AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Personality changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:47 am

LittleMissCee wrote:
Not much fazes me. It takes a lot to rattle me now... It just seems to be a lot easier to say "oh well... Life goes on..", than fall into an angry heap.

Totally agree with this.. I used to stress allot about stupid things, now it's just more of a meh if it was meant to happen it will.

Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:44 am

I was always confident... Just more so now, but confident in a way that I know I look great and know what I want, rather than being confident before because I had to be seen as a bright and bubbly person to try and quash the stereotype of 'all fat people hate being fat and have no personality'.

I was told the other week that I've 'calmed down' a lot over the last few months.

I don't get angry at every small thing, I'm not defensive about everything anymore, and I have a more laid back 'go with the flow' attitude...

Not much fazes me. It takes a lot to rattle me now... It just seems to be a lot easier to say "oh well... Life goes on..", than fall into an angry heap.

Although that could just be me chilling out in my old age ;)
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:27 am

lin1970 wrote:
J, how come I am not surprised you have always been a smart arse :p.

I don't know what you're talking about Lin.. :) :P

Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:20 am

J, how come I am not surprised you have always been a smart arse :p.

I know for myself I want my life back. I am sick of sinking further in this hole. I don't think I will change as such, I am pretty much take me or leave me I don't care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 5:18 am

I am still dealing with all the ways I was taught to hate myself for my body size before sleeve. The people who needed me to hate myself (parents and siblings) got power out of it. Parents are dead, one sibling has become a human being and the other stole a large amount of money from me, so I do not communicate with that one, and the next time I hear from that one will be when the inheritance is gone.

Being able to ridicule and shame fat people is a major power trip for some normal sized folk. Now that I am normal sized I am immune. Thank god - I can no longer be someone's punching bag because of the size of my body.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
BRAD D
BRAD D

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 12:27 pm

Great comments guys ... Jay I can relate to your thoughts .. I think about things now and maybe my personality hasn't changed just my whole outlook on life is now so positive and things such as drinking bulk piss on the weekends and eating piles of shit every day doesn't faze me one iota ... I will admit that I'm drinking again and having a little bit of ding sausage and cheese ... but it's not going to kill me !!! I only have a drink on 1 night over a weekend and even then 1/2 a bottle of bourbon is ample now.

It must be awesome for the girls to get comments from friends and loved ones saying how good they look ... huge builder of one very common trait that large peple don't have ... CONFIDENCE.

Keep up the great work guys ... if you feel a bit down look at some old "fat" photos ... boosts me big time !!!

All the very best and thanks for commenting .... and thanks extra !!

Brad

Personality changes 314562
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 1:50 am

I think I'm less defensive. I don't assume others' actions are because of my weight anymore. I feel "normal" in a group. I like being in photos. I have become more introspective in an effort to figure out why I got to the point I did, so that I can never go back again. I smile more.
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 12:20 am

Interesting topic, this.

Just last weekend my bloke said that my general mood has been so much lighter and happier. He said just the fact that I've done something positive and I'm in the process of shrinking is making a huge difference.

I think I spent the last 10 years or so in a perpetual state of anger and depression - no wonder I hid. And someone told me today at work that they can see a big difference now - yay!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 12:12 am

I wouldn't really say I've changed hugely, I was always a smart ass, always blunt, forward and no doubt offensive to some people if they didn't know me and how to take me.

I guess I just go about my life as feeling more "normal" now.. I still live by my don't like me then fuck off standards, I think I always will. But then again I guess that's because I know in reality I'm not a total prick and if people aren't prepared to take 5min to get to know me before judging me then they really aren't worth my time in the first place.

Speaking to a close friend a couple of months ago she told me I hadn't really changed who I was at all I'd just become a more outgoing, happier, positive person all round. One of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me. I never wanted to change and become some stuck up "thin" person judging everyone, sure I look at overweight people now and think about how damn hard it was living that life. But I also know it took me to get to rock bottom myself before I went and did something about it, not be told and made to feel guilted into changing.

I guess the biggest personality change of all is actually wanting to be in photos with your friends so you can have some memories.. I find that one very important to me now.

Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

This is an interesting topic, I don't think my personality has changed I think I am the same as before just a bit more confident. Having said that over the last few weeks a number of people have told me how much happier I look and that I am always smiling and laughing I wasn't aware that I wasn't smiling and laughing before! So perhaps I have changed more than I am aware. The other thing that I have noticed is that with two of my friends our conversation seems to be obsessed with diet and weightloss. I am not sure if this is my doing or because they are actively considering the sleeve.

Also seem to take longer to get ready as there is more choice in clothing, previously would just put on what fits me, now lots of things fit me, so takes longer to decide, lol

Melissa
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

Hi Brad,

Great topic, and until this morning I would have said as per Jane that it is too early for me to comment. However, this morning my husband informed me I am happier and more lively over the last couple of weeks than he has seen me in years, and that is down 20 kg and not yet sleeved.

I too will watch this thread with interest.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
Janojet
Part of the furniture
Janojet

Female
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Hi Brad and Kate - great topic and I will look forward to reading other opinions... too early for me yet!!
Jane
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

Hi brad, how you going mate?
Heehee yes I agree with all your positives especially the bedroom action. I also have to add to your list i think I'm friendlier which
I contribute to my new found confidence. I smile more. :)

But on the downside I've also found myself getting angry quicker. Really don't know if it has anything to do with my sleeve but I have a really quick fuse. Also I find myself "judging" larger people when I see them Pigging out, I wish I could take them & shake them & say you don't have to live like this there is more to life than food! :( I have to keep reminding myself that was me 9 months ago!
Love my sleeve!
K
Back to top Go down
BRAD D
BRAD D

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Personality changes   Personality changes EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

I'm interested to see how sleeving and the results from the procedure has affected our personalities.

I can only imagine the vast majority of us have "turned" into happy little vegemites with no cares in the world (other than the usual pressures) and get up every day with a new outlook on life ... but has anyone ever regretted their decision to be sleeved ??

Speaking from a personal point of view I am a lot more confident when I venture out ... I've also felt like a "normal" person .. I feel more productive at work and have a lot of empathy for obese people .. I was like that once but feel strong minded that I had the guts to go through with my surgery .. and my home life and relationships with my wife and children are incredibly strong .. my wife loves the new me .. especially behind closed doors !!!!

All the best ... Brad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personality changes   Personality changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Personality changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: