AuthorMessage
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Fear of not losing weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

Faced the fear this morning... 1.4kgs down only another 1.7kgs and I'll be under 100kgs for the first time in about 3 years.

It's worth facing the fear sometimes
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

sassyred - looking fab in that outfit.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 9:14 am

Yes I am sure most of us go through these thoughts and it is really a case of getting the 'head' straight. We have to realise that what we see in the mirror is now us and not what we once were. Weighing every day is definitely not a good thing to do as fluids can easily cause fluctuations on a day to day basis. My way of overcoming this is not to have a set of scales in the house. The only time I will weigh myself is when I see the doctor for my follow up visits and when I resume my weekly PT sessions at our local gym. It can be disheartening if you hop on the scales every day and do not see the needle going down.

Try and stay positive and trust in all the hard work you have put in to get where you are.

Liz
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 8:24 am

Couldn't agree more with some of the things said here. It is a head battle and I'm not sure it's one that I will win rather I'll learn to live with it. Weighing every day is certainly not a good idea but I admit that I go through phases of doing it!!

Certainly those in the early stages should feel very confident that they will lose the weight. It will be at the pace that your body dictates and it won't be the same as others, some slow and some fast, some plateau and some don't, but you'll always lose in the long run. It took me around 9 months to get to my dream goal which sounds fast but it did feel like a long time, impatience is natural when it comes to weight loss I guess! Looking back it was no time at all, and an amazing journey.

I have to keep looking at new pictures of myself to remind me that I'm not big anymore, I stupidly check my clothing labels cause I can't believe there are size 10's in my wardrobe... not sure when I will get used to it :)
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 1:20 am

I hope I never lose the fear - it's what is gonna keep me honest with myself and in a normal weight range.
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 3:30 am

This is such a great thread as it gives us all a chance to work on the "head" part of this battle. I am happy to read I am not alone in these fears, and it seems really normal for us to feel this way after years of loss/regain cycling. I was on the scales for my weigh in tis morning and saw 69. something, I have not been in this weight range for about 12 years and certaily didnt stay there long, I had to keep getting on and off to make me realise that it is real! I try to put on my really "fat" jeans from pre sleeve times to visually see I am smaller as I just dont see it alot in the mirror, or believe it when people tell me I have lost weight. Funny how the brain takes so much longer than the rest to ctach up. I like what Red5 said at the end though, this is a good problmem to have this fear isnt it, as we will keep working on this healthy life each and everyday wont we...

Goodluck all we need to celebrate how far we have all come and maybe over time we will find our fears of regaining being replaced with the joy of livig thin and healthy..

Steph
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 3:13 am

J wrote:
This journey is a huge huge mental battle.. but I wouldn't change it for the world.

J, you're weight loss is an inspiration to us all, I saw the before and after photos of you the other day and you look amazing, I think I understand what you're saying though, after all you may the the same as everyone else but I'm guessing a part of you will always be that big guy you once were. Even now I find it hard not to think of myself as the biggest person in the room like I usually am, but now sometimes I'm not (it's still pretty close though).

Miss Melly you are right we need to believe in ourselves, although after many years of failed dieting I haven't quite gotten there yet.

As a long term sleever said to me, it's not a bad fear to have, as I'll work harder to make sure that I never be the way I used to be.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 1:17 am

Every single one of us has the same fear of the sleeve not working and we'll be that one miracle case where we don't lose any weight at all etc..

I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd be 5kg under my "goal" yet here I'am and I still don't believe it to be honest.. I'm in a bit of a "lost" zone at the moment as realistically being 6-2 and 110kg I look as normal as any other guy, but in my brain not seeing the scales moving much anyone makes me worry :(

This journey is a huge huge mental battle.. but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 10:53 pm

I am the same as all the rest of you, scared out of my mind that the rest of my weight won't come off, I weigh myself everyday which I know is bad, I have been losing steadily a kilo a week but each week that I weigh in I wonder is this the week when it will all stop. I look at people's tickers and see they have lost more than their target weight and can't possibly believe that could be me, then other people's tickers say they got to goal in 6-7 mths also a dream, I live in constant fear of not getting to goal, when I know realistically I eat well, I have not had, soft drinks, carbs or lollies since the sleeve and I exercise a lot we should have more faith in ourselves and our tummies but it is very hard after 20-30 years of failures.

Let's all believe in ourselves and we will get there.

Melissa
Back to top Go down
HappierAndHealthier
HappierAndHealthier

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

I definitely share this fear! I've only been sleeved for 5 and a half weeks and I already expect my weight loss to halt forever and not to reach my goal weight. So irrational! But I'm with you all. It's hard to keep the fears at bay.

Good luck to us all!

Tina :)
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

twistedbydesign wrote:
i don't know why we believe we'd be special enough for the sleeve to not work

This time I'd like to not be special, and be like everyone else.

Gretchen I'd like to be a size 10 too, but I know a 12 is more realistic
Back to top Go down
twistedbydesign
twistedbydesign

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

red, i am with you!! i don't know why we believe we'd be special enough for the sleeve to not work, but i am plagued by that fear that the weight loss is going to stop any day now.
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

That's great to hear Red5!! It's always the best when other people say something because you know they're really noticing =]
I'm thinking size 12 but in all honesty I'd love to be size 10..
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 11:04 am

My ultimate goal is a size 12 irrespective of the weight so I'm trying not to focus too much on the number, but it's so hard when I have been conditioned all my life to look at the numbers. Hubby did tell me yesterday that I look like I've lost a lot of weight and he usually doesn't comment so I know it's coming off. Just the typical fear of failure.Fear of not losing weight 833240
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 10:59 am

Totally agree Janet!
I actually get more excited going down clothing sizes than I do when the numbers on the scales goes down.. =]
Back to top Go down
Daydreamer
Daydreamer

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 10:35 am

same here.
Fear of not losing weight 595690
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 10:34 am

Hi, I'm still waiting for my sleeve but can relate to your concerns. I have lost about 17 kg on Opti which has pleased me but now I have plateaued and have not lost for a week. Now I am fearful that I will have gone through the whole lot and paid a lot of money for nothing.

What I am aiming to focus on is not the figures, but the non-scale victories, as I figure each little win that is not scales related will break my reliance on the scales and the magic figures.

I can now tie up my sneakers - this time three months ago I chose not to wear them because it was too hard, and too embarrising to ask my husband to do them up for me.

Good luck, Janet
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

I have a fear all the time that my wait will stop where it is now and not keep going down. So i don't know if that will go away..
Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female

PostSubject: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 9:57 am

Does the fear of the scales and not losing weight ever go away? I know logically so long as I'm eating good food 99% of the time it will come off, it has to, but after so many years of failing I have an uncontrollable fear that it won't come off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear of not losing weight   Fear of not losing weight Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear of not losing weight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: