shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Problem eating mushies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem eating mushies   Problem eating mushies EmptySat 03 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm

hang in there-it will get better and this is probably the hardest phase.It was for me.Id definately think reflux meds may help,my surgeon puts everyone on them for the first few weeks.

shelly
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Problem eating mushies   Problem eating mushies EmptySat 03 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Hi girls

No reflux meds but will ask the doctor on Wednesday.

I managed to get some mashed potato down yesterday but it was pretty watery. Today I have managed oats, but again really sloppy. I will stick to the very, very runny mash and see how I go.

The dietician suggested sloppy scrambled eggs or poached, but I can't bring myself to eat eggs that are not fully cooked.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with the transition,I thought I was doing something wrong and going to hurt myself
Back to top Go down
fairytale

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Problem eating mushies   Problem eating mushies EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:15 pm

Hi Demmilanni

I was sleeved the day after you and I have had problems with Puree's as well for the first 2 days. Yesterday I had a good day and I found if I pureed the food with gravy etc. I still needed to add thin gravy/sauce with each spoonful to help it slide down. It seemed to help and I hardly had that "sit on the chest/tummy brick" experience.

I must admit I was very disappointed when this happened, because I was so happy to get off liquids and was so looking forward to "eating". When the bad experience happened with my first "meal", I was thinking, what the hell have I done to myself.

Hopefully things will improve for you and hopefully we will both have better luck with our food today.

Deb
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Problem eating mushies   Problem eating mushies EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 10:45 pm

Are you on reflux meds? that may help if your not on them?

MAybe water the food down alittle more so it slides down easier and is not as thick.

shelly

Problem eating mushies 217555Problem eating mushies 217555
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Problem eating mushies   Problem eating mushies EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

I am having a real issue with mushies.

No matter how slowly I eat them or how mushy they are, they sit in my chest like a lead balloon. I feel sick and can't breath. It's not a matter of too much as I feel like this after the first mouth full. It takes about an hour for the sensation to go away, normally with a lot of dry retching as well.

Fluids do cause some tummy pain but nothing like mushies.

The dietician has set a meal plan of
Breakfast - weetbix or oats
Morning tea - custard
Lunch - baked beans
Afternoon tea- custard
Dinner - meat and mashed veg

She said to eat to the point of feeling sick, even if I'm not hungry.

Yesterday I managed breakfast of up and go, 1 custard and some baked beans, spread over the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem eating mushies   Problem eating mushies Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem eating mushies
Page 1 of 1