Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 12:04 pm

Awww, I love you too Cherry!!! I'm actually trying some shakes this week, not to re-set as such but just to kick start my weight loss again cos I have stalled. Good luck if you give it a stab!
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 1:42 am

Strawberry I love you!!!
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 12:07 am

Thats a great idea Strawberrychic, i will keep that in mind
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptySun 01 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Don't stress hon, cos NO I am certain you haven't stretched your sleeve. If you're worried about it, I was reading a post the other day about "re-setting" - basically going back to the regime of the early days and having liquids for a couple of days then little bit of mushies I think it was for a couple of days - 5 days all up. Fixes any stretching. In your case I'm sure it's just fear of stretching but it might be something to think about if you're feeling really worried? Might put your mind at rest. I'm sure it's all good. Those crumpets are full of holes anyway!!! Big hug xx
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 1:56 am

I don't think you've stretched your sleeve...

I couldn't fit in 2 crumpets at that point, I don't know if I could fit in 2 now... But I haven't tried.

Challenge accepted.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 12:40 pm

sassyred wrote:
Oh Babes! don't stress!
My surgeon said you can't stretch your sleeve - he said imagine trying to stretch the skin on your back by pulling it with your hands (gross image I know) but you just couldn't do it. I don't worry about it now. What I know is that if I pick at food constantly all day I can fit much more in, if I stick to meals with gaps in between I can't fit as much in. Certainly if you are losing weight then there is nothing to worry about.

Is it an aussie thing, these saos?? - cause I have no idea what they are....

Hey sassyred......
Yep Saos are Arnotts Sao Biscuits, sortbof like a thicker slightly tatier water cracker in a square shape, u can have them with savoury ir sweet stuff, have been around forever!!! Dont knowvif you have arnotts over there? Most Aussie kids had saos and vegemite growing up:-)
Linda
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Thanks Sass, Linda, Kateh and everyone for your replies.
I do feel a bit better. I've banned crumpets from crossing my threshold and I'm now very mindfully choosing portion sizes. Hopefullly this will settle things down. I can eat a full protein bar (optifast), hopefully that's ok - I've been doing that for a while now......sigh.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

Oh Babes! don't stress!
My surgeon said you can't stretch your sleeve - he said imagine trying to stretch the skin on your back by pulling it with your hands (gross image I know) but you just couldn't do it. I don't worry about it now. What I know is that if I pick at food constantly all day I can fit much more in, if I stick to meals with gaps in between I can't fit as much in. Certainly if you are losing weight then there is nothing to worry about.

Is it an aussie thing, these saos?? - cause I have no idea what they are....

Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 12:15 am

Hey CR,

Dont stress!!!
Another of MY things is...... I want to eat like a thin person....... if I feel like something I have it. I may not have it immediately but have found that deprivation makes the wanting much worse and its better to have a small amount than a binge!
(binges still do happen, they arent as catastrophic as previous)
Be mindful, smaller mouthfuls,chew well, put down ur utensils between bites.
I am hopeless in social situations and dont chew enough cos I talk too much, but I now know that and can adjust this behaviour! I am nearly 3 yrs out, still losing, still learning!!!!
Linda
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 12:04 am

Oh Cherry. Don't cry from what you have said I'm sure you havnt stretched your sleeve. From everything I've read it's very hard to atretch your sleeve & it defently doesn't sound like anything you have done has caused it. As you said smaller mouthfuls & chew slower & advoid crumpets. You will be fine chin up!!
X
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 12:00 am

Oh dear. Crumpets are off the menu now. I'm feeling a bit nervy about the size of my sleeve. Could have I really stretched it beyond all recognition? I'm not deliberately scarfing a tonne of food - however I do eat quickly and don't do tiny bites - need to be more mindful. I'm going to go back to the drawing board and start measuring my food. Please God tell me I haven't stretched my sleeve - it is my worst nightmare. Only once or twice have I been in pain from overeating and that was VERY early on. I've never vomited from over eating and rarely am I uncomfortably full. Now i want to cry.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm

I dont know if I could eat 2 crumpets.....
mainly because I try really hard to think what I really feel like, I would rather eat 2 saos, enjoy the act of chewing and crumpets disappear way to fast.
Am like that with chocolates and junk food too, I browse the ailses to see what I REALLY feel like and more often than not I leave with nothing!
Linda
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:33 pm

Yum, crumpets!! But unfortunately I'm with sassyred - carby things feel like a brick in my tummy so I wouldn't even attempt a crumpet. I reckon I wouldn't even be able to eat half. Chocolate though, that's another story...
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm

Mmmmmmmmm crumpets.......
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 9:09 pm

LOL I wouldn't even attempt to eats crumpets let alone two!

I prefer to eat something with more thats a bit more healthier with protein and fibre in it.

Its all about QUALITY not QUANTITY!
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 4:45 am

Oh CR you do make me laugh....

I'm many months out now and I couldn't eat two crumpets.... Not that I eat them at all so I can't tell you exactly how much of a crumpet I could eat, but that type of carb filled snack swells up in my tum like you wouldn't believe. How long does it take you to eat 2?

I just have to tell you that my FAVOURITE choc bar is a CherryRipe, just love 'em, I hate to think how many of them I could put away in one sitting!! I've never tried past half a bar but I have noticed lately that my nightly quarter of a CR has turned into a third... oh dear....
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 3:27 am

I did eat a whole (2 sides) english wholemeal muffin with vegemite for supper the other night, about 1.5 hours after dinner. I was so very full though - BAD ME.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 3:17 am

I'm a fair way out from where you are but I know I couldn't of eaten that much back then.

Currently I can eat a whole muffin with 1 egg, I prefer having half and 2 eggs though. :)

Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 3:03 am

Haha, sorry Cherry laughing with you not at you, love your description for your tum!! Sorry hon, 9 months out can only eat one.............just!! I usually share one with my daughter as she never finishes one either!!
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 2:48 am

Just wondering if anyone three months out can eat two crumpets? I think my sleeve is actually the Great Artesian Basin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?   How Biggeth Is Thy Gut? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Biggeth Is Thy Gut?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: