5 posters
AuthorMessage
suek1995
suek1995

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 11:46 am

Hi Arnamk,

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net. I was bypassed of the 4th of July (not sleeved) because of my diabetes and the improvement has been dramatic. I am not getting BSLs as low as I would like but I am sure as I head down the scales that will come. I am still taking medication however not taking insulin after being on 80 units a day for the past 4 years. For me the surgery was pretty much pain free and I am now on soft foods until the 25th of July when I resume a fairly normal albeit much smaller eating plan. The first morning I went from fluids to soft food I was so excited about my scrambled egg it was ridiculous, particularly when I struggled to get more than half of one egg down before I was full lol. It has already changed my life and I am sure it will change yours too. I can assure you I am never hungry and don't have much interest in food which for someone as focused on food as I have been for 40 years is amazing,

Cheers,
Sue
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

Hey Crazybexta,

Thanks for your welcome!

Have you got a date for your sleeve yet?
Back to top Go down
Crazybexta
Crazybexta

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 9:40 am

HI Arna

Welcome to the forum!!

Sounds like you're in the right space to at least get the ball rolling. I am like you.. right now... getting healthier is one of the main reasons I want to be sleeved.. I have been told that the surgery is risky... but my response was.. so is continually gaining weight until I die of something I could have prevented years ago with the sleeve.

Good luck on your journey and I hope that you find the support you need here :)
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 10:38 pm

Hi JPC and S,

Thanks heaps for helping me feel welcome. It means a lot to me. I'm so impressed with the support and the general warmth of this inline community. It is really nice to be a part of it

Be seeing you around
Arna
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 2:11 am

Good luck with your appointment arna...

In some ways I found the decision to have the surgery easy...because I was borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol, extremely unfit and felt like a stroke waiting to happen. I also carried a lot if weight around my abdomen, which is a strong precursor to I'll Heath as you get older.

The good news is that post surgery I am much healthier in all the above areas...so it is possible to head off such things as diabetes if you take control of your weight.

Look forward to seeing how your story develops.

S
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

Hi Arna,

Welcome aboard! There are a lot of folk on the forum, me included, who literally stalked this place looking for support, guidance and inspiration before makig a final decision to be sleeved. You will find just about any concern you have will have an answer somewhere here, or someone will find it for you.

Having any surgery is a difficult decision, and I hear what you say about your headspace. There are a lot of very empathetic head doctors out there that can assist in that arena as well.

Good luck with your decision making and your journey.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Hi all,

I've been popping in and out of this forum for a few years I think, a while anyway. I'm finely close to making a decision to have the sleeve done. I've recently found out that im edging even closer to diabetes. I'm scared, I definitely do not want diabetes.

I've felt close to making a decision to be sleeved before. But life was really hard and I felt I needed to be in a better headspace to make such a huge decision. Well, headspace is still an issue but I'm too close now to becoming diabetic because of my binge eating behaviour over most my life time. Enough is enough!

Before, the risk factor of the procedure and it being a relatively new surgery held me off from having it done. But now the risk of diabetes is far more real than the mortality statistics of having a sleeve.

So I'm hoping to soon join one of the monthly forums. I have appointment with Frydenberg next Monday. The second bariatric surgeon I have consulted about WLS.

Anyway it's great being part of this fantastic network!

Be seeing you round,
Arna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: