Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Hello :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

Welcome to the forum Jess! Gosh you've had a rough trot hon, my heart goes out to you. Best of luck with your appointments! x
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 1:39 pm

Wow Jess, you've had it pretty tough. Good luck with your sleeve journey, this is a great site and very supportive and informative people. Hello :) 355206
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

Welcome Jess and wow what a journey you have had for someone so young. The forum here is fantastic for lots of info and support.
Best of luck with all your appointments and look forward to seeing your progress.
Liz xx
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Vegas

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 10:40 pm

Welcome Jess and congratulations on making the decision to be sleeved.

You have had a terrible time.

I had the sleeve done in May and it is my third love after my boys and husband. I did for a couple of weeks after the op sometimes have moments where I thought oh no I will never be able to eat a medium QTR pounder meal with a hot apple pie and chocolate Sundae ever again but that thought soon would be wiped out of mind by the realisation that I will have so much more life and I am already getting it. The sleeve has helped me become a better me which gives my boys a better mum.

The sleeve has started to help me love myself again and I am sure it will give you the same good luck with all of it

tymeka
Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 10:15 pm

Hi Jess,

What a terrible time you've had. I'm not yet sleeved - will be in two weeks, and have found so much inspiration, information and support on this site which I'm sure you will too. For someone who has gone through so much, and you have a young family which you want to increase, it is so sensible that you are taking this course. All the best of luck with it - I hope your dreams can come true. Thank you for sharing your story.

Rosiem
Back to top Go down
HappierAndHealthier
HappierAndHealthier

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 4:03 pm

Good luck Jess. Thanks for sharing your story. I was sleeved 6 weeks ago, because like so many people on here I want a happier and healthier version of myself. I've found this journey a real rollercoaster so far, but there's such a great amount of support and info on this site - it's really fantastic.

I hope time goes quickly for you and you can start the next stage of your life soon. :)

All the best.

Tina
Back to top Go down
mrspowell1984
mrspowell1984

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Hello :)   Hello :) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

Hello everyone,

Just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Jess, 27 happily married with a beautiful 5 y/o son. We live in country victoria and love, love, love it here :)

I am still in the process of having my pre op appointments. I had the sleep study on Monday night... YUCK lol. The nurse said I snored a little but i'm hoping that it's nothing too serious and is because of my weight.

I've been overweight since I hit puberty. Which spiralled out of control through my adolescents. When I was 22 I was 107kg and had fallen pregnant with my son. During my pregnancy I put on about 30kg but lost it all when he was born. The year after he was born my husband and I were involved in a car accident which resulted in my being thrown through the windscreen. I was 12 weeks pregnant at the time and as a result of the crash we lost our baby.

That is where everything went downhill. Emotionally I wasn't coping with the loss of our baby. Lots of other thing's were happening during this time also.. It was a really dark period in my life. When my son turned 2 we started to realise he wasn't like all the other children his age. Developmentally he was quite delayed and his behavior was becoming increasingly aggressive. Over the next few years we were on the rollercoaster ride of having him assessed and diagnosed and it wasn't until September last year we finally got a diagnosis. ODD with traits of Autism. BAM. Hit me like a train! I felt like it was a death sentence for my son. Which in turn lead me to emotionally eating.

At the start of the year I saw a photo of me at xmas holding my nephew. WOW.. 'What a heffer' I thought.. And my father in law said he had taken a "lovely photo" of me.. Did this mean I looked far worse in "real life" then I did in this picture? I swore then and there I had to make a change.

Within 5mths I shed 30kg. Bringing me down to 170kg. I am now 173kg (I've sorta fallen off the wagon). It was in May that I realised that I had to have surgery. So off to the GP I went to make an appointment. He referred me to Dr Clifforth in Hamilton, Vic. I had my first appt wth him at the start of the term 2 holidays. He said the only real option for me was to have a Gastric Sleeve.

Now.. I am inpatient at the best of times. But this is KILLING ME!!! Gosh, I just want this done NOW!!! My husband & I are paying for the surgery ourselves so we hope that helps to push thing's along. The waiting list is about 4mths.

So this is my journey thus far. I have a GP appt tomorrow as the surgeon suggested I go on Duromine to try shed as much weight before the surgery as possible. I will do whatever I need to do to have this surgery be successful. This is my chance at a new, happier life. It's also my last chance to have another baby.

Would love to make some contacts through here for support :)

Jess <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello :)   Hello :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: