shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Sleeve success story Zoe Myers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeve success story Zoe Myers   Sleeve success story Zoe Myers EmptyFri 28 Sep 2012, 6:39 am

thanks Zoe-I only added this section yesterday as there is no specific section to members,especially new ones,to find out about peopel who have had success with the sleeve and elaborate on thier journey

can you add in you pre op weight and current weight and maybe what you ate before the op to what youd eat in a day now and anything you do now that you didnt pre op etc- if you can

cheers

shelly
Back to top Go down

Sleeve success story Zoe Myers Empty
PostSubject: Sleeve success story Zoe Myers   Sleeve success story Zoe Myers EmptyFri 28 Sep 2012, 5:29 am

I have not visited this site for a while, so I am not sure if no one has posted yet in this topic or if I just do not know how to read previous posts. I know there is the long-term topic thread, where folks who have been sleeved for more than a year can post.

I got my sleeve on May 10, 2010. As an American, there was very little time allowed in the hospital, so I am grateful I did not have any post-op complications. I was surprised at how long it took to get back to full strength and operating level. Suddenly not being able to eat solid food was a shock, even with the pre-op diet where I ate only odd packaged food that had no bulk (part of the pre-op work up).

I did not 'work my sleeve' single mindedly. I did lose the weight down to what my MD predicted, but have not achieved waif-like thinness. I think about it, but right now with the work load and constant grading of papers and tests (I am a teacher) I do not have the mental will to go further.

Maintaining has not been hard. Part is I just cannot eat as much. A big part is that I eat protein first, and that stops me from eating more at that session. I weigh every day, so I am not fooling myself.

I still eat out, but order small plates. Once in a while I regret not being able to eat more because the taste is so good. I have finally relaxed being a clothes horse. I bought so much stuff at Goodwill while I was losing because it was so different and fun! I seem to have calmed down somewhat in the clothing area.

I am looking to see what the post-five year experiences are. I chose this over a band or a bypass to preserve the normal functioning of the stomach. Right now I have not experienced a larger capacity from the one year mark. Frankly, it really hurts to overeat, and I do not like the stomach ache. I hope that does not change.

This is more a report than a success story. The surgery was successful, and I am enjoying my new (really my old, as in the shape I was in in my 20s) shape. I would not have gotten here without the sleeve.

I have really relied on this forum for information and support. I live in a rural area, so even though my MD had support groups scheduled, I could not get to them. When I had my check-ups, and the form asked for support groups, I always listed this site.

Best,

Zoe
Back to top Go down

Sleeve success story Zoe Myers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Sleeve success stories-
Jump to: