Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie and excited   newbie and excited EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 11:45 pm

Welcome mammabear, and good luck with your sleeve! If the surgeon reckons he can do the gall bladder surgery at the same time I'm sure it's fine, and probably better than needing to have it done in two separate ops? Saves another stay in hospital, undergoing another general anaesthetic etc. Hope you don't have to wait long for your sleeve date - let us know when it is!
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie and excited   newbie and excited EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 10:29 pm

Hi Mammabear

Congratulations on finding this forum and seeing your surgeon. You will find lots of friendly and supportive people who are happy to support you through your journey and decision making process.

I had my sleeve in February and it has been the best decision I ever made, I have a 6 year old boy who I can now keep up with whilst he runs around, jumps on the trampoline and rides his bike which is a fantastic feeling and I am much more interested in doing things as a family as I have so much more energy.

I did not have gallstones so cannot comment but would think if it were me I would prefer to have both procedures at once so only have to be in hospital once, but that's just me.

Good luck with your decision and ask lots of questions, people are happy to help.

Melissa
Back to top Go down
Liesel
Liesel

Female
Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-08-03

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie and excited   newbie and excited EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 9:49 pm

Hi Mammabear :)

I'm Liesel, 34 with 3 kids (although I have all girls) me eldest is also 8 and turning 9 in Oct :) another 6 and my youngest is turning 4 at the end of Aug :)

I don't have my 1st appointment until 6th Sept but I think I have made my mind up about what I want, especially after reading so many of the posts on this site !! It is so inspiring and I just want it to hurry up so I can get along the road of my journey too !!

Like you, I have an amazing fiance who loves me the way I am but whole heartedly supports my decision, it is a decision that we have talked about and actually made together. Neither of us were too happy with the band choice but when we found out about this procedure we knew it was the way to go !! Hopefully I will still feel this way once I have spoken to my surgeon !!

I am going to see Dr Brancatisano in Baulkum Hills.

I've found a few people who have had him as their surgeon and it really put my mind at ease about my surgeon choice !! If you can find some others who have used your surgeon and have a chat with them I would suggest you do !! :)

I hope you find this site as useful as I have been finding it ! There some AMAZING stories from some amazing people !! They have already been an inspiration to me ! I seriously can't wait to be able to say 'YAY my weight is in double figures !!' For me that is my first BIG goal !! I have not been in double figures since I was a teenager !! How terrible is that !!!

Well I hope to catch u sometime and have a chat !!

L :)
Back to top Go down
http://itsjustmeliesel.blogspot.com.au/
mammabear

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-08-07

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie and excited   newbie and excited EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 10:59 am

thanks nutbags,

did you have a out of pocket expense for your gall bladder, my mum just had hers out and didnt pay anythng except her excess but if i get the gallbladder done at the same time it will be an extra $2000
Back to top Go down
Nutbags
Part of the furniture
Nutbags

Female
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-06-23

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie and excited   newbie and excited EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 10:37 am

Hi mammabear

Welcome. I have had my gall bladder out but not at the same time as weightloss surgery. I have had 2 bands in and 2 bands out + gall bladder out, now awaiting the sleeve surgery. Whilst the surgeries are relatively quick for recovery, if your surgeon can do it all at the same time ... I would say jump at it. The less surgery you need to undergo the better.

Cheers Nutbags
Back to top Go down
mammabear

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-08-07

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: newbie and excited   newbie and excited EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 10:05 am

Hi all

Im a 29 year old, i have 3 children my son is 8 about to turn 9, and my girls are 6 (going on 16) and 6months. I have a loving fiance and life is great EXCEPT im not happy in my body. My goal is to be able to play hockey next year (my fiance has played since he was young his going on 15years now and our 2 oldest kids started playing this year) we all play as a family in the backyard but im huffing and puffing after 10 mins :( when i told the kids that i wanted to play in the ladies team next year they both got so excited and told me they would help me get really skilled lol i dont want to let them down

My surgeon suggested i have a look before going back to him and its helped me make the decision even easier to go ahead with the sleeve

I met with Dr Kuzinkovas last friday and i go back next friday to confirm and book in for the sleeve. I am trying to decide wether its best to do the sleeve and remove my gall bladder in the one operation or to do the sleeve, recover then go do the gall bladder. I have multiple gall stones and Dr K said he can perform the 2 procedures together, has anyone had these 2 procedures done at the same time?

I have battled with my weight most of my life, i was always the chubby kid in school but when i started working i got down to 72kg (my lightest ever) and was in a size 12. by the end of my pregnancy with my first i was over 100kg and in a size 20 (i quit smoking and was eating for 2 :( ) by the time i had my first daughter i was 126kg (my biggest weight) i was determined after that to lose the weight and i did lose alot i got down from 126kg to 85kg in the 6 years between my girls i managed to maintain my weight around the 90s but when i fell pregnant with my 3rd i ballooned again :( My baby is now 6 months old and im weighing 104kg :( i seem to be stuck on this weight cause no mater what i do, i cant get under it ive been this weight for a few months. im on duromine and find its great when im on it but if i forget to take it or miss a day or 2 i stuff myself silly :( thats my problem, i eat healthy i just eat ALOT. i pick while im cooking, i eat mine, ill finish the kids and still not be full :( the point that made me say enough is enough was when i ate a whole pan pizza to myself and my fiance looked at me and said "you just smashed that whole pizza in 9 minutes" that was my turning point.

So ive been reading through everyone posts and thought id introduce myself and get some support and information off people :)

I love reading through everyones experiences and Im really grateful Dr K told me about this site.

i look forward to getting to know you all :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

newbie and excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie and excited   newbie and excited Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie and excited
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: