AuthorMessage
lynlilangel
lynlilangel

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Disheartened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disheartened   Disheartened EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

Thank you for your replies. My Surgeon won't do it all in one, but I guess that will test me. I cannot wait to have a big plate of salad or veggies. My current BMI is now 27, which is heaps better than what it was, for that I am happy. Maybe what worries more is that the sleeve isn't set in concrete. Maybe I am just panicking because the band has stopped me eating as much as I used to, since like I mentioned earlier, he has agreed to do the sleeve later if my weight starts to increase again. I guess I just needed to vent somewhere to people who understand.
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Disheartened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disheartened   Disheartened EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 5:04 am

Hi Lynlilangel, and welcome to the forum. If he has assured you he will sleeve you if it's what you decide, then go with your heart. If your mind is truly made up, go with that and tell him you are firmly decided to proceed with the sleeve. I was never banded but I understand for most people there is a forced period of time between the band coming out and a sleeve being done, for stomach healing as you said. That period of time should be enough to either reinforce your decision to get a sleeve or allow you to decide to try without one. But if your mind is made up now, can you tell him that's what you're planning for now and discuss whether you can set a sleeve date? Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
ladyscholar
ladyscholar

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Disheartened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disheartened   Disheartened EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 4:49 am

sorry to hear that, but dont give up...

i definitely cannot give you any advice on your issue, but just wondering if the band can be taken out and sleeve to be done at the same time??? if it is practical, then you don't need to go thru another op if you really want to be sleeved!!!

what is your current bmi???

:)
Back to top Go down
lynlilangel
lynlilangel

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Disheartened Empty
PostSubject: Disheartened   Disheartened EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 4:04 am

Hi All,

I have been reading about different people's journey's from band to sleeve. I too, had decided that after 4 years of having the band that maybe it was time to come out. Even though I have lost 30kgs in that time (I should be happy), it has not been a journey of total joy.

Like many people I have had good but mostly bad times. For 2 years I thought it was great as I had no fluid in my band and managed to get to my goal weight of 74kg. However, in that time I was having problems with getting things stuck and vomiting. I also suffered with reflux and after gastrograffin swallows they found that I had a second hernia which needed repairing (first one fixed when I had band put in). Since having the hernia repair in December 2010 I have put on 9kg, so as you do, I had been twice back to get some fluid put it and my problems with vomiting and food getting stuck had started again.

We have members in the family who have had the band and a couple of members who have had the sleeve done. After much consideration and research I thought that getting the sleeve done would be my best option, as after eating only the bad foods that I knew would stay down was not what I wanted to continue with. I have discussed this at a couple of appointments with my surgeon, who i must say is brilliant, and was told this was not a problem. He took fluid out again (only 2ml left in) and old me to come back in 6 weeks to decided what we were going to do.

That day was last Wednesday, as my weight has not shifted he said we could take the band out but he doesn't think I need to worry about the sleeve. I voiced my concerns and he told me to have faith in myself. The problem is I, I know myself....He has assured me that if I decided that I wanted the sleeve he would do it, now he is telling me to wait. I only want to wait long enough for my stomach to heal from the band removal and then to get sleeve done.

Should I tell him that I want it done asap or should I try without having it done. I want to live a healthy life by eating fruit and vegetables, something that I crave as I cannot eat without vomiting (I feel like a bulimic) I worked too hard to get the weight off to begin with, I don't want ANY of it to come back. My band is schedule to come out on 9th October. I am feeling a little disheartened now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disheartened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disheartened   Disheartened Empty

Back to top Go down

Disheartened
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: