Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:01 pm

awesome, angee, awesome!!!

you have no idea how much your story inspires me.
it's nice to know that if i stick to the same programme of healthy eating and exercise
then i may just enjoy the same results as you.

i really look forward to hearing more about your weight loss.
actually, i guess you will be focusing on maintaining rather than losing. der!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:56 pm

Hi Angee, and welcome to the forum
A shame you didn't find us earlier, but you're here now, so as they say, "better late than never".
Congratulations on reaching your goal weight and staying there - I'm hoping I can catch you up, eventually!
I went to OA for about a year, but chose to stop after that time. I can certainly understand continuing, though, and am pleased that it helps you.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:11 pm

Angee, thanks for posting in my diary...
it was nice to see you there!

Deb - that's such a good pic of you and your puppy...
you have a pretty smile, so does the pooch!

Cos - I was just checking the posts last night when I scrolled down to the chat.
That was so cool... hehe~

Take care, all!
*hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 9:04 am

Hi Angee,

Welcome to the list! What a shame you didn't find it earlier as I am sure the support of other sleevers would have been of benefit to you. Better late than never!

I too am inspired by your story and can only hope to have a similar success to you.
With all the batwings on this website maybe we should start a new airline.
My biggest worry is that my tummy won't stop hanging down when I get to goal- we'll see.
Hope to hear a lot more from you in the future.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 8:10 am

hi there,
what a fantastic story, absolutely amazing to think of where you started and what you are now.
I have also reached my goal weight, well im a little under it, and im now trying to not lose to much...lol thats a first in my life...
It such a fantastic feeling isnt it, and your right, we can joke now....but it wasnt a joke when we were there.
Good luck to you...you skinny little thing

Nicole
Back to top Go down
amthi

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-10-05

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 7:38 am

very inspiring, to hear that at the start of my weightloss journey i am very impressed and it has made me more determined. would be good to hear more of your journey
regards Mel
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:40 am

Ange,

Hey and a big welcome and thanks for such a positive and encouraging post !

It was great chatting to you, Trish the tongue twister, CP & Fadding earlier and good to see the chat box in business.

I am like Robyn, anything under 70 kilos would be a blessing and in the back of my mind i secretly but not hopefully have a desire to get back down to 60.......having spoken to you i am much more encouraged that it can really happen and that my hard work will not be for naught....................so big thanks for that !

It would be wonderful if you decided to start a diary ! ........

Hugs and so glad you found us
Love
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
angee

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-16

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:13 am

Caz you sweetheart. Thankyou Trish with the tonguetwister name. Do you know,it certainly seemed hard in the beginning as I shed all my old attitudes about myself and food. A year on and it seems to have happened overnight, just like a miracle.

I was a fatty fatty poombar. This years Biggest Losers look almost emaciated compared to me in December 2007. I was practically spherical. Hills frightend me. One wrong step and I would have the weight and momentum to roll down from Brisbane all the way to Sydney.
I can joke now of course, but I was a rolling timebomb.

If I can afford any hope to any of you at all it might be this -
You CAN do it. You WILL do it. Apply all the best nutritional knowledge you can get your hands on.Have a plan. DO NOT GIVE IN to temptation. No compromises in the first 6 months NONE. Do not kid yourself that you can eat modereately. Absolute healthy healthy healthy. Make friends with your greengrocer. My man Bob at the local fruitstall puts the best fruit away for me at cheaper prices once I eplained my story and where I needed to get to.
These rules/sayings worked for me. I needed the rigid discipline. I always will.
But everyone will find their own way. I needed a complete and total lifestyle change.
It worked for me.And at every stage I did not feel as though I was missing or denying myself a thing.
Robyn I put up streamers when I got to 70. You will get there honey, no doubt about it.

I am so looking forward to spending more time here. Have a lovely day everyone.
Back to top Go down
Robyn
Part of the furniture
Robyn

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-06

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:09 am

Congratulations Angee, you must feel elated to get to 51kgs.
I'm with Caz just to get under 70kgs would be a blessing.
Hopefully I will be at goal in a year too.
Being sleeved next Monday.
Thanks for the inspiration, it was great to read your story.
Robyn
Back to top Go down
Trishthinwish
Trishthinwish

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-22

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:01 am

Hi Angee

Congrates on reaching your goal, nice to have had a chat with you, and I will look forward to hear more from you. at goal newbie 446871

Cheers Trish
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Wow!   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:55 am

What an inspirational story Angee. As someone about to have my operation in a week, it gives me great hope that this is the right decision for me. I have lost weight in the past but never managed to keep it off.

To even contemplate getting under 70 kg is something I haven't dared to do. To think of getting close to 60 kg would be a miracle. And being able to stay there would be fantastic.

I'd be happy to put up with batwings and other associated lumps and bumps if I manage to get there.

Thanks for the story
Caz
Back to top Go down
angee

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-16

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: at goal newbie   at goal newbie EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:12 am

Goood afternoon everyone.I had my GSV in December 2007 on the Gold Coast.I live just north uth of Brisbane and I work as a clinician in the field of child and adolescent mental health. I started at a weight of 142kilos and I now weigh 51kilos at a height of 157cm. From size 26plus to a comfy 8/10.
I have been at goal for the last month and I am the healthiest I have ever been as an adult.My life has changed considerably for the better as a result. Apart from the batwings of course. I am most interested to see if anyone else is starting to investigate nips and tucks as I am. Frustratingly I have spent the last year on an American website and only discovered this site after being told of it by a member of the Overeaters Anonymous group I attend who also has been sleeved.
Yes I still attend OA as I was and always will be addicted to the wrong kind of food. Now that I am at goal the last year seems almost too easy.I concentrated on eating only healthy lowfat food, staying away from all starchy carbs and saturated fats plus I exercised every day without fail.
To all those beginning their journey I say goodluck, and keep pluging away. I never thought that it would happen for me and it has.I had to modify everything about the way I lived and the way I approached food but it has been more than worth the effort.I am kicking myself that I did not discover this site sooner.Boohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

at goal newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: at goal newbie   at goal newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

at goal newbie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: