AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 10:23 am

I used to do water aerobics at Bayswater pool when I did shift work. Classes were at about 9:30am and mostly old ducks. One time one of the old girls was singing along next to me with the music, "I'm horny, horny, horny, horny..."
I nearly wet myself.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptySat 21 Jun 2008, 10:40 am

I am thinking of trying this when it warms up as we do not have a heated pool in Armadale.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptySat 21 Jun 2008, 9:15 am

Oh thanks everyone!!
They only do it once a week in my area, but thats ok, I was hoping to combine my gym workouts with some water aerobics... and it just might be a good idea!
I love swimming! Thanks for you responses.
Hayley
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptySat 21 Jun 2008, 8:37 am

I have also done water aerobics, but about 15 years ago, i realy enjoyed it and might start going again ( but when it warms up i agree with steph)
it was good fun and my group was mostly younger people, i think there was another session for the golden oldies.

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptyFri 20 Jun 2008, 8:08 am

HI HAYLEY

iVE DONE WATER AEROBICS AT MY GYM I USE TO DO IT THREE TIMES A WEEK AND I LOVED IT IT STRENGHTEN MY BACK MUSCLES WHICH I NEEDED AS HAVE HAD FOUR BACK OPS
AND MADE ME A LOT FITTER AND I LOST SOME KGS.
THERE IS ALOT OF OLDER WOMEN AND A COUPLE OF MEN BUT THERE WERE YOUNGER INCLUDING MY DAUGHTER N LAW WHO WAS ONLY 22 AT THE TIME WE ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD BALANCE OF AGES FROM 20S TO 90 YEAR OLDS AND WE WOULD HAVE A BALL THE INSTUCTERS WERE GREAT PLAYED MUSIC LOUD IT WAS FUN I PLAN TO GET BACK INTO IT AS SOON AS IM ABLE AFTER MY OP IF YOU HAVE A GOOD INSTRUCTOR IT DOES MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE ESPECIALLY IF THE HAVE A LAUGH WITH YOU

CHEERS SUE
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptyThu 19 Jun 2008, 2:07 pm

Hi Hayley,

I did water aerobics at the local gym about 7 years ago.

It's very low impact and is meant to be really good for you, but I just hated the getting out and having to dry off etc afterwards and then head out into the cold. And you do end up doing it with probably a good majority of quite old ladies lol, no offence to anyone intended as I'm no spring chicken myself.

The other negative for me was the pool wasn't that big and it was always crowded.

steph
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? EmptyThu 19 Jun 2008, 1:59 pm

Anyone done any water aerobics? I have a place near me that does classes on a thursday night, thought I would ask around before going down there.
Thanks all,

Hayley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Aerobics?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Aerobics??   Water Aerobics?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Water Aerobics??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: