5 posters
AuthorMessage
hopeful1006

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 7:32 am

That;s no good! Have you thought about contacting the hospital? I know when my husband had it he was told that if he had any concerns he could contact the hospital and they would contact the surgeon or equivalent- it is good peace of mind. I hope you are feeling better. 3 weeks post op is still relatively early. Take care.

I am looking forward to it!

A
Back to top Go down
PoisonLilly
PoisonLilly

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyWed 02 Jan 2013, 6:38 am

Hi Hopeful!

A little bit sore today! 3 weeks post op, and I had tried a bit of chicken in with my pureed vege..obviously hasn't played nice and have vomited. Did notice a little bit of blood in my vomit, freaking out a little and can't contact my surgeon (he's on holidays til mid Jan). Not too sure what to do? :/

Goodluck with your upcoming surgery! :)
Back to top Go down
hopeful1006

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyTue 01 Jan 2013, 7:05 am

Hi PoisonLilly, just wondering how you were travelling? I hope you are feeling better now! All the best. I am getting the sleeve after having the band taken out 6 weeks ago- sleeve date 16 Jan 2013...can't wait.
Back to top Go down
PoisonLilly
PoisonLilly

Female

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 12:43 am

Thanks MissMelly!

Well, I've had my sleeve surgery on the 13th Dec 2012. One week post op, feeling great so far! :)
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:19 pm

Hi poison Lilly

Well done on starting this journey, I just wanted to share that I too have PCOS and insulin resistance (pre diabetes) and have been on medication for over 7 years I am now 6mths out from my sleeve and have now lost 36kg and no longer take any medication, I exercise regularly I eat healthily and I feel great, I am sure this will be be the case for you also.

Good luck
Melissa
Back to top Go down
PoisonLilly
PoisonLilly

Female

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Thanks Lizzie & Mislis!

Dr Werepitiya is my surgeon. Not sure of the surgery date yet I do know that after my 6 week Optifast Regime he will give me my date at that next appointment. He did say it will be a couple of weeks - month after I come off Optifast though. Really looking forward to it! :)
Back to top Go down
Mislis
Mislis

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-09-03

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 10:44 am

Hi PoisonLilly welcome Hi all! 355206 very exciting what date at you due to be sleeved and who is your surgeon?
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

Hi Poisonlily and welcome to the forum. I was sleeved on 17th August and so far so good.
I must admit I never ever considered lap band and after some of the stories I have read on here I am so glad I made that choice.
I did lots of reading on the sleeve and then talked to my sister and a friend who had the procedure back in 2010 with tremendous results.
I have fought a constant battle with obesity ever since I can remember and after turning 60 in June I decided enough was enough and took action.
There is lots of information on here and if you have any questions I am sure you will find someone on here who will be able to help you with an answer.
Best of luck with your journey.
Liz :)))
Back to top Go down
PoisonLilly
PoisonLilly

Female

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Hi all!   Hi all! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 9:22 am

Hello!

New to the forums - my nutritionist suggested I look online for support groups, as I don't know anyone else personally having the proceedure!

I've seen my Dr twice now, I originally was going to have the lapband done as a public patient. In the meantime waiting though, I've now got full PHI and have since gone back to see the surgeon we've changed to having Gastric Sleeve and done privately. As I still need to lose 10kg before surgery, and I'm about to go on 4 week holiday he sent me to the nutritionist for a 6 week Optifast Regime.

I also have chronic polycystic ovarian syndrome, and unfortunately for my age - because I'm too young they refuse to do a full hysto thus my adventure in Gastric Sleeve Surgery to help fight the constant weight gain that polycystic gives and eliminate type 2 diabetes due to polycystic.

Between the first time I've seen him, and then again 6 months later I've
lost 19kg without being on Optifast or anything else - apart from LOTS
of exercise. It's extremely hard work and feels like I'm going to have a
heart attack when I push myself too much but in the end will be so
worth it for me. The nutritionist and the surgeon are pleased that I refuse to let polycystic run my life and to continue whatever I'm doing for now, and after I'm well enough post surgery!

Looking forward to sharing my GS adventures. :)
Week one, of my Optifast Regime almost over!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Hi all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: