5 posters
AuthorMessage
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 2:45 pm

Hi and welcome Spanner!! Great choice on surgeon I went with Dr.G in April this year and haven't looked back since. Trust me Jan will be here before you know it!!! My yr waiting for PHI was up in jan and I still hadn't made a choice until April lolz.

There is a Northside catch up on the 5th August - which you can find in the sleevers get together's. Would love to see you there - the ppl are amazing and soo helpful :D
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 8:29 am

Hi Spanner and welcome to this wonderful forum.

I was sleeved by the loverly Dr G. March of this year. I wish you well in your Surgery.

So much infromation to be found on this forum. Any questions please ask.

Val
Back to top Go down
spanner2
spanner2

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 12:03 am

Thanks guy's.
Scott, I'm not that far behind you so feel your pain brother. My problems are not so much in my back as they are in my knees. After a day of standing or walking, my knees tend to feel like they have been hit with sledge hammers. Hoping that WLS and a lot of post op gym will rectify this.

JPC, you are right, the time will fly by. The thing that is disheartening is that I am ready now and have the patience of a 2yr old...lol

Cheers
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:21 pm

Hi Spanner, Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the lenght of wait for the surgery, it will fly by in a flash. Use your time to commence some gentle exercising and maybe try to lose some weight as my surgeon recommended, as the fitter you can be at the time of surgery, the better the recovery.

I stalked this forum for months before joining and it assisted me with loads of support and advice, and even provided me with many questions for my surgeon that I didn't even know I had until I started reading.

All the very best for your journey.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 4:01 am

spanner wrote:
I'm booked in with Dr Greenslade for the 30th of Jan 2013. Going the public route hence the late date. Tbh the date could not come fast enough, but at least it gives me time to become thoroughly informed and ready.

Cheers all

Welcome Spanner,

I too am going through the public system, hopefully I will be done August this year. I hear that Dr Greenslade is a good Surgeon so you should be in good hands mate.

You will have to tell us about about your story on how you came to be in this position - if you want that is.

Me I'm sitting on 200kg at present, lifes not real flash at this weight but at least steps are being taken to fix the prob, I'm getting done at RBWH by Dr Bowden, he too is a great surgeon so I feel confident it will all go as planned, well I bloody hope so anyway! LOL

I look forward to living life again instead of just existing and struggling by as I am now, hopefully that will alleviate the back probs a bit too, time will tell I guess.

Anyway mate have a good look around the forum and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you like, there's always someone willing to help with any info you need.

Cheers
Scott
Back to top Go down
spanner2
spanner2

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:34 am

I'm booked in with Dr Greenslade for the 30th of Jan 2013. Going the public route hence the late date. Tbh the date could not come fast enough, but at least it gives me time to become thoroughly informed and ready.

Cheers all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Brizvegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Brizvegas   Hi from Brizvegas Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Brizvegas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: