AuthorMessage
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Would you do it anyway? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 2:02 am

Hi

I agree with sassyred, the sleeve journey is as big an adjustment for our partners as it is for us. I am only 12 wks out my hubby "jokingly" said will u leave when your skinny. I know him well enough to know that part of was joking but it's an under lying fear for him. Give him time to make the adjustment.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 12:00 am

No, I wouldn't do it anyway - not straight away anyway. My husband has found my sleeve journey very difficult too, we are doing really well now but had to go to counselling also. It was an intense process, one that you need to both go into prepared to give 100%. If it were me I'd wait until things were better. Give him a chance to catch up with all the changes. Perhaps then he will be more agreeable? If not, then you've waited long enough..... Go fo it.
Back to top Go down
23ros
23ros

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 4:17 am

Beckstar77 wrote:
Just a quick update, I am booked in all day long at my tattooist next Tuesday to make a start on my half sleeve on my left arm. Hopefully I can sit there as long as possible!
Also, my husband and I are in marriage counseling at the moment as there were heaps of issues beyond me wanting another tattoo.
Turns out he does feel very threatened and jeleous since ive lost weight. He needs to learn to deal with it.

Good on you Beckstar...Married life is about compromise, and communication.

You are still an individual. It's the one thing we have in this life, and that's choice. The choice is yours sweetheart.

Love to see a pic when the tats finished.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 4:01 am

Glad to see yous are getting support!

shelly

Last edited by shelly25 on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 3:27 am

I have two tattoos at the moment and i love mine don't care what people think,so i'd say go ahead,if he loves you they should not bother him
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 9:47 am

Just a quick update, I am booked in all day long at my tattooist next Tuesday to make a start on my half sleeve on my left arm. Hopefully I can sit there as long as possible!
Also, my husband and I are in marriage counseling at the moment as there were heaps of issues beyond me wanting another tattoo.
Turns out he does feel very threatened and jeleous since ive lost weight. He needs to learn to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 1:53 am

Ive got tattoos on both my arms... Like J, I couldn't care less if someone doesn't like them.

My body, my choice.

You don't like it, tough freaking luck. My ex hated them, but I still kept on getting them. My new bloke isn't a huge fan, but has also said that they don't bother him and I could be covered head to toe and he'd still love me.

At the end of the day, the tattoos are on the outside, he's with me because of what's on the inside.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:13 pm

think there are deeper issues here than just tattoo..

from what you have said i get the impression he is feeling threatened because u lost so much weight.

would he forbid u to have plastic surgery?

what is it about the tattoo he doesnt like?
Back to top Go down
liny
liny

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 10:41 pm

I agree with J its your body your choice your the one that has to live with it and you no what life's to short fly like a butterfly :)
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 7:35 pm

It does make me want to do it even more. The more he carries on and says no, the more I feel like I have to stand up for my own independence.
I'm the sort if gal who if someone says don't do it, just makes me want too even more. Lol. Maybe that's childish too?
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 7:02 pm

Ive got of sleeve and I plan on going the full sleeve and onto my chest..

I couldn't give a rats ass who doesn't like it, good luck hating it when it's my choice and it's perminent.

I say do it, having him say I forbid you is seriously childish.
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:45 pm

That kinda defeats the purpose of having the tattoo that I want...I have 4 other tattoo's already but I've always wanted one on my arm.
He says he's sick of my 'all about me' attitude - he says now I've list weight all I care about is myself ( and I think, for once, it's about time)
How much do you compromise what you want for someone else?
I don't see how having a pretty drawing on my arm makes me a different person?
He says I have no respect for him and what he wants. I've said I'm still an individual person but he thinks because we are married it should be joint decision. I just don't get that - it's not hurting anyone and I'm nor doing anything wrong by wanting an arm tatt ( I also wonder if it'll help hide my saggy arm skin)
Funnily enough, he thinks it'd be ok if I were to get a tramp stamp, but not one on my arm. I think that's hypocritical.
I guess I'm feeling suffocated.
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Hi beckstar
Would your husband feel that you are rejecting him if you went ahead with the tattoo when he obviously feels so strongly about it?

Just a thought. Maybe you could compromise and have a tattoo that isn't as visible?

Best wishes
Jessied
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 3:16 pm

Hi guys,
I've been wanting a half sleeve for about 6 years now and have started contacting my tattooist whilst I'm on holidays ( I got inked here in Sweden a few yrs ago and want the same guy again)
Problem is, my husband hates tattoos and is very against it. He has actually used the words, I forbid you.
We've talked and argued about so much but there is no convincing him.
I'm tempted to do it anyway but wondered what you all think?
Would you get a tatt if you really wanted it, no matter what anyone else says, even your husband?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you do it anyway?   Would you do it anyway? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you do it anyway?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: