Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

family meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: family meals   family meals EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 7:35 am

I eat what ever they eat but cut the carbs out of it and serve up a smaller...much much smaller portion for me.

The bonus for the family is that now I tend to dish them up a bit less too cos everything looks too much on a plate so they are eating a little less too
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

family meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: family meals   family meals EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 5:45 am

Ive been sleeved almost 12 months. I rarely eat rice or pasta anymore. I will cook one rice meal, and one pasta meal each fortnight or so for my two kids and husband, but ive made the healthier switch to wholemeal pasta and brown rice, and my kids havent complained. In general, we tend to eat a high protein meal each night with a big bowl of salad veges in the middle of the table. So I'd say that having a sleeve has encouraged me to prepare healthier meals for my family, even small changes make a difference.

I still buy snacks for the kids, but try and keep to things a 'little' healthier, like JJ's, popcorn, pretzels, etc. Not to say that we dont eat chocolate and chips, because they are in the house sometimes too.

Oh, and times where I make a meal thats not terribly healthy for me, like schnitzels, I'll have a small tin of tuna or some ham with crackers. I find its really easy to find a meal for myself now as I eat so little. You'll be fine. A few small adjustments, and you'll get into the swing of it all if you decide to have a sleeve :)
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

family meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: family meals   family meals EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm

I have what my husband has most nights,just use my portion plate to get my amount right,its really trial and error with everything,it just takes time to get it right.
Back to top Go down
Fittru

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-08-12

family meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: family meals   family meals EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 5:13 am

I made the decision before my surgery that as supportive as they are, this was my issue not hubby and kids so I don't change my usual meals at all.
At 4 weeks post op, I cook my usual meal and then adjust what I am having from there. Maybe take meat out before sauce in or change up a veg or 2.
I am really lucky that my recovery has been quite speedy and already my dietician has moved me through to normal food. My body quickly tells me what it does not like. ie rice.
I am finding the snacking issue a bit trickier though. Some things just can not come in to the house, others I make them eat at the shops if they insist on having it.
Try whatever suits and be prepared to change if it doesn't work for your life.
Hope that helps. xx
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

family meals Empty
PostSubject: family meals   family meals EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 4:57 am

For those of you with children or partners how did you adjust the family cooking so that the meals suited your weight loss as well as keeping every one happy.

My dh is overweight too (heavier than me) but @ this stage isn't interested in sleeving him self but supports me if I decide to go ahead.

My concern is feeding the family.

Did you change the normal meals much? Did you stop buying kids snacks so that you didnt eat them?

tia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

family meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: family meals   family meals Empty

Back to top Go down

family meals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: