7 posters
AuthorMessage
PrettyInPink

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-31

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013, 1:59 pm

I totally missed one of our tradies flirting with me. I thought he was being friendly but my 18yr old daughter thought it was flirty. Turns out she was right, his text to me later said "you know you turn me on, right?" He also said he thought I has a smoking hot body. Put me into a tail spin as I was 2 week pre-sleeve. Nice to know there are guys out there for every woman. :)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm

I agree, don't worry about him now, it's a busy time of year anyway. If you see him again next year and he still gives you butterflies then think about whether you want to see if he's a guy you'll want to date. For now enjoy the festive season and keep flirting
Back to top Go down
Renshen

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-11-26

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 9:50 pm

I would just forget him now I think. If he hasn't made moves its his loss! The phrase "plenty more fish in the sea" springs to mind :)
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 11:27 pm

I'm not FB friends with him, though I've found who I assume to be him on FB.

Off topic...what a difference losing weight makes to getting better customer service. Funny how I'm treated differently now than when I was 70+lb heavier. I'm still the same person you know.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 6:16 am

you'd only be stalkish if you were texting him everyday or more and weren't in a relationship. The good thing about texting/email is you don't sound scared or nervous, yes you don't have an immediate response but then it's in their court and then A) if he never gets back to you he's either an ahole or something terribles happened or B) he's thinking that's nice I'll get back to her when I'm free (if you don't get an immediate message back). Also, never take it personally, it's not about you.

Don't believe the crap about 'the 3 day rule', 'if he's not into he won't chase & if he is into you he'll chase'. All guys are different! Some are mega shy and unless you ask them you'll never get a date. Some chase and end up being not very good in relationships. I have a friend who thinks I should give up on this guy (actually I have a few), if I didn't understand men more than I use to I would have.

My friends hubby chased her (he is a nice guy) and then because she was worried she'd never get married, they got married. He hasn't been really supportive and they have alot of troubles, so when I look at her I think I am not taking advice from her. I actually have friends who settled and aren't happy or are divorced. Never settle just because you are scared. I was 30 when I got married and I had made some mistakes with guys, put up with stuff I shouldn't have but lucky I would snap out of it. I never settled and my hubby knew he couldn't get better (his words, he used to quote Paul Newman "why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home", something like that. Eric treated me like gold, yes, we had problems but it was well worth the wait. (Yes I have waffled on haven't I)

Are you friends on fb? if so send him a Christmas message on his wall just before Christmas.

(did you look at that website?)
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 5:16 am

I don't have his number.

I'd be too scared to anyway, don't want to seem stalkerish.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 5:13 am

don't stress Nessa, don't take it personally who knows why he hasn't been in touch. Send him a merry christmas message just before, just say have a great hol etc, nothing mushy though just like any other friend
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 1:58 am

No, so I guess it was only a one way thing :(
Back to top Go down
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 1:56 am

Has he tried to make any contact with u
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 1:40 am

So he hasn't been in for a few weeks. I'm hoping he returns next year.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySun 09 Dec 2012, 6:55 am

how about role play? one thing I liked about being married was not having to worry about whether a guy was interested or not lol
Back to top Go down
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySun 09 Dec 2012, 6:27 am

hey lin..
Iv been married now for 3 years... i always flirt with hubby but its not the same in my eyes. i think i miss the whole does or doesnt he like me thing and the investigating and the getting to know stage.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySun 09 Dec 2012, 3:05 am

Chrissy - how long have you been married? How is the flirting with hubby? I'm not sure but it might be time to up the ante with flirting with hubby. Maybe start texting fun, suggestive and teasing texts if you aren't already. And there's nothing wrong with friendly flirting either, just being extra nice to sales people, people who open doors for you etc. I am making an effort to use peoples names when I am shopping, it makes them feel good and isn;t that what flirting is about.
Back to top Go down
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySat 08 Dec 2012, 12:51 pm

Im the Queen of flirting...

Gretchin.. If you really like guy A then there is no harm in you doing what you can to get to know him a bit better. Im not to sure about how close you are to eachother but if you have his number message him .. " this is what i did.. now im married to the guy" use something simple. " Work is really really boring .. kill me now" just to get a conversation started. Just make sure there is no girlfriend in the picture.

Guy B. I agree, go and have fun.. you never know he might grow on you.

God i miss flirting.. I used to get a BIG kick out of it lol
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySat 08 Dec 2012, 5:59 am

http://www.relationshipheadquarters.com/

check this site by Bob Grant. I really like his advice coming from a male perspective and also as a relationship counsellor.

Even though you aren't interested in Guy B I'd go. You never know as you find out more about him there might be a spark, at the least you make a great male friend. There is no pressure that it's a date or that you have to become a couple. Have fun.

Guy A, just get to know him and start practicing flirting.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Flirt-With-Men&id=415425

http://www.wikihow.com/Flirt-with-a-Guy
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySat 08 Dec 2012, 3:09 am

Wow girls this is definitely my thread! haha I've never had a boyfriend nothing like that, never experienced the flirting what so ever - appears as though I may not be the only late bloomer...
Need your advise girls!
Ok so here we have guy A (whom I like)
and guy B (who is an absolutely lovely guy but I have no interest in him what so ever more than friends)

Ok so guy A doesn't have much of a role in this.. basically these two guys happen to go to the same dance classes as I do (to ball room dance classes).
and I really really like guy A but well nothing as of yet, but I'm working on it!
any who.. guy B also happens to be studying the same uni subject as me so we've had very minor contact with each other (only found out he did the same subject after starting dancing) so guy B added me on facebook about a month ago (and I added guy A not too long ago as well)
so I talk to guy B at dancing about our uni subjects and have occasionally talked to him on facebook about it briefly. Guy B is absolutely lovely and I'd love to have him as a friend but as I said earlier there is not even an ounce of interest from me.

So here's how it goes.
I noticed at dance that he'd been smiling at me quite a lot (but I just assumed it was his personality, he's a genuinely happy guy)
so I thought that was all normal. he occasionally brought this girl with him to dance and once a guy came with this girl too but I kind of assumed Guy B was dating this girl or he wanted to or something (still not sure on that one)
and so two days ago I get a facebook message from him along the lines of "I need to buy my sister a christmas present and was wondering if you wanted to come with me"
so I know for a fact that he has plenty of female friends he could've asked to do this with and seriously we aren't all that close as friends at all we only have brief conversations... my friends all seemed to think this was basically an indication that he liked me and going shopping was his excuse.....
I've never experienced this kind of thing before so would like everyones opinions please!!
and let me repeat myself - I am not interested at all full stop haha
Thanks,
Gretch.
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 7:43 am

I know exactly how you feel Nessa I've never had the flirting ---how the heck does that work and how do you tell! eep sorry I can't be of assistance either :(

Even more of a bummer to hear that he has finished up for the year however maybe take this time to do some more transforming for the new year and as a resolution make it one of your goals/quests to flirt with him/ask him out (that is if you don't find mr smells awesome in the mean time lolz) in the new year; it'snot too far away now!

Great smelling men are hot ...just like a nice rumbling muscle car ...imagine if you put the two together....I would be a puddle of goo! 'swoon'
Back to top Go down

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting EmptySun 23 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

Aww thats sweet :)

Maybe tell us whats going on that makes you think it's flirting and not just normal "friendly" conversation? It CAN be really hard to tell... I had a guy trying to get me to "go for coffee" and I didn't realise he was *interested* in me. LOL. Too funny.

Maybe try not to read too much into it and just enjoy it for what it is. If he's flirting he'll ask you out eventually, otherwise maybe suggest a movie you've been wanting to see as in "Have you seen "movie" yet?" and then say you've been wanting to see it but not sure if it was as good as it sounds. Then he has a perfect opportunity to ask you to go with him if he's interested :)
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Flirting   Flirting EmptySun 23 Sep 2012, 9:06 am

Excuse me if I sound, is the word naive?

I think someone is flirting with me and I back.....but I don't know if it's flirting.

Help!

No one has ever taken an interest in me, so not sure if he's just being friendly or...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flirting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flirting   Flirting Empty

Back to top Go down

Flirting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: