Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 6:24 am

Welcome Amanda! All the best of luck with your surgery :)
Back to top Go down
jenni2000
jenni2000

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 5:11 am

Hi Amanda,

I'm 50, live in Sydney and was sleeved on the 3rd of July. Not very long into the process but have no regrets. Welcome and congratulations on your decision.
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

Hi Amanda,

I am one of those folk in their fifties, but yet to be sleeved. My journey commencement weight was around the 170 kg mark and I have numerous health issues so I bit the bullet. I am getting sleeved three weeks today so I will leave posts, post op, to let folk know how I'm getting on.

Well done on your decision. I trust it works out well for you.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Vegas

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Welcome Amanda and congratulations on making this wonderful decision

There are Sydney gatherings, if you go to the main menu and go into Sleever's get togethers you will find them. There is one being organised for September I think.

I was operated on by Dr Kuzinkovas who works with Dr Talbot and I was also done at St George private fantastic hospital and the staff there are wonderful and very supportive of WLS

Good luck with everything

Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:42 am

Hi I'm having my surgery next week in Strathfield with Dr David Martin, but I live near Ashfield Hi I am in Sydney 355206
Back to top Go down
jelly

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

I am 50yrs old and am also being sleeved by Dr Talbot at SGPH. My surgery is scheduled for 21/08.
Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-06-16

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Hi Amanda   Hi I am in Sydney EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 12:37 am

Hi Amanda,

I'm 57 and about to embark on opti. My sleeve is booked for 10/8, in Melbourne with Geoffrey Draper, and am excited and nervous. It's a big decision, but this site is incredibly helpful. There are quite a few people in their 50's who have been sleeved, and it seems to have worked well for them.

Good luck with your journey,

Rosie
Back to top Go down
Amanda K

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 12:16 am

Well I have made the decision to have the Sleeve and have started the formalities and having Dr Michael Talbot at St George Private Hosp. I am going through the SIOS -Sydney ObesityCentre in Ashfield.

I am wondering if there are any Sydney get togethers or Meet and Greet type groups. Hoping to have the op in about 6 weeks?

Any info and thoughts for an older woman - I am 54 yrs old would appreciate!

Amanda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi I am in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I am in Sydney   Hi I am in Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi I am in Sydney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: