Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!

Go down 
+2
Liz
nothingtolose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nothingtolose

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 4:35 am

Wow, thanks everyone!!!

I am so pleased I joined this forum! We live in centralQld and and am lucky to have happened to have run into a friend of a friend at a shopping centre in a near by town who had the sleeve done just 3 months before.

I had considered having a band done prior to this "run in" but after talking to her, made an appointment with my gp that Monday to get a referral. I was not going to go shopping that day, and as I walked out the door hubby said to me that the day was about me and to spoil myself.

I honestly believe I was meant to be right where I was at that exact time with those very people. While talking to the lady who had the surgery, I started crying because what she said resonated so strongly in me. She said "Do it for you. No one else, but YOU". And this is what I will take with me throughout the journey.

I spoke to the receptionist at the surgeons office, and she said that based on dates etc, an everything going to plan, I could expect my surgery date to be around the middle of October.

So let's do this people lol

Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 1:55 am

hiya and welcome

glad your not stalking anymore. lol what horror stories? i must have missed them.

I am one of the fortunate ones that went into hospital early one morning and out 2 nights later!

i was mildly uncomfortable and except for a few pukes here and there am all good and travelling along.

its still a big learning curve and yes using people and their experiences can resonate wher eyour at. Have you started a diary yet? and when u know ur surgery date join the months thread or start it! always good to do pre op and post op with peeps the same level

organise or go to a meet up. meet old and new sleevers - it gives motivation

look forward to your journey xx
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 12:57 am

Hi nothingtolose, welcome to the forum!

I too read a load of information that feraked me out and then I stalked this forum for about 6 month before I spoke with my GP. Her response was "Janet, this is the bravest thing you have ever done" and wrote me a referral immediately. I have received so mush support and encouragement through this forum it has been absolutely fantastic.

If you can't find something you are looking for, use the search tab at the top. If still no response then start a new thread. Someone, somewhere will have an answer for you.

All the best with your journey.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 12:21 am

Hi nothingtolose, and welcome to the forum! (You too Liz and alexita!) If there's anything specific you want to know, just ask. There are always plenty of people on here willing to share very generously.

Wishing you all the very, very best of luck in the lead up to your surgeries, and of course with the surgery itself. I'm sure it's a decision that none of you will regret.
Back to top Go down
*alexita*
*alexita*

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

Hi Sandy

Congratulations on taking the first step! thats always the hardest!Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  446871 I remember how much in denial i was that i needed it, thinking surely i didnt have to go to such a 'drastic' measure! but ofcourse that's not the case with long term weight strugglers, which i s what i am! Now i am so excited and cant wait to have mine done and start this long road to a happier healther me!

I have my surgery booked for the 12th of Novemeber and so am still in the waiting stages! i know exactly what you mean by stumbling over the 'toe curling scary' stuff, but honestly after all the research i've done, everything i have read on here and the experiences i have listened to and really the positives outweigh the negatives drastically! This is the best place to voice your concerns and have people who have gone through it or are going through it answer first hand! i wish you good luck with your journey!

Alex
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

Welcome nothing to loose. I am a relative newbie here myself. I did all the research over the Internet and also stalked this forum till I joined up. It is awesome that we are able to get such terrific insight and feedback from people who have been there or on the way to going there and having the sleeve done.

I am also in Qld and I am well on m way. I had my appointment with the surgeon last Monday and if all goes well with the psychologist and dietitian this week, I am due to have the surgery on August 17 at Redcliffe Hospital. It is very scary and exciting all at the same time. I did not want to have to wait too long so I could second-guess myself and keep on wondering if I am doing the right thing. As it is I am already having problems going to sleep at night as my brain is working over time.

Good luck with our appointment and I look forward to keeping up with your progress.

Liz
Back to top Go down
nothingtolose

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-20

PostSubject: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 12:33 pm

Hi, my name is sandy and I am from qld.

So, I have just bitten the bullet (not the chocolate coated licorice things) and have made an appointment for the 6th september to see a surgeon about having a gastric sleeve performed.

I really feel like I am going with my gut on this, and instead of googling the shizzle out of it, I am hoping I can get the information I need from people who have had/are having/ thinking about having the procedure done.

I have googled the main information, and have a basic understanding of it, but every time I try to delve deeper, I come across super freaky toe curling horror stories that would make Freddie Kruger run screaming and crying.

I have been a bit of a forum stalker in that I have read a few of the posts and am amazed with The results, and I am looking forward to being one of them.

I have nothing holding me back, no excuses to not have the surgery done, and absolutely nothing to lose.

This is such an exciting and scary time....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!    Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Overweight, overwhelmed, and freakin excited!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: