AuthorMessage
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

Great to chat Vicki

We're all in this together !!
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band    Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm

Scott I'm very happy to send them to You... Vicki
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!    Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:42 pm

Hi Nicky

Thank you for your reply.. I have had my band in since 2004 - 2005 & I have never really lost any weight. My band has always been really fickle, has had a mind of it's own. I can't wait to have it removed now. I thought I was the only one with these problems & now very pleased that I never made a fool of myself in telling friends & family about having the band.

I have always been very private regarding weight loss issues, so it is really comforting to find a great site to post & chat with others in the same position..

Take care Nicky, I'll look forward to future catchups...
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:35 pm

wikketts wrote:
Scott I will be very happy to give you some recipes for some very quick & easy, tasty soups..Vicki

Yes please just PM them to me please Wikketts - I like soup and by the sounds of it I'll be more or less living on it for the next couple of weeks (LOL)

Thanks again much appreciated.

Cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!    Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

Scott I will be very happy to give you some recipes for some very quick & easy, tasty soups..Vicki
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

Thank you ladies, its been a long journey but hopefully a worthwhile one.

I will let you all know how it goes as soon as I get home! LOL

Any suggestions on what to have on the liquid stage, I'm already Optied and vegied out, I will have to make up some sort of liquid type soup I guess.

Thanks again Ladies.

See ya all when the ops over!

Scott
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!    Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

Hi Scott

Best of luck for your surgery on Tuesday... Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! 65317 Blair did my band back in 2004 or 2005, he is a really lovely chap, has a wonderful bedside manner.

Love to hear from you once your surgery is over & you are up to posting Scott..

Take care & I'll be thinking of you... Vicki Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! 595690
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 1:10 pm

Oh Scott Im so excited. I can remember your first posts preband removal when you first came here.... I feel so old now he he hee

Good luck this week and come back as soon as you can and let us know your fine.
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 12:59 pm

Hi Scott

Good luck for Tuesday!! The beginning of your new life!!

I am so envious, but I know my turn will come.

Nicky
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm

Welcome Wikketts,

I know exactly how you feel re the band, I'm also an ex bandit, bloody thing worked great for a year or so, lost around 60kg an then it started playing up, just could never get it adjusted right, or at least not for long, it would be fine for a day or 2 then I started noticing it was easier to eat again (no real feeling of restriction) then other times it was too restrictive to the point I couldn't get saliva down!

Stupid bloody thing had a leak, so that was repaired and was fine for a month or so then same bloody thing, sure enough another leak around where the port attaches to the band, so then it was removed (April this year) and I'm getting the sleeve done this Tuesday thank god!

It's been a bit of a journey to get to this point but its getting there that's the main thing I guess.

I will be done by Dr Blair Bowden at the RBWH - 1st cab of the rank by the looks of it, which suits me fine, just want it done so I can start the journey back to some form of normality.

Anyway I hope everything works our well for you.

Cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!    Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 12:13 pm

Thank you Trish,

The 17th of September will not come quick enough for me. I'm considering having the fluid removed from my band as I'm sick of sleeping upright in order to stop the reflux.

My band has become so fickle of late & find myself bringing up everything I eat. I also find I have to be so careful of my medications that I take....

I have been reading through the posts & truely amazed at bandits problems, here was I thinking I was the only one with these problems. Just lucky that two of my Doctors at my local surgery have both had sleeves done recently. Im very grateful for my Doctor, who has lost an enormous amount of weight chatting to me. I went home & immediately googled the sleeve & made my decision that I was going to have my band removed. He told my that, realistically the band had only work on a small percentage of people.

I will be very happy to post here & get support when necessary, you all seem like one big happy family.. Thank you all Vicki :)))Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! 65317
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 10:47 pm

Yes Vicki...welcome to this group of exbandit/sleevers.

Congratulations on your decision. It has been the best one I made.

Good luck and hope to see you around the site often.

Trish
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 10:48 am

Hi Vicki

Welcome to our club!

How long have you had the band? I had mine for 7 years and had it removed in June. I am now waiting for my sleeve to be done in November. I was very lucky with my band having lost 36kg, but my body started rejecting my port after a tummytuck so therefore it had to go.

Forums like this are a great support as we are all in the same boat so to speak. It's great to chat with people who really know where you're coming from. Friends and family can be supportive but don't really understand what its like to be in our shoes.

Good luck with your journey and remember we are here to support !

Nicky Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! 542174

Last edited by Nicky63 on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!    Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 10:26 am

Hi Nutbags,

I read your post, I'm continually amazed at the amount of people that lost a lot of weight with the band & then for one reason or another it failed. I have never had any success with the band, very fickle indeed.

I do however wish you all the very best for your op, I'm hoping to get this band out & the sleeve done prior to Xmas, & that I have success with the sleeve. Vicki.. :)))
Back to top Go down
Nutbags
Part of the furniture
Nutbags

Female
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 4:26 am

Hi wicketts welcome. There are quite a lot of people on here who have had or in the process of having bands removed. have a wander through the band to sleeve section. I had myband removed a couple of weeks ago and now need to wait til November for the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
wikketts
wikketts

Female

PostSubject: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012, 12:01 pm

Today I had an apt with my own Doctor & she was very pleased to refer me back to Dr Blair Bowden that did my Band surgery in 2005. Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! 65317

I can't wait, I just need to get this band out & a Sleeve in. I'm desparate to loose weight with all of my health problems & I'm guessing some of you may be in the same boat as I.

Over the years since having the band I have not been able to exercise & I love to walk, but have had two total knees & a fused ankle & my other ankle now needs to be fused. My husband & I bought one of those shaking machines that you stand up on, they certainly work & you do loose weight, but it killed my joints. Doesn't matter what I do I can't win. does any one else have issues like this.

I know that loosing weight will most certainly help my arthritis & other issues associated with arthritis. It's nice to be able to chat with others as I have only ever told 3 family members of my banding. "Fear of failure" Thank you all Vicki..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!   Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Apt with Surgeon for Band Removal !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: