margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 10:49 pm

I self funded my op, $9033 all up got $250 back from Medicare.That covered me for everything.
Back to top Go down
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyMon 17 Sep 2012, 7:35 am

I was out of pocket about $5000 and got back about $1000 from Medicare. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
kaznkidz

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Hi, thanks :) Yep, i know about super, but unfortunately dont really have any to access :P With 7 kids over the last 18 years i havent really worked that many years, lol

I have the funds to pay for it in the bank account, but my partner is a bit :/ at the price :(
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012, 10:14 am

Hi kaznkidz,

If you contact your surgeon and gas man etc, they will give you the Medicare item numbers that they are charging you for and then you can check with Medicare and health fund.

You do know about accessing your super to pay the cost???
Back to top Go down
kaznkidz

Female

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012, 9:22 am

Back to top Go down
Katie1975

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-06-16

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012, 8:38 am

If you quote the code to Medicare and your health fund they will tell u how much u will get back.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012, 8:24 am

Kaznkidz,

I know I got about $700 back from Medicare for my Band surgery so I'm sure there will be some back for Sleeving.
Why don't you call Medicare and ask.

Tara
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 12:10 pm

Hi,

I am in Brisbane and my surgeon is charging $3500 with medicare rebate still to come of that and the anaesthetist is $1400.00 with medicare rebate still to come off that amount.

My surgeon is taking my gallbladder out at the same time but he is bulk billing that and that is why the anaesthetist is a bit more than he usually charges.

I am going to greenslopes private hospital and have a nil excess and high coverage so there are no other out of pocket expenses.

You are wise to shop around for price and check the quality of the surgeon you are using.

Good luck!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Tubstar

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 12:10 pm

My out of pocket is $2400 plus $500 for gas man. My health fund don't charge hospital stay. I'm in Adelaide.
Back to top Go down
Aunty_D

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 11:52 am

My out of pocket is $4950 + $500 hospital excess in Sydney so sounds about right..

You can claim the 20% back on your tax after a certain amount as well...
Back to top Go down
clairedebear
Part of the furniture
clairedebear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

Hi kaznkidz,

That sounds about right! I was sleeved in Melbourne and my out of pocket was $5200 plus the $500 health insurance excess and none of this was claimable on medicare...

Think it varies based on ur surgeon, the hospital, the anaesthetist, etc etc so not sure anyone will be able to give u an exact $ figure!!
Back to top Go down
kaznkidz

Female

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

Anyone? Just needing to work out funds, and need to know if the out of pocket costs are it, or if you get anything at all back?
Back to top Go down
kaznkidz

Female

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Help with cost?   Help with cost? EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 1:54 am

Ok, so i'm ringing around getting out of pocket costs, but saw in another post somewhere you can claim some back from medicare? Is this right?

The cheapest i have found all up for EVERYTHING included is $4000 + i'll have my hospital stay excess of $500. Am i able to claim any of that anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help with cost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with cost?   Help with cost? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with cost?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: