Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 9:45 pm

gday Jessica

welcome to the forum. Wishing you wellness.

Erin
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Jessica! Best of luck in the lead up to your surgery, and of course with the surgery itself.

Some Brisbane southside sleevers have a catch up at Rochedale every month. Next one is on 11th August I think. There'll be a post about it in the sleevers catch up section. Come along and say hi! :)
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:37 pm

Yep, welcome from me too,
Agree with Sssss, she always says sensible things and is an inspiration to us all !!!

Good luck!!
Linda
Back to top Go down
Shane
Shane

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

Well said S!

Hi from qld 446871
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 3:51 pm

Welcome jess and good luck to all of you soon-to-be-sleevers who've popped in to say hi (starting with Ishtar).

Re the opti...obviously it's up to you and the surgeon what you 'have' to do...and your fellows here have some good suggestions re you contacting his office.

On a personal note though, while I absolutely loathed and detested the pre-op opti phase...it was also a great stage and I'd recommend you do it if there's no reason not to...

1. I felt healthier than I had for ages...the combination of the high protein diet and being on multivitamins was better than my pre-op 'normal diet'. I had lots of energy after the first few days.

2. I knew I was giving my liver and my body the best chance to get through the surgery.

3. I lost 7kgs pre the op...a great sense of accomplishment and a great kickstart for the post surgery goal.

4. Personally I think this phase helps prepare you mentally for the post surgery experience...which you have to stick to the docs orders or risk your new tiny tummy. You'll be eating a lot less post surgery for a while.

5. It's a great bonding experience with other sleevers...a shared rite of passage that only those who've lived through it can understand :)

6. If you're like most of us, you'll hate the stuff...this will give you something to whinge and moan about pre-surgery and you'll be sooo busy discussing how foul most of it is that you won't even have time to worry about the surgery!

I only eat the bars...literally could not stomach the shakes...and I was soooo excited to finish the preopti phase...but I still go back to the bars now if I hAven't been behaving...

So it's totally your decision...whatever you choose to do enjoy the countdown over the next couple of weeks as you prepare for what will be a really exciting change in your life.

S
Back to top Go down
Carlsa
Carlsa

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Qld   Hi from qld EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

Hey Jess, come on over to the July Monthly Sleevers thread!!

I'm geting sleeved by Justin on the 24th July. I think Brenda & Justin will be back tomorrow so give Brenda a call about your question. I started opti way before I had to but I wanted to make sure my liver shrinks before my surgery and also to feel better as I normally don't eat excessivley but I started the "last supper bingeing" a few months ago & it made me feel blah, so since opti I've been feeling good.

Some of the July Sleevers are meeting up on Brisbane on the 21st, so if you want to meet up PM me or come over to the July thread and talk to the others.

Talk soon
Back to top Go down
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 2:27 am

Hi Jessica

I'm also in Ipswich and Dr Greenslade is doing my sleeve on the 10th July. Welcome to this great site. I'm pretty sure Brenda will be back in the office on Monday but by the latest they are both back on Tuesday so I would ring them and ask about opti.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:43 am

Is there a receptionist or someone at his office that could help you. If you feel very concern about the weight gain maybe do the opti fast for 2 weeks leading upto surgery. I have to do it which I'm dreading but I know it important for my liver and surgery.
Back to top Go down
Jessica2008

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

Dr greenslade is doing my surgery at the QE11 not long to go now he told me that i didnt need to do the optifast diet but i have gained 7kgs scince i saw him in january so im thinking i probably should do it now any thoughts as he is on holidays and i cant contact him to check

Jess
Back to top Go down
Shane
Shane

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

hey Jessica2008, welcome and welcome also to the July Sleevers. I am and so are another (at least) 18 Aussies over at July Sleevers, come say hi.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

Hey Jessica I'm from Ipswich aswell. How exciting not long who doing your surgery. I'm getting sleeved on 21st Aug I'm so excited but little scared. Good luck it will be here before you know it.
Back to top Go down
Jessica2008

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Hi from qld   Hi from qld EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 11:29 am

Hi my name is Jessica im from ipswich in QLD

i am having my sleeve done on the 25th july i am very excited and nervous at the same time

i found this page just by googling and was happy to find an Australian page :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from qld   Hi from qld Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from qld
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: