AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 9:04 am

Hi Emma...

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

This site is fantastic for support in any way, shape or form... You've come to the right place for others to understand the food issues and every other issue you'll face on your sleeve journey.

Sorry to hear about your leg... Doesn't sound like much fun at all. Hopefully you won't have to have that cast on for too long. Make sure you just ease back into exercise though when it comes off!

Have a stroll through all the different sections on this site, you'll more than likely find some helpful info.. If you're looking for anything in particular, there's a search button at the top of the screen, or post away :)

Good luck in your journey!

C
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:47 am

Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of people with similar experiences to you here.

I would discuss with a dietician if you stall continues, Christina is right on the money re starvation, I know a couple of people here who had to up what they were eating and then the weight came off again - but check with your surgeon/dietician first.

I've got some lovely welsh friends, so you'll get it when I say that you'll look lush and tidy when you reach your goal :)

Sarah (or Ffion as my Welsh friends call me!)
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 3:00 pm

Hi Emmie,

What a bumpy ride so far but hello WOW about your weight loss to date!! I'm stoked with mine which is right about on par with yours. Like strawberry I'm very close to what you were as well. It's been a bit slower for me but I waited until I got onto solids before joining the gym 2 wks ago and haven't looked back. Same with you I've always been the 'big' kid/friend etc can't wait to be on the other side with you as well ...look out normal here we come lolz.

best of luck with your leg and hope it heals up good and proper right quick for you :)
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 5:15 am

Hi Emma, and welcome to the forum

My weight is a little the same - at first it came off really easily but in the last few weeks it's barely moved. I think I've reached the point where I really need to do some proper exercise to keep it coming off. All I've been doing so far is walking the dog, and that doesn't seem to cut it anymore!

What a pain about your leg, hope it's feeling better soon, heals right, and you can get the plaster off and get moving. Keep us updated on how you're going! Are you planning to convert your sleeve to a bypass any time?
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 5:04 am

HI Emma,

Congrats on making the decision and getting the operation, that i think is half the battle, but Ill let you know when im on the other side lol, 27 days to go for me.

Are you seeing a dietician and/or counsellor. Dietician will be able to help you with what you should be eating to keep the weight coming off, alot of the time people arnt eating enough and they go into starvation mode so your body stores all your energy.

And a counsellor will give you someone to talk to who is not going to judge you, and give you that face to face contact, otherwise we are all here to talk to on here :)

Hopefully you will get the cast off soon and be up and walking again to aid in the further weightloss :)
Back to top Go down
emmie1980
emmie1980

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-18

PostSubject: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:55 am

Hey everyone...............

How are you all?? Hope your all well. My name is Emma, im 32 years young (lol) Im from South Wales in the UK. Ive had issues with my weight for my entire life, I was always the "BIG" kid all the way through school, and my adult life so far lol. Ive had alot of issues with my health as a result of my weight, im on so much medication i rattle when i walk! Haha. I finally asked for help almost three years ago after researching gastric surgery online and really thought it through and i knew i needed help and it was the right time for me to have this done. At my heaviest i weighed 31st (440lb or 200kg approx) After a long wait to find out if i could get funding for the operation then going through the motions of making sure i was ready for the operation i eventually went in on 24th April this year to have a gastric bypass done. However due to complications during the operation the surgeons ended up doing a gastric sleeve. I was weighed before the surgery and i weighed 26st 10lb ( 374lbs or 170kg approx) Its been 12 weeks since i had the operation, and at first the weight just seemed to fall off me and in 10 weeks i lost 5st 3lb (73lb or 33.5kg) but the last two weeks i havent lost a single pound, which is really dissapointing me. I know part of the reason is because i havent been able to do any exercise as i smashed my knee up 10 days ago and im in plaster from my ankle to the top of my thigh. Ive got an amazing support network between my family and friends, but.......its so hard trying to talk to them about issues with food since ive had the operation. All of my family are skinny, apart from me that is!! Haha, they can all eat what they want and never put any weight on. As for me all i have to do is look at food and i gain weight!! Lol. I would really like to get to know others that are in the same situation as myself. It would be really fab to talk through things and know that you know what its like, and hopefully be able to help others who are going through the process of it now. Thanks for reading my post, and i hope ill get to know some of you and share our stories. Thanks again everyone,

Love Emma xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol   Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all, im a newbie on here..............lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: