AuthorMessage
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Hello - New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member   Hello - New Member EmptySat 07 Jul 2012, 12:56 am

Hi Andrew,

Welcome aboard. I hope all goes well with your journey. You may gain insight into your procedure through this site but it is primarily related to sleeving, which is a step beyond teh banding.

I originally went to see a surgeon about banding and was tlaked out of it. Their rationale was that it required regular servicing which would mean regular days off work as I live / work a good hour from the rooms, and the success rate is often not sustainable, and there are a reported number of problems. The one up side was that it is 100% reversible.

I then saw another surgeon who outlined the other two options, being sleeving and gastric bypass surgery. He outlined both of those and gave me written material on the three options and told me to read through and then decide, based on unbiased and sound information.

That, plus being about 80kg overweight, was the start of my journey toward being sleeved. I hope you don't think I'm trying to talk you out of anything. I truly admire your decision. I know it is not an easy one to make.

I wish you all the best with your journey.

Cheers,

Janet
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Hello - New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member   Hello - New Member EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 4:00 am

Welcome Andrew,
You might like to read the topics on "band to sleeve" for more information.
Best of luck with your journey.
Regards
Jessied
Back to top Go down
Teenadee

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-11-21

Hello - New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member   Hello - New Member EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 3:16 am

Hi there, I hope you get some help around here but this is actually for those that are getting the stomach sleeve rather than the banding, if you havnt heard much about sleeving take a look around
Back to top Go down
andrewjhonson

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-05

Hello - New Member Empty
PostSubject: Hello - New Member   Hello - New Member EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 3:10 am

Hello dear members,

I new to this forum. I am planning to take Lap Band Surgery. Hopefully this forum helps me lot.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello - New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member   Hello - New Member Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello - New Member
Page 1 of 1