Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!

Go down 
+4
take2
Teeli
~Trishah~
wikketts
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chap25

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-04

How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

I'm seeing him on the 17th too!! Lol. I live in st Kilda now but was originally from down that way :)as my surgery was a revision the band cost me nothing to have removed and then I paid for gas man and assistant for sleeve. And the 250 gap fee for hospital stays with my private health cover. Cause ur not originally drapers patient it maybe a different story for you?! Guess u will find out in a couple of weeks. Maybe better off going to ur original surgeon financially. Wait and see what both say. U are making the right decision getting that band out of you though. Lol. I also waited three months between the two ops. I had scarring on my stomach from the band and draper double stitched that area. :) I think three months is fairly standard
Back to top Go down
one_elle26
one_elle26

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Hi again   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 12:04 pm

I must have got lucky, I rang his rooms yesterday and got an appointment for 17th October, maybe it's a sign that I need to have surgery reasonably soon. Is it standard procedure to remove the band and have to wait 8-10 weeks to have the 'sleeve' surgery? I had my band replaced in 2008 and I really wanted to have the sleeve done then instead of another band, but Stephen Blamey talked me out of it, and now it seems that it is becoming more popular than the band. It's good to hear that Dr Draper is approachable and I am a really straight shooter and don't tolerate 'fluffy' people very well. Were you out of pocket very much, if you don't mind me asking? And, yes Peninsula has been open for about 2 weeks apparently and the doctor I saw yesterday who suggested I look into having the 'sleeve' done thinks that Dr Draper is doing his surgery there now. Do you live somewhere near Frankston, it would be good to have a 'buddy close by? anyway, you probably need to get off to bed, to prepare for your big day tomorrow, so thank you for taking time out tonight to chat with me, you have really reassured me that I am on the right track.
Once again, I hope all goes well tomorrow. How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! 217555 one_elle

Chap25 wrote:
Dr draper is my surgeon. He banded me six years ago. He tells u straight no bull shit. And can joke around with him. He is very busy though and u wait for ages to see him, his always behind :(
I got debanded in march and was sleeved in July. He asked if I couldn't be sleeved did he have permission to do a bypass. I said no. I just don't want to go that far yet, the sleeve is working for me and wish it was around six years ago. It probably was but I didn't know about it. Haha
Another patient of drapers and a friend of mine suggested the sleeve. I was putting off seeing draper again cause I knew my band had slipped and he wanted me to fix it. Once my friend told me about his successful sleeve and I did some research, I saw draper and was booked in for my band removal 2 weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:52 am

Oh and I had to go to box hill. Pennisula should be ready by now though :)
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:51 am

Dr draper is my surgeon. He banded me six years ago. He tells u straight no bull shit. And can joke around with him. He is very busy though and u wait for ages to see him, his always behind :(
I got debanded in march and was sleeved in July. He asked if I couldn't be sleeved did he have permission to do a bypass. I said no. I just don't want to go that far yet, the sleeve is working for me and wish it was around six years ago. It probably was but I didn't know about it. Haha
Another patient of drapers and a friend of mine suggested the sleeve. I was putting off seeing draper again cause I knew my band had slipped and he wanted me to fix it. Once my friend told me about his successful sleeve and I did some research, I saw draper and was booked in for my band removal 2 weeks later.
Back to top Go down
one_elle26
one_elle26

Female

PostSubject: Thanks fpr your reply   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:10 am

Thanks for replying, my bands were done by Stephen Blamey, but his rooms are miles away from Mornington, so I am seeing Dr Draper on 17th and then Stephen on the 26th (great way to spend my Birthday sitting in his waiting room How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! 68366 ). I have known Stephen for over 30 years and he is an excellent surgeon and his 'off hand' attitude doesn't really bother me (I just blow rasberries at him and tell him not to be so cold!!!!!!!!! How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! 314562 ) but I am also going to see Dr Draper because he does have an excellent reputation and he is in Frankston. Is DR Draper your surgeon too? Are you having your surgery at Peninsula Private or at Box Hill? Why did you decide on a 'bypass' instead of a 'sleeve'? one_elle

Chap25 wrote:
Welcome Elle. Is ur surgeon dr draper? Being down mornington way I just assumed lol.
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 10:33 am

Welcome Elle. Is ur surgeon dr draper? Being down mornington way I just assumed lol.
Back to top Go down
one_elle26
one_elle26

Female

PostSubject: Good Luck for Tomorrow.   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyWed 03 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

I have just joined this site in the last hour. I hope all goes well tomorrow. I have been 'banded' since 2003 with virtually no weight loss and am now considering my other options. Your story inspires me to stick with my 'gut feeling' (no pun intended How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! 65317 ) and explore having the 'Bypass' instead of the 'sleeve'. I am in Mornington Victoria, where are you located?

Once again, I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.
How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! 217555 One_elle26

wikketts wrote:
Hi everyone

I read in some posts that after having Lapband removal & then later having the sleeve, ex bandits lose weight at a much slower rate. How many people does this affect or is is only some people?? or is it because of some damage done by the Band, ie puckers & gathers, or simple because we have been eating next to nothing for years & our bodies appear to be happy at a certain weight. Just wondering !!!

I hope you don't get annoyed at the 20 Qs... Thank you all for all your support. Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

In the six years with my band I lost a total of 40kgs. In the past two years I gained around 4-5kg's
Band out in march I packed on 12
Since my sleeve in July I've lost 15. I Am now back at the weight I sat steady on for some time with the band. Too get down to my lightest band weight and lighter is taking a lot if effort!!! Lol. My body is used of sitting at my current weight of 74!! The next 9 is going to be a challenge I think??!!
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 9:03 am

Hi dooben

My weight loss 2009 - 2011 with the band 23 kgs (that was so much hard work). Sleeved 20th March loss 13.1 kg to date

Starting weight 106 kgs - 36.1 kgs = Grand total loss = 36.1 kgs = 72 kgs.

Surgeon told me that all ex bandits will slowly chip away at the weight loss, and that's all I have done. Had a few good losses after Sleeve Surgery, then its snails pace.

It is so worth it. Would never ever recommend the Band to anyone.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE

VAL

Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

I'm interested in this too. I still have my band but want it GONE. Now i've made the decision i want to go to the sleeve i'm just in a big rush to get it out of me and stop the vomiting and indigestion etc... I've only lost maybe 20kgs with the band in two years but haven't lost anymore for a long time....most of that loss was in the first 6 -9 months or so, so ive' just stagnated now for over a year and am starting to gain.

Would love to hear how others transitions from band to sleeve have gone with regards to these questions.
Back to top Go down
take2

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptySun 30 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Hey Vicki,

Thought I'd share whats happened for me since being sleeved on the 11th Sept. It is early days yet but I am suprised that my body has responded so well to the sleeve. I had my band for just on 4 yrs and my weight loss had stalled. I had a severe slip with my band and had to have it removed in July.

I was banded in June 2008 and had my band removed in July 2012 I lost about 16kgs with the band. I was sleeved nearly 3 weeks ago and was required to do the optifast stage again. Since starting Optifast I've lost 11.3 kgs in total from 27.08.2012 to 30.09.2012. I'm still in shock and thought it would be alot slower. Things have started to slow down now though. My team have said there is no reason why I can't loose all of my excess weight, provided I follow my dieticians recommendations and I exercise.

So far so good. Fingers crossed I have a steady loss of at least half a kg per week. I'll be happy with that.

I am really happy with what I can eat and there is no pain .... woo hoo! I'm not PBing everything seems like a normal tummy just alot smaller.

Good luck with your journey and I hope this helps.

L x
Back to top Go down
Teeli

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

Vicki- I had that same question too! Thanks for asking it for me! ROTFL.

p.s. did my reply to your pm arrive? I am not sure if I got it right.......
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

My Doc explained that because my metabolism was already smart to smaller amounts of food ( starvation type thing) That it will be a bit slower. Also being at a lower end BMI makes for a slower loss.

Dont let it depress you though Wicketts because the weight will come off it just might... and I say might because not everything is cut and dry, not be the dramatic post surgery losses you will see in your virgin sleever counterparts.

I have found that though the loss has been slower than most others it was far more pleasant than it ever was with the band so I really dont mind at all.
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 10:32 am

Hi everyone

I read in some posts that after having Lapband removal & then later having the sleeve, ex bandits lose weight at a much slower rate. How many people does this affect or is is only some people?? or is it because of some damage done by the Band, ie puckers & gathers, or simple because we have been eating next to nothing for years & our bodies appear to be happy at a certain weight. Just wondering !!!

I hope you don't get annoyed at the 20 Qs... Thank you all for all your support. Vicki :)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!   How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

How much weight did you lose after Band to Sleeve !!!
Page 1 of 1