AuthorMessage
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Hello - considering gastic sleeving. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello - considering gastic sleeving.   Hello - considering gastic sleeving. EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 9:39 am

Hi bugsy

Welcome, I was much bigger than u, I was 143kg I am 164cm BMI over 60, my experience of the sleeve was great no complications and very little pain. For me it's the best decision I have ever made. But your in a tough financial position. I hope u find a way to look after yourself and your family good luck with your decision take care x.
Back to top Go down
minime1967

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello - considering gastic sleeving.   Hello - considering gastic sleeving. EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 8:57 am

Hi Bugsy

Have you considered looking into using your Super to pay for you surgery? Just a thought....

There are topics in here that might answer some of your questions
Back to top Go down
Bugsy

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-22

PostSubject: Hello - considering gastic sleeving.   Hello - considering gastic sleeving. EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 7:57 am

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lisa, 41 year old married mum of one incredible 5 year old boy who we finally managed to conceive via ivf after 3 heartbreaking miscarriages. I am very overweight for my height - 114kgs at the moment, and I am only 149cms tall. This gives me a BMI of about 51. I recently went to see Dr Sharon Marks at Monash hospital (Melbourne) and she gave me a few things to try - she prescribed an antidepressant (apparently that is supposed to help somehow), and asked me to try her bircher muesli recipe (omg I have never tasted anything so bad, but I am persevering). She wants me to consider doing Optifast as well. She also sent me for sleep study (which i failed miserably but not sure of the full results until i see her again on the 7th November. (technician said there was significant obstruction of airways and it was "extreme", so didn't sound good)) - However Dr Marks thinks none of these things are going to have a signficant impact, not as much as I really need it to do.

She suggests that either gastic sleeving or gastric bypass is really what is going to make the difference for me, but I will admit I am terrified of either of these options.

my biggest concern is that I seem to be a lot bigger than most of the people here when they had their gastic sleeving done. I am the sole wage earner in our house and with my husband not working we are only just scraping by with mortgage repayments and bills. If i am off work for a long period of time with complications or something then we are likely to lose our house. But on the other hand, if I don't do something drastic now, I am not going to be around to see my son grow up. I would also love another child but that is just out of the question when I am so big.

Sorry I have probably gone on way too long. I just wanted to say Hi and hope it is okay if I look around to help me make an informed choice about whether I do the surgery or not and which one I do.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello - considering gastic sleeving.   Hello - considering gastic sleeving. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello - considering gastic sleeving.
Page 1 of 1