AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band    Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band  EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 1:43 pm

Hi sorry you have had so much trouble. Welcome to this site. I know of one person who had trouble with the band, corosion etc, had a sleeve could not keep anything down for ages, finally got a bypass because of the muscles at the bottom of the stomach were impaired. Might be an idea to get the doc to test the muscles and make sure your swallowing function is still normal. I have slightly impaired swallowing function but not bad enough to have stopped me from having a sleeve. Apparently, if the swallowing disfunction is any more than mild a sleeve is not suitable and you need to go to a bypass. Speak to your doc and get it from the horses mouth so to speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band    Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band  EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 2:14 am

Hey John!

Sorry to hear that your band eroded.Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band  878453 That is very scary.

Do you have to wait until August 2013 because you are waiting for Private Health Insurance? I have to wait until March 2013 because of that reason, and i have no idea how i am going to wait that long lol. I am really glad i found this site, it takes up a lot of my time and stops me thinking about how long i have to wait.

Kayla
Back to top Go down
johnski

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band    Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band  EmptyFri 17 Aug 2012, 11:36 pm

Hi all,
Banded in Jul 2008, removed July 2011. Band eroded.
Start weight 150kg, when removed 66kg.

I loved my band, I had no issues at all. food got stuck 3 times in 3 years. I didn't take any vitamins, did not eat any meat, rice, pasta only veges and legumes. I felt great. I really enjoyed eating a cup of food, not thinking about my next meal, not thinking about what to order on a menu, I miss my band real bad. It's doing my head in.

However 12months before removal started getting pain and a million tests. It took 11 months to determine that the band had eroded.

Removal op was the hardest.

I am now struggling. my weight is up to 90kg. All the old illnesses are returning, blood pressure up, back pain, anxiety. I feel crap. Like I did when I was 150kg.

Unfortunately have to wait till Aug 2013 to have sleeve done.

Great site guys.

Couple of questions:
Has anyone post sleeve fallen into the 5% category that leads to complications? Has anyone had to then have the bypass done as the sleeve has failed?

Cheers for now
John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band    Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band  Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie: booked in for sleeve post band
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: