all been in the same boat. Can't wait to hear how your surgery goes :)
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: It's really happening! Surgery date booked!   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 10:42 am

Hi and welcome to the site KatieBear. It is an awesome place to get information and ask questions of people who have been through where you are going. Congrats on getting your sleeve date and I must say that mine happened quicker than yours. I started my research in June 2012 when I celebrated my 60th birthday. I hated myself and I knew it was time I did something about my weight. I have been overweight all my life and like you I have been on the diet yo you for as long as I can remember.

I was sleeved on August 17 and to date I have dropped over 21kgs and I am feeling great. My best piece of advice which I have said quite a few times on this forum is please follow what you are told by your doctor/surgeon/dietitian. It is very important to follow the guidelines given by them to obtain the best results.

Best of luck on your journey and please join the monthly sleevers thread for January where you can also chat with other members who will be going through the same things as you.

I look forward to follow your sleeve journey. Good luck.

Liz xxx
Back to top Go down
KatieBear

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: It's really happening! Surgery date booked!   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 10:15 am

Wow, that was fast. I've only posted twice in here, that's how fast it was! It's really happening! Surgery date booked! 427584

So i had my first appointment with Jon Armstrong here in Perth today.

My surgery is booked for the 14th of January! It concerns me slightly that I was booked so fast, just how fat am i??!? LOL!
Next week I have my Psychologist, Dietician and Sleep apnoea appointments all in one day on the Tuesday, then I see my surgeon again
on I think the 21st of December for a follow up to see if everything is peachy. I have my blood test form all ready to go for Wednesday when i get to work ( I work in pathology, so i get them done in the morning before i start. Lucky me! )

Text on a page can seem rather same-y and monotonous sometimes, so I'd like to take this opportunity to explain myself and how I feel about this surgery. I'd love to see people's comments and how they can relate, I am so glad I joined this forum when I did. It's really happening! Surgery date booked! 217555

I have always struggled with my weight - I could lose it sure, but before long it'd creep back on and even more on top. It went up and down like that from 16 years old ( I am now 30 ).

I am tired. I am tired of standing up from the couch and finding such a simple task a struggle. I am tired of being scared when I feel my toes slowly going numb from the diabetes that is bit by bit ruining the nerves in my feet. I am tired of shopping in the bigger people's section in Target and Big W, never happy with how I look even if by chance I did find something. I am tired of people laughing at me in shopping centres, I am tired of being self conscious whenever I am not the only one in a room. I am tired of playing on the floor with my 19 month old baby girl and panting like a bloody walrus at the slightest of our exertions. I can't MOVE anywhere, it's so limiting! I am tired of boiling in summer, feeling like I am going to pass out as my body tries to cool down.

I am tired of not feeling like a woman, not taking advantage of my youth. I am tired of feeling like I am not good enough for a large majority of men (as shallow as they may or may not be..)
I am tired of fearing that I'll get cancer, have a stroke or a heart attack - all of which are in my family on both sides.

I am tired of feeling tired from my sleep apnoea!

I am STOKED at the thought of being able to move properly and not have my legs join up at the knees, to be able to wear gorgeous clothing with confidence, to not feel second rate in a society that, as hard as you try to be a positive and happy person, is swathed in stigma towards the overweight and the obese. I couldn't sleep last night, it's like a bloody dream come true. I used to dream of being slim and would wake up so downtrodden. Here it is, the answer to my dreams and the aid i need to help me shift this crap off me and set me free!! Bring on the knife! It's really happening! Surgery date booked! 446871

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's really happening! Surgery date booked!   It's really happening! Surgery date booked! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's really happening! Surgery date booked!
Page 1 of 1