Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... EmptySat 28 Jul 2012, 8:26 am

Hi Scotty,

My surgeon indicated I could have any shake so long as it was VLCD listed as that was the requirement.

I also use soup made with my allowed vegies as as interim filler, and also munch on calery, carrots, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Basically a healthy diet and only for a short term, but it helps get your heap set into the changes that having the sleeve will mean for you in the long term.

Bon apetit!!
Back to top Go down
Scotty75

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-07-22

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Im Fat   Im Fat.... EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012, 1:47 am

Thanks sassy,

lol Fat not for long...lol. Never thought I would like the surgeon to say those words to me but at the time it was the best news Id ever heard.
Can u eat as much vegies as u want as well as the shakes?? The bars are even worse than the shakes ( too small ).
Ok counting down the days....

Scotty
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:32 am

Hi Scotty, congrats on being fat, lol!

Some surgeons state which ones you should be drinking and others seem to be pretty relaxed. Don't forget there are bars and soups that you can have too, also veges and sauces to spice things up. It is hard but it is a necessary evil, you'll lose quite well on it, so persevere when the times comes :)

Good luck with your sleeve journey!
Back to top Go down
Scotty75

Male

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Im Fat   Im Fat.... EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 2:14 am

Thanks guys, did some ringing around and found the right health cover so another tick for me..... Hopefully the time flies. Im not usually a patient person ( I get my birthday pressies early thats how bad i am...lol) but its worth waiting for. Im going to try Opti for a couiple of weeks and see if I can do it, I tasted 1 the other day and lets just say I got it down cause I had too...lol. Ive tried the shakes b4 and never felt full on them BUT MUST B STRONG. Can u do other shakes like Tony Ferguson or there are some at Aldi that arent too bad or is there stuff in Opti that I specifically need??
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 10:14 pm

Hi Scotty,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the go ahead for the sleeve. You will find that time flies. I am on the very downhill count now and it was over 12 months ago that I first considered surgery.

The time has absolutely flown.

Good luck for your journey, Janet
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 9:20 am

hi Scotty

welcome to the forum. As Cee already mentioned check out Iselect regards the health insurance and check to see weight surgeries are included.

Good luck, time goes fast, before you know you will be sip sip sipping and starting the journey as a post sleever

Erin
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 7:40 am

Welcome...

Congrats on being approved for surgery. You won't regret it.

As for private health, I'm with hbf, but I think that's only for people in wa...? (I may be wrong)

If you go to a website like iselect.com.au, they will help you compare the funds for you based on your needs.

Good luck :)
Back to top Go down
Scotty75

Male

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 6:48 am

Lol, dont get me wrong, it was the best thing I'd ever heard........Let me take it back to the start....... Hi Im Scotty 37, 185cms, 138kgs, reasonably active, last year competed in my first MMA event so I have been pretty active (I wasnt that big when I fought 119.7kg). Love exercise n training but could never shift the weight. I was due to fight again in March this year and had my pre fight checks which didnt go down so good, blood pressure way too high (on meds for it now) ck levels at 1583 ( normal level max 270) told by my Dr the most im allowed to do is a brisk walk, no more training, no more fighting.....On comes the weight blah blah blah, here i am 138kgs. I go to see a Dr about VSG and he tells me, im too active and not fat enough........WHHHHHAAAAATTTTT....anyway I had a friend who had the surgery and she told me to see her Dr and he said he'd do it Yipppeeeee. I was so glad to hear that I was fat enough for the surgery, imagine that you hear it and it makes you cranky, i heard it and was overjoyed. Im only at the veeeerrrrryyyy beginning stage had 1 appt with Surgeon and he said he'd do it now, have to make appt for Psych then dietician and oh yeah need to get health insurance. Any help with health insurance would be great it confuses the hell out of me. Then its 12 long and agonizing waiting months but am so super excited.......Its good to see all the support and stories and everything on here, cant wait till i can speak from experience and help the next lot through the process. Thanks again for letting me share my brief lil story..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im Fat.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Fat....   Im Fat.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Im Fat....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: