dooben
22 posters
AuthorMessage
mojot

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Food you can't eat after sleeve... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 4:41 am

I am just over 3 months out and can eat anything. Just need to be watchful of the quantities. I do worry I still eat too much (not near as much as I use to) but I still lose weight so dont know!
Am off to see the dietician in 2 weeks to check.

Good luck. I only got super ill from dairy once and then was fine after. I did feel grosse after a bite of HJ's the other day but i normally dont eat that stuff pre-op.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

I can not eat half a chocolate cupcake with thick gooey icing on top, as I learned the hard way today - I was a sweating mess. Then someone tried to offer me half a vanilla one and I almost ran away!! Wow have things changed :-)

Woolworth hot chickens are way too oily. One bite into the leg and I was sick. Also anything too spicy like Indian food or even Nandos.

My favourite naughty snack now is almond and apricot cheese smeared on a corn cruskit mmm heaven!
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 5:14 am

I have foods I need to be careful with... things I shouldn't eat unless I'm at home and have quick and easy access to a toilet just in case. Keep in mind I also have no gallbladder, so I can't process fats too easily anyway.

KFC = spew (good, really, since it's so bad for you!)
Overly creamy foods SOMETIMES = spew
Pastry = dumping and spewing, if I have more than about a mouthful.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 9:47 am

No issues really with anything. Went through all the normal stages at the start of not being able to eat too oily, too sweet, too dry etc. but all good now.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyThu 03 Jan 2013, 4:13 am

I love ryvitas and Vita-weats.
Back to top Go down
Tsarina
Tsarina

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 1:09 pm

I can no longer stomach espresso coffee and anything too sweet makes me feel ill after a small bite (so lollies, pav and stuff like that are out - which is a good thing!). I can only eat a couple of forks of pasta (maybe a third of a cup) as any more than that and it comes straight back up and out! I also still prefer water with diet cordial in it to straight water. For some reason I have an aversion to any sort of bread; I can eat it, just really dont want to, which is odd as I loved my fresh white bread (with anything) pre sleeve - my main carb intake is from Vita Wheat Lunch slices and Cruskits. Apart from that, I can eat everything else.
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 11:32 am

Anything too oily or too sweet makes me feel sick.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 6:42 am

Ditto, i can eat it all!
Back to top Go down
SassyGrrl
SassyGrrl

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 30 Dec 2012, 12:12 pm

Unfortunatly ... I can eat anything D'oh
Back to top Go down
bella12
bella12

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 9:03 am

Havent had any major dramas with any food, drink i used to drink Pepsi Max but cant tolerate now it just sits and bubbles bit of pain..Am now 5 months out..Had my first bit of steak tonite since op felt a little heavy but no pain..
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 7:15 am

Ice cream kills my belly as does milk,meat i have to have gravy and meat has to be soft or it feels stuck.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 5:45 am

Meat, chicken, etc you need to eat with sauces or gravy, its too dry alone in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 3:19 am

4 weeks out and i cant tolerate icecream or Opti, both make me quite ill. Red meat is still an issue as it feels like it gets stuck, same with dry chicken. moist chicken, fish and eggs all go down well, i eat a lot of cottage cheese lol
Back to top Go down
HEM
HEM

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 10 Oct 2012, 8:13 am

Can't do milk... but couldn't before hand, so no change. Even now 8mths later don't like plain water till after 8pm ish each day. I drink my water with Benefibre & lemon/lime juice. For some reason after dinner I can drink plain water and warm is better. I drink lots of herbal tea. Can't do fizzy drinks either, about 1 mouthful and I feel full and bubbly - so I stay away from them.

Not so chocolate crazy, I like it but don't seem to go nuts over it like pre-sleeve. Fatty foods in general don't agree with me - KFC is the worst. I had my gallbladder out 4 yrs ago and that put a holt to some fat but it's got worse since the sleeve.

Anything tough or dry is disagreeable. Gravy or sauce makes meat alot easier to handle. Even dry/old bread doesn't go down well - not that I'm a bread person. (Am currently playing around with spelt and Gluten free stuff).

But it appears everyone is different and it's about finding what works best for you.
Back to top Go down
jess86

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptyWed 10 Oct 2012, 7:04 am

I can eat pretty much anything, except custard now for some reason (no pudding and custard for Chrissy it look lol). But other than that really happy with my sleeve :)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 9:54 pm

for me water needs to be on the cool to cold side. sometimes i add abit of flavour if I am feeling blah with it. I think I have issues with milk too, can't do full cream or creamy style milks, so dont like drinkin upngos, protein drinks made from water. Can drink skim and lactose free so make protein shakes with that.

Meat wise mainly chicken at the mo with abit of mince whatever type. If red meat it has to be very thin and tender.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 8:59 pm

I can eat and drink anything and have done so since the beginning, no issues with water either.
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 11:38 am

Thanks everyone, this is really interesting. I read someone else mention not tolerating water very well. I wonder what it is about water that makes the tum feel sick. Interesting.

Cheese stringers...lol I've never tried those! Might have to make a trip to Aldi.... :)
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 10:57 am

The only thing I have had difficulty with is a maccas soft serve 50 cent cone... I can only do a quarter of one as if feels like my belly is full of air and its uncomfortable.

Fizzy is ok as long as I put ice in it and let it go flat.

I can eat salads which I loooove and now have a particulare zen for sauteed fresh mushrooms, aldi cheese stringer sticks and peanut butter.

Once it used to be chips and chocolate, so not a bad trade off.

I eat out a lot and its easy....especially after a band. Now I order what ever I want and eat what I can off the plate and have the rest put in a doggy bag...or I order an entree.

Milk is the only thing I have issue with now but then I had a bit of an issue with it prior to the sleeve so its no biggie for me to be honest.

i love , love, love that I can eat steak and salad all be it small portions but I have to say the small portion makes me belly happy like a big rump and a huge plate of salad.
Back to top Go down
Torigirl
Torigirl

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 6:41 am

sammy23 wrote:
I havent found anything i cant eat yet.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 5:47 am

I can eat anything and I drink coke zero. Basically I have to try and stay away from chocolate and carbs like bread because I just crave it and then go silly eating to much of it.When I eat protien as we are supposed to, I always feel full as it sits in the stomach alot longer.

shelly
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 5:16 am

Hi Debs,

I've had pretty minimal dramas with any foods since the sleeve (now 7 months out). I am now lactose intolerant post sleeve but that doesn't really bother me too much as I never liked milk much anyway.

I have more dramas with fluids moreso than foods. I'm just starting to drink water again after not being able to tolerate it for 7 months, every sip made me nauseous. Now I am starting to tolerate it a little better, as long as I've eaten something first and it's not going down on an empty stomach.

Anything fizzy is a complete 'no go' which doesn't bother me either (but choices are getting limited!) One mouthful of soft drink and it feels like the gas gets caught in my chest and it hurts. Yet alchohol bubbles are fine! Go figure...

Unfortunately I still crave the things I shouldn't have, like chocolate, and it goes down pretty easy! But I have no interest in anything fried or greasy, and after staying away from most carbs for months like pastas, breads, rice, potatoes - I now find I always push them aside and don't eat them without even thinking about it.

Other than that my tastes haven't changed a whole lot, which means I have to still rely heavily on the will power which sucks! Everyone is different though, that's my story.

Good luck on your sleeve journey!

Hayley
Back to top Go down
sammy23
Part of the furniture
sammy23

Female
Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2011-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 5:16 am

I havent found anything i cant eat yet.
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 2:41 am

So far I can eat and drink anything, nothing seems to be an issue thank god! It's a funny feeling only eating small portions and feeling full.

I can drink water no worries at all and milk seems fine too, I don't drink alcohol so haven't tried that and probably won't.

Good luck with your journey when you get done.

cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... EmptySun 07 Oct 2012, 1:21 am

Hi, i'm yet to be sleeved...still need to get rid of the horrible band, but i was wondering for those that have been sleeved if there are any foods you can't eat now, that you used to eat before the sleeve. ie...you used to love icecream or eggs or grapes or fried chicken or tomatoes or chocolate or whatever...and now you can't stomach it.

Is this because of food intolerance? Is it because it makes you feel sick now? Is it because you just don't crave it anymore? Is it because it makes you vomit? Is it because the sleeve just says 'i can't tolerate you anymore' or ....whatever other reason you may have?

Just curious to know how our favourite foods stack up against the sleeve.

Also if there were any foods you previously didn't like, but now with the sleeve, you suddenly love? I've been reading through lots of post to try and learn as much as possible about the sleeve and you are all so inspiring.

Thanks so much

debs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food you can't eat after sleeve...   Food you can't eat after sleeve... Empty

Back to top Go down

Food you can't eat after sleeve...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: