4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 10:57 am

hi All

A bit nervous booked in tomorrow at Greenslopes hospital with Dr Greenslade to have my band removed. Really want it gone but also a bit nervous to say goodbye to it ( sounds silly).
Can anyone give me the run down on what to expect in the next few days, recovery and how soon they could eat NORMAL food. I have only told close family I am getting it out, so how long till I will be able to get around normally , so I don't need to answer many Questions???

Looking forward to Jan 14th 2013 when I will get the sleeve.

thanks in advance Kazz B
Back to top Go down
5M1THY
5M1THY

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 11:09 am

Hi Kazz,

I don't have the band but i am being sleeved tomorrow by Dr Greenslade. All the best for your band removal.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 11:40 am

Hi Kaz,

Haven't has my band removed yet so you'll have to let me know what to expect but I do hear it's a bit more painful for a few days. Drugs I say ! Drugs are your friend.

OMG Smithy

Good luck for tomorrow.
I wonder if you two will pass in the aisles ?

Go team Greenslade !!!!!

Tara
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 11:52 am

Hi Kazz

I had my band removed in June. For me the pain wasn't too bad, mainly shoulder tip pain from the gas and incision pain. Once I got home I only needed some panadol for a day or so. Some people reckon the pain is worse than when they had it put in but I didn't find this.
You will find that your tum is swollen so this will limit the amount you can eat, it will be as if you still have the band. Once the swelling goes down you will then be able to eat more.
I found once the swelling went down that I had some pain as food that I had not chewed properly hurt as it went through my tum.

I did miss my band initially, sounds strange doesn't it. I felt as though I was missing something and realised that I missed the full feeling that it gave me.

Good luck tomorrow, you certainly won't regret having it taken out. I certainly don't and I'm having my sleeve done tomorrow.

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 9:28 pm

Good luck to you both today, look forward to hearing how it all goes for you.

Smithy maybe we will cross paths in the Greenslopes hospital. Good luck.

Thanks for your advice Nicky, I have followed your story and wish you all the best for today.

Many hugs to all the people going into hospital today.

Kazz B xx
Back to top Go down
5M1THY
5M1THY

Male

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptyWed 07 Nov 2012, 11:36 pm

Hey Kazz,

Was just wondering how you went? I am sleeved and very happy with the recovery i have had so far. I am lucky enough to be going home today.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptyWed 07 Nov 2012, 11:52 pm

Hi Smithy

Glad to hear all went well for you. I asked a couple of the nurses if they could pass a message on to you at the hospital but due to privacy laws they could not tell me if you were in the ward.

I went in Monday at approx 5 pm all went well with band removal felt good was up and about that night, got up next morning seen Dr Greenslade he said all went well. I felt great except for the gas pain in my shoulder
( OMG worse they labor pains)so they gave me some pain killers and asked me to stay till lunchtime. Went home Tuesday arvo feeling great just a little pain, cooked dinner ate all good. Just before going to bed I took 2 more painkillers fell asleep, but woke up approx 1am feeling very itchy all over got up felt sick and dizzy, I was having an allergic reaction to the pain killers, back to the emergency ward to spend the night on the drip. Out now getting back to normal so really no prob with the band removal or surgery just the meds. I am now allergic to 2 major pain relief meds so worried about what they will give me in January when I have the sleeve. no I just need to get thru Dec without putting much weight on.

Keep in contact and let me know your progress

Kazz B

Pre Band I was 120.4 kg

Band removal 103 kg
Back to top Go down
5M1THY
5M1THY

Male

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptyThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:55 pm

Hi Kazz,

Wow that was a bit of an effort for your band removal.

Which ward were you in? Do you remember who your nurses were?

I am at home now and it has been a little be tough in terms of when you are full. Last night i had some cordial to drink and thought to myself maybe i shouldn't be able to drink this much then all of a sudden the brakes were on and i was full to the brim.

I am still on fluids until Monday then puree for 3 weeks then i can start solids from there. December 3rd is the big date f when i can attempt solid food. Might be able to eat something normal for Christmas.

Are you eating normal or do you still have some sort of restriction that you had with your band?

Talk to you soon :-)

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow EmptyThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:02 pm

Hi Smithy

Glad your doing well, is it only fluids for 1 week ? I don't know how it works yet, what does Dr G make you do i notice all Dr's are different. Must have been a funny feelling to suddenly feel full.

Band removal was fine all went well I have no restrictions can eat anything now. Just trying to be sensible as I will be running around naked by Christmas if I put on weight, nothing will fit. I got rid of all my bigger size clothes. Hope you continue to improve keep me updated.

Kazz B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow   BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

BYE BYE BAND- get it out tomorrow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: