4 posters
AuthorMessage
jenineelise
jenineelise

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days    Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 7:07 am

Hi Janaewa

I still have 46 days until my op, so I'm still excited. I can understand why your nervous. I keep telling myself that no matter what, the outcome is going to be so great.

I hope you let us know how you are goingand what you end up doing about food for the next 2 days.

Jenine
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days    Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 5:27 am

Put your mind at ease and call your surgeons office they are the best people to advise you at this time. Nerves prior to surgery are normal and they see this all the time. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days    Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 3:48 am

Janaewa,

Who is your surgeon? I had my surgery unexpectedly moved up and didn't have 2 weeks to do the full optifast or time to see the dietician for a revised pre-op diet. I had less than a week's notice so I did a condensed 4 day version, and then just clear liquids the day beforehand. Perhaps if you do clear liquids for the last two days it may help. It depends on what you have been having in lieu of the optifast. You really want high protein and very low carb. In my research, I did hear of some overseas surgeons that require 2 days of clear liquids as the pre-diet. Don't know if this is acceptable here though.

The optifast diet requirement serves one to two purposes. The main one is to shrink the liver. They have to flip it up when they operate. This is done by the high protein and low carb aspect of optifast, while still delivering all you vitamins and minerals in a very low calorie diet product. The second is weight loss. Some surgeons like to have a bit of wiggle room. Most surgeons, that I am aware of, do it for the liver.

There have been instances of people who were on the operating table and the surgeon sewed them back up because their liver was too enlarged. Then again, there are some surgeons who don't require any pre-surgery diet. It boils down to surgeon's preferences and presumably the patient's stats. One thing for sure, you don't want to have anything in your stomach for the surgery, so no "food funeral" indulgence the day/night before surgery.
Back to top Go down
Janaewa

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days    Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2012, 1:58 am

Hi I am so nervous my surgery date has come around so fast and it wasnt till I finished work last night that it all hit home and the nerves started, Im failing on the optifast diet and in a really bad place :( anyone else had surgery and didnt follow optifast before hand ? would love any advice or stories thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days    Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Im from Perth and get sleeved in 2 days
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: