Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wtbt

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 3:13 pm

Dr Michell's Rooms rang and changed my appointment as the nurse isn't going to be in on the 27th so now I'm seeing her on the 3rd of August. I saw my GP today to get a referral had a great chat to him and he was very supportive.
Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? 65317 also told a great friend today that I was planning on having a sleeve done she offered to take annual leave to help look after my four children when I have the op. So lucky to have such a wonderful friend.
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 5:07 am

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? 217555 Good Luck! :)
Back to top Go down
mmm
mmm

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 4:22 am

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? 446871 Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? 446871
Back to top Go down
Wtbt

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 2:42 pm

I have made an appointment to see Dr Michell's nurse.
My appointment is on Friday the 27th, so the ball has started rolling!
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 4:08 am

I've seen 2 other surgeons in the span of about 15 years. I first saw Prof O'Brien I think in the late 1990's and another surgeon in Geelong about 6 years ago. This time I only went and saw my current surgeon, plus he's the only one doing the surgery in Geelong now anyway.
Back to top Go down
mmm
mmm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

Good Job Wtbt

Your journey has begun!

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? 446871

Michelle aka mmm
Back to top Go down
Wtbt

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 12:39 pm

Thanks mmm.

Looks like it's Dr Ian Michell at epworth.

One step closer. My mission tomorrow is to make an appointment to see him.
Back to top Go down
mmm
mmm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptySat 14 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

Hi

I think you just made the decision.

It helps to feel comfortable with the surgeon too. I only consulted one surgeon but did a heap of research and joining this forum was the best thing.

Cheers

Michelle

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? 65317
Back to top Go down
Wtbt

Female

PostSubject: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 6:29 am

I'm in the initial stages and was wondering if many people see more than one surgeon.

I think I have narrowed it down to two Dr Ian Michell or Dr Ahmad Aly.

Both appear to have good experience and credentials. Dr Aly operates closer to home but I like the fact that Dr Michell operates at Epworth which is a large hospital just in case something went wrong. Dr Michell gets glowing references on the forum but I can't find too many posts from patients of Dr Aly.

Decisions decisions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?   Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you see more than 1 surgeon initially?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: