6 posters
AuthorMessage
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

New guy considering Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy considering   New guy considering EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 4:53 am

Welcome Mav,

I agree with J, this is your turn to get your life back in control, I wouldn't be letting anyone put me off doing it, after all their not the one who's suffering mentally, emotionally and physically - you are, so do what it best for you according to you not what they thing is best.

As you will see by having a good look around the forum you will see that there are lots of happy people who are glad they made the decision to get the op done, I myself am still waiting for my op and can't wait to get my life back on track.

Good luck with it all mate and tell the GF to pull her head in, she's already on the way to a happy healthy life so why the hell is she trying to stop you from achieving the same? doesn't make sense to me but anyway if you want to do the VSG go for it.

Cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
nothingtolose

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New guy considering   New guy considering EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 4:43 am

I am just starting on the journey, but a wise woman told me "do it for you"
Blow what anyone else has to say, do what makes you happy!

What's good for the gander is good for the goose in this case :)
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: totally agree   New guy considering EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 3:55 am

Hi Mavrick

I totally agree with J - your girlfriend has a hypercritical response given that she has had the surgery and lost 58kgs - if dieting and exercise worked why did she need the sleeve. Ultimately the decision is yours - only you know how you feel and more importantly how you want to feel in the future. Just make sure that you make the decision after doing the research and knowing that this is right for you. Good luck

G
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New guy considering   New guy considering EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 3:41 am

Hi Mav, Welcome to the forum,

I'm with J on this one. You need to do what is right for you and not listen so much to others, even though you may consider her a significant other. Does she really want a bf who is unhealthy and unhappy?

I have been overweight all my life and if I had been sleeved at 20 I would not have all the health conditions that I currently have. If I were in your shoes now I would go for healthy, happy and slimmer (and I know slimmer doesn't always mean happier) and if that meant losing the significant other then so be it.

Hope it work out right for you.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: New guy considering   New guy considering EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 1:42 am

Welcome aboard mate..

I'll put it out there bluntly as I always do so don't take offence to this in anyway at all please. I'm just going to say it as I see it from your explanation.

Personally I'd be telling your gf and I'll put this nicely to just shutup and back off, she's had her surgery and is loving life as a thinner healthier person. Seems to be she's sitting on her high horse a little bit and is to quick to forget what it feels like everyday living overweight and having the mental struggles that come along with it aswell as the physical.

You've already pointed out that you've struggled with your weight all your life and it's clearly something that's been on your mind for a long long time.

When I first looked into getting a band my gf at the time told me I was stupid and she wouldn't be as attracted to me if I lost a heap of weight as I'd "change" and leave her for some other woman. Needless to say we aren't together anymore, not due to the surgery at all but having her tell me that make me think "Wow how selfish can someone be to not want me to lead a happier healthier life.."

I think you really need to sit down with your gf and tell her, look you did this for yourself and I'm going to do it for exactly the same reason. You might not like it but this is something I want and need to do for me and me alone.

You're 20 years old mate, I wish I'd of had this done when I was 20.. Then I wouldn't of ended up being the 231kg balloon I turned into.

Back to top Go down
Mavver05

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: New guy considering   New guy considering EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 4:12 pm

Hi everyone.

Just signed up after a few hours of reading threads, thought it would be good to have a chat and get some opinions.

My names Mavrick, I'm 20 yrs old and my girlfriend of almost 3 years (also 20) was sleeved in September last year.
Since then I've been watching her weight drop off (58kg so far) and have considered looking into getting it myself.
I've always been the bigger guy, since primary school it's always been something I've hated, and as I've grown up I have grown into it slightly, looking back on my year 7 photos compared to now I don't look as overweight as I did then, but I know I am.

My girlfriend doesn't think I need to get the surgery as she believe dieting and gym will be all I need, problem is I've tried alot of different things. And I never seem to get anywhere with them.

Just wondering if anyone out there is in, or has been in a similar situation, is my previous failures causing me to doubt myself and head in this direction, or am I just realizing that this option will be the best for me and my future.

Mav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy considering   New guy considering Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy considering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: